HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

Soders, receiving a life changing operation: Yyyouuu?
Soders, who just blew up half the hospital with a rubber ducky and now has a Vector 45. Acp floating on his back:

I got an idea for mod makers. Make a mod for a pistol that shoots explosions. It would be fun to see that. Also a pistol that shoots poison in the form of a dart. what can you say about it?

Nope, this is the only one, even in the framework.

Change the texture level in the launcher, not inside the game, to Medium and youā€™ll get the placeholders. Theyā€™ll stay that way even if you change it back to High inside the game.

Conversely, if you start the game with High in the launcher and change it to Medium inside the game, the guns will still show up just fine. Presumably, thereā€™s some kind of caching/fallback behavior.

Hey, @HMBM47, or anyone else who knows how to TEMP swap, can I have some help?
I mean like swapping a target out for another NPC. I was able to do swap Novikov out for the Blood Money suit, but following the same method to swap others does nothing.
Method:

• Follow the usual steps to swap 47ā€™s outfit out with an NPC, extract TEMP and depends etc.
  • When it comes to swapping the name of the TEMP, say swapping Robert Knoxā€™s with Carl Ingramā€™s, I follow the rest of the steps needed; and load it into an rpkg into the game.
    -Game is in offline mode, yet Robert Knox would still appear as Robert Knox.

Worth noting I label the chunkx as the chunk for the mission whos target im swapping. Chunk19 for miami, and so on. I get the TEMPā€™s directly from the spreadsheet of Hitman 3 NPCā€™s. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am super stuck.

Robert Knox has 2 .TEMPs listed. Did you try both?

Edit: Did some tests.
Theoretically since all of Ingramā€™s files are in chunk0 all you would need to do is extract his .TEMP and rename it to Knoxā€™s .TEMP file, and patch it to chunk0.
Unfortunately, game just crashes when I do this. I even tried patching to chunk19.
Not sure what the issue isā€¦ :thinking:

Edit 2:
Tested again.
Extracted Ingramā€™s
005F91C0CAF4F09B.TEMP
and renamed to Knoxā€™s
004F14C2CEFC6B81.TEMP
and patch to
chunk0
does the trick!

FYI, This does not change the model in the opening cinematic, which I assume is the other .TEMP?
That one crashes my game when I switch it out.

Blood Money Suit replacing Novikov should work the same way.
Extract the Blood Money .TEMP, rename it to Novikovā€™s .TEMP, and patch to chunk0.

1 Like

ah, got it. Thanks, man! I found it weird. I was following basic steps and messing around, trying to teach myself the basics of temp swapping targets, and I somehow managed it. It was like lightning in a bottle since I properly struggled to get it working again lol. Just one final question, how do you know which TEMP to use?
I mean when I was looking at Carl Ingram, there was char_set, actor, hero, profession//
How do you know which is the one used in the mission etc?

EDIT: Extracted Carl Ingramā€™s TEMP, renamed it to Robertā€™s, loaded it as the next sequential chunk0patchx. Nothing
Tried again. Extracted Carlā€™s dependencies, renamed the TEMP to Robertā€™s, loaded it as the next sequential number. No change. Put the chunk0patchx dependencies into chunk0 folder. Loaded it, no change.

Am I doing something wrong?

You should try to patch it to chunk19, not chunk0. I just patch any Depends I need to be able to use anywhere to chunk0 and all Models to the chunk there used in.

The rpkg build on the download page works fine for me even if I change to medium in the launcher. Are you using unchanged 3.40.1 from Epic Games?

Can you make a screenshot?

Did you rename the .TEMP.meta file as well?
If you follow exactly how I did it, it should work.
(Unlessā€¦ it worked because things were still in memory when I tested it? :thinking:)

As far as identifying the outfit TEMP:
_Actor is the NPC
_Hero is 47 wearing the disguise
_Nude is the NPC undressed

Edit: Nope. Retested the whole process and it still works. All it needs is that simple name change and patch to chunk0.

Also another thing, are you extracting the latest version of 005F91C0CAF4F09B.TEMP from chunk0patch1? Just for testing purposes, I found that the one from chunk0 crashes the game, but all you said was ā€œit doesnā€™t workā€ so not sure if youā€™re getting a crash or not, or thereā€™s just no visual change?

If it still doesnā€™t workā€¦
You can also attempt to extract all depends, (Making sure to transfer the files from the chunk0patch2 folder into chunk0patch1, then chunk0patch1 into chunk0, so there are no duplicate files and the only files that get patched are the latest ones.
Rename the .TEMP and TEMP.meta as suggested and patch to chunk19

Seriously, I find all of that redundant since the game SHOULD be able to read all the files it needs to change the character right there from chunk0. :man_shrugging:

Edit2: Another test with only the .TEMP patched to chunk19.
Yup. That works too.

Okay just tested it again, and it works fully, was able to get it working for Silvio Caruso out for Lucas Grey. Thanks again for your help, mate.
Edit: the Silvio out for Lucas was a test to make sure I could do it

I canā€™t get the rpkg tool to work - when i right click a resource or try to extract hash depends the extract menu does not open and the only option is to force close the programā€¦@HMBM47, do you know how to fix this?

I believe this person has the same issue as you?

Perhaps this is the solution you are looking for:
ā€œFound the solution: right click the other window and maximize itā€

So, thatā€™s the other famous Bug I heard about? While the Colour Bug is annoying AF, I do prefer it over this one, I think :sweat_smile:

Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve been in this thread, but holy fuck? Peacock and the Elusive Target Plugin sound absolutely amazing.

I canā€™t wait to see what improvements we will get over the time.

(And that IOI wonā€™t get to pissed)

1 Like

Iā€™m messing around with the RPKG tool and some of the files. Where would the menu assets be located? Stuff like backgrounds and target pictures, Iā€™m not sure which file that would be in.

Thatā€™s GFXI, which you can extract with more readable names using this:

1 Like

@Atampy26 hey, your Readable UI mod seems stopped working after game update, i.e. update needed.
Please

1 Like

Does anyone know whats the name of the TEMP outfit file for subject 47 (shirtless train suit)? I canā€™t find it.

00B3CB2E72C2EEFA.TEMP

This Body is clear HMF.

Thank you, just one question, how do you find the TEMPs of the suits ingame? Do you just look at the name of the outfit?
The name of the subject suit is apparently ā€œagent47_wolverine_heroaā€, how did you know it was the right one?