HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

Thanks for reminding me! SmoothSnake can now be found on the list.

Thereā€™s also miami/cottonmouth and northamerica/gartersnake (skunk is northamerica/skunk), both of which are Atlantide. Thereā€™s mumbai/kingcobra which is Illusions of Grandeur. Embrace of the Serpent is colombia/anaconda.

If you want the main story mission codenames for H1 theyā€™re Peacock, Octopus, Spider, Tiger, Bull and SnowCrane.

1 Like

Help me please. I want to replace audio voices in the game. I was able to Pull the files out of there. And so I think ā€¦ How can I add files there with replacement? You can give some advice on this situation.

1 Like

where can i find packagedefinition for mods version 3.50?
and everytime hitman 3 updated where can i find this file ? :thinking:

The packagedefinition.txt file itself, prepatched, is in the HITMAN3/Runtime folder.
You can either patch that file here:
https://www.notex.app/tools/online/xtea
Or download one that is already patched here:
https://www.notex.app/xtea/prepatched

1 Like

If you use my mod framework, you can use the optional modder tool to convert it into the framework-specific entity.json format. I spent more time than I want to admit on getting this format as easy to mod as possible: it unifies TEMP, TBLU and both meta files into a single JSON file, getting rid of all index references and instead referencing things by name.

To just do a conversion and edit you can use the launcher script: export the TEMP and the corresponding TBLU and copy them into the same folder. Rename them so that both have the same file name. Then drag and drop the TEMP onto the Modder Tool launch script. The framework then creates the entity.json for you.

You can use entity.json files as if they were both TEMP and TBLU files in framework-compatible content packs: just add them to the raw folder of a content pack. This permits you to create mods that do not replace anything, like my poisonous item mod or the changed levels in my unrestricted loadouts mod. The modder tool comes with a readme with pointers on how to register new items, outfits, missions or even locations.

If you just want a TEMP back, create a content pack just for it and update your game with the framework. You can then grab the rpkg and extract as you see fit.

Creating a content pack for this purpose is very easy: create the folder Framework\2 Offline Content\contentpacks\Some name for your content pack\raw and place your entity.json in it.

The modder tool also permits to directly convert back to TEMP, but it generates framework-specific meta.json files instead of normal meta files, so it is of limited use if you donā€™t continue with the framework.

Could you create a tool just for converting TEMP/TBLU/meta to entity.json and back again? Would be helpful for more simple tasks and personal mods.

2 Likes

It is not possible to do a direct conversion as the TBLU needs to get a new resource hash to not crash the game if other TEMPs refer to the same TBLU. Iā€™ll think about it.

Damn, cos I want to add voices to the globaldata.brick list of voices, so they can be used on all maps; but I tried to do it with ResourceTool and whatnot and failed every time, game crashes like you say

The framework has automatic globaldata patching support. I tested it for outfits, but it should work with anything.

I donā€™t think I published anything using that technique, so:
Create your resource as raw\somename.entity.json or raw\somename.TEMP, then add a json file raw\somename.framework.json with the following content:
{ā€œregisterā€: [ā€œglobalā€]}

The rest is done automatically when you update the game with the framework.

Also, to clarify the new hash thing: you can use the same hash if there is no other TEMP using the same TBLU. This is true for globaldata, so your crash reason is likely an inconsistent edit.

You can also still overwrite any TEMP with an entity.json, as the issue I talked about is only about the hashes for TBLUs. So this is not a real limitation.

1 Like

With advice tool that made things 50x easier + missing pieces of the puzzle from Atampy26, I now know how to bring any accent into any map

Hereā€™s my first test on a re-voiced Berlin

Let me know your thoughts

12 Likes

Looks sick! Where did you get those accents? The only one I was able to recognize was the voice of Marcus Stuyvesant.

I think it is from the voices of Dr. Laurent, the GAMA Surgeon, who has a German accent.
I donā€™t know about the Female voice, though.

Sounds really good. I just find Janus Voice a bit distracting, so maybe thatā€™s just me.

2 Likes

Solstice suit mod not working anymore?

would be lovely to have a mod that puts the Black Winter Suit in the game for those who donā€™t have it

Ah yes, ā€œadviceā€. Liking it though

I havenā€™t been here in a while, but; are there tools / possibilities to increase the drawing distance?

Mainly of shadows and props, having bottles, grass and similar pop into existance right before me is quite distracting, especially knowing it was much higher in Hitman 2 and 1. Same goes to shadows, there are some big shadows that just pop into existance right before one, rendering scenes as if there are no shadwos at all at some distances. Often paired with the new ā€œupgradedā€ā€¦ tree models.

3 Likes

I present: The DIRTmoor Garden Show

20 Likes

Now it truly looks like England. Just need less sun.

9 Likes