HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

I have a few questions regarding bricks since i am trying to get into some really basic H3 modding.
-Where can i find bricks exactly and how?
-How do they work exactly? (i do know that they can control the time of day, the environment, etc.)
-Are there different types of bricks that defy different things or 1 brick/mission or ET?
-(Stupid question, but just in case) If there are different ones, can I use a brick in one location to change the time of day in another?

I published a tool to permit mods to be built by the player. That enables the offline scoring mod to work on modded missions without separate compatibility patches for each mod adding or editing missions. It also contains a mod that would, if other modders support it, permit to arbitrarily mix-and-match mods adding missions without conflicts or replacing vanilla levels.

For modders able to code in python it also includes quite a few goodies in the form of parsers and other helper code to build more mods, including a very simple JSON dialect with includes and dynamic code execution.

8 Likes

Please enjoy! :wink:

4 Likes

Is there anybody else having issues with missions lately? Ie, loading up Chongqing with a regular load out, game crashes halfway into loading. I uninstall all my mods etc and get my original package definition in, and it still crashes. It’s been like this for a few months, but becoming more frequent now?

Not sure if you are aware, but RPKG Tool has been updated to automate extracting all the depends of an outfit .TEMP that can then be patched to chunk0.

In case you didn’t know, (I also cover a lot of things you probably already know, but including them for newcomers.)

Automatic Outfit .TEMP Swap Script:
1.5 Updated for Ambrose Island (chunk28). Removed settings for chunk1 and chunk2. Script now automatically copies depend folders from the bottom (28) up (0) so the latest files are the ones that get patched. This also alleviates the issue of having duplicate files that may be in multiple chunks.

(Links to RPKG Tool and Outfit Spreadsheet are at bottom of post)

1. Create a working folder.

2. Copy over rpkg-cli.exe from RPKG Tool into working folder.
    Tip: Or add the folder that contains rpkg-cli.exe to Environment Variables so rpkg-cli.exe can be accessed from anywhere on your computer.
    Search for “Advanced System Settings” and follow diagram below

3. Extract .bat scripts into working folder.

4. Open 00_Settings.bat in text editor and change settings accordingly.

set "OutfitHash=002CC01E5889B687"
set "NewOutfitHash=00FF8C6314EA882E"
set "RuntimeFolder=C:\Program Files\Epic Games\HITMAN3\Runtime"
set "PatchNumber=3"
set "FromChunk0=n"

“OutfitHash” is the outfit you are extracting.
“NewOutfitHash” is the outfit you are replacing.
“RuntimeFolder” is the location of the Runtime folder.
“PatchNumber” is what patch number you would like the .rpkg to be.
“FromChunk0” y or n.

1. Run 01_ExtractHashDepends.bat
  2. Copy chunk0patch[number].rpkg to Runtime folder.
    Default location: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\HITMAN3\Runtime

Note: Using RPKG Tool to load up the Runtime Folder and extracting All depends is quicker if you want to test out multiple outfits. In which case, you would skip 01_ExtractHashDepends.bat and use 02_OrganizeAndPack.bat instead. (The hashes in 00_Settings.bat still needs to be set accordingly.)

Manual Outfit .TEMP Swap Tutorial:

1. With RPKG Tool
    a. Import>Import RPKGs Folder (Default location: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\HITMAN3\Runtime)
    b. Search for the outfit .TEMP you want to swap one of 47’s default outfits WITH
    (e.g. 002CC01E5889B687.TEMP - OUTFIT_Llama_Unique_Diana_F_Actor_v0)
    c. In the right panel, Extract Hash Depends> Extract All Hash Depends.
  2. In the extracted folder,
    Automatic script for parts a.-b.
    Download and put .bat script into the ALLDEPENDS/[Hash].TEMP folder.
    Run .bat.
    Dropbox - HITMAN3_Organize ALLDEPENDS Folders.bat - Simplify your life
    a. Delete chunk0 folders,
    b. Transfer folders in the chunk[number]patch1 folders into their base folders (The same chunk[number] without “patch1”), overwriting them. Do the same for each additional chunk[number]patch[number] folder. (patch2 is as far as it goes at this time.)
    c. Rename .TEMP and .TEMP.meta of the outfit .TEMP to the hash of the 47 outfit you are replacing
    (e.g
    [OUTFIT_Llama_Unique_Diana_F_Actor_v0 outfit .TEMPs]
    002CC01E5889B687.TEMP
    002CC01E5889B687.TEMP.meta
    are renamed to
    [OUTFIT_Agent47_SignatureSuit_HeroA_V0 outfit TEMPs]
    00FF8C6314EA882E.TEMP
    00FF8C6314EA882E.TEMP.meta)
  3. Rename ALLDEPENDS folder to chunk0patch3 (Or whatever the next patch number is in your Runtime folder)
  4. With RPKG Tool
    a. Generate> Generate RPKG From Folder
    b. Copy chunk0patch3.rpkg file (Or whatever number you made it) into HITMAN 3’s Runtime folder.
    Default location: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\HITMAN3\Runtime

Prerequisite for getting mod to work:
packagedefinition.txt needs to be patched
(Default location: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\HITMAN3\Runtime)

Optional: Make a back up of packagedefinition.txt .

1. Drag and drop packagedefinition.txt into the above site.
  2. Click “Set Patch Levels”.
  3. Click “Save File” and overwrite your original packagedefinition.txt .

Some resources for you and anyone else that might need them:

Spreadsheet of outfit .TEMPs

13 Likes

24 Likes

Gigachad 47? More like Bogdanoff 47 :laughing:

7 Likes

Handsome Squidward 47.

the horror :scream:

7 Likes

Hey HMBM47, I updated a new version of my mod. Turns out the missing of ASEB is the problem. It’s also one of the depends in your Constant mod. That’s why my game did’t crash without it lol. Thanks for reporting the problem in the first place and sharing such a good tutorial. I’m glad everyone can finally enjoy my mods. :relaxed:

1 Like

RPKG Tool v2.12 Changelog

• Entity/Brick (TEMP/TBLU) Editor:
    • ResourceTool implementation for the Brick Editor which allows full rebuilding (Adding/removing entities coming soon).
    • Generating RPKGs/Saving TEMPs will now only use one single output folder per RPKG base chunk name, instead of splitting files into chunk* and chunkpatch folders.
    • Implemented a proper progress bar when the TEMP/TBLU files are being recursively loaded.
10 Likes

I have replaced Smart Casual Suit with Olivia Hall.

Here are some screenshots from ingame:

And here is the link for the file for anyone wants to play around with it:

(By the way my nexus account is old soo the name doesn’t match :sweat_smile:)
(Also huge thanks to HMBM47 for the guide on how to make this happen :slightly_smiling_face:)

12 Likes

Accent Replacement Mod

For those who happen to want more voice variety (aka less American and British) to certain maps. It works in both online and offline.

At this stage only able to change the accents of half of NPCs (Pretty much none of the Bangkok security can have their voices changed, for example). I’ve only done Bangkok and Hokkaido for now. I’d love to add European voices to Berlin and perhaps Paris using Target voices (Mendola = French, De Santis = Italian, Stuyvesant = Dutch, Janus = Eastern European, Strandberg = Swedish, etc) but currently don’t know how to make them work on other maps :frowning:

More info + download available on Nexus!

32 Likes

Welcome back to the forum.

13 Likes

This latest version tool causes the game to crash when I make HITMAN3 the active window.
My GPU is a GTX980Ti and I am using the latest version of the graphics driver.

3 Likes

I was extending my mod framework to permit adding new items to the game and thus started to look into all the TEMP stuff. Dreaming of the possibilities if somebody took the time to analyze the formats there. Then you release the first editing tools the same day. Thanks a lot, your tools are a pillar for all other modders!

We’re getting close to DLC-like mods :slight_smile:

1 Like

ResourceTool has been around quite a bit longer, this is just the integration of it into the RPKG Tool brick editor (which has also existed previously).

1 Like

Not aware of ResourceTool and a separate brick editor, care to share links? Maybe @Notex can even edit the original post? Would be nice to have the tool’s history there, even if it is now included.

I’m aware of it. The problem is that it works for me, so I can’t check what is making it crash for other people.

The brick editor was introduced to RPKG before now, this is an upgrade for it.

Here’s ResourceTool (formerly ResourceParser).

4 Likes

RPKG Tool v2.13 Changelog

• Entity/Brick (TEMP/TBLU) Editor:
    • Added Hitman 2 functionality to the Entity/Brick (TEMP/TBLU) Editor (by adding such functionality to ResourceTool)
    • Added the option to load the Entity/Brick (TEMP/TBLU) Editor in non-recursive mode
    • Restored and moved the expand and collapse all nodes buttons in the Entity/Brick (TEMP/TBLU) Editor
    • The Entity/Brick (TEMP/TBLU) Editor now allows editing of the TEMP’s:
      • subEntities: propertyValues
      • subEntities: postInitPropertyValues
      • subEntities: platformSpecificPropertyValues
      • subType
      • blueprintIndexInResourceHeader
      • rootEntityIndex
      • propertyOverrides
      • externalSceneTypeIndicesInResourceHeader
  • Implemented a single progress window/bar when importing all the RPKGs in a folder
  • Added multi-line IOI hash calculator function in the GUI
12 Likes