HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

Did you load in original Dartmoore for this? Or what happend here?

1 Like

This is Sloth Escalation combined with Garden Show apparently

6 Likes

So we can now have Custom Objects with Collison?

Itā€™s imported all data from existing .bricks, this method has been used since the last game

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/813773183965986817/873810353509793862/hitman3-HMBM47_3.50.0.CT
Ansel: Unlock and No Collision
Pause and Unpause
GUI: No interactive Highlight (People) and HideGUI (Includes everything such as the reticle and Inventory)
Note: Unfortunately a few updates ago the code changed for the GUI, so I am unable to replicate hiding the GUI the way I did before.

7 Likes

French people in France? SacrƩ Bleu!

13 Likes

Thank you so much, this works perfectly!

This sounds so right, and yet, so wrong.

Now you need to add sky and lighting from original mission for maximum England effect

3 Likes

I have a question, but itā€™s for Hitman 1 and 2. But I hope itā€™s okay to ask it here :relaxed:

I donā€™t have Hitman 3, so only the first ones. And I have a mod with Lucas Grey (which I love, thanks to whoever made it :heart:). He is wearing his T-Shirt there, but we know from New York that there is also his model with his coat on.

I know that there is a mod for Hitman 3 to get him in his coat, so I was just wondering: is there a possibility to get his model for Hitman 1/2 in his coat, too? I donā€™t mean his Hitman 3 model, I mean the one from New York or the one from the Hitman 2 cutscenes.

The mod framework was updated.

As there is not much need to convert entity.json to TEMP/TBLU within the framework, I decided to alter the modder tool to convert to TEMP/TBLU with binary meta files. The modder tool picks a random hash for the TBLU, which you must use as it is baked into the meta files. You can overwrite the original TEMP, and it will still work.

The modder tool also comes with a new example mod to overwrite resources like in rpkg-based mods to make it easier to get started for personal mods.

4 Likes

Unfortunately the H2 Grey mod that exists is the only Grey outfit that is in the H2 game files.
All cutscenes in H2 are pre-rendered so there is no need for those outfits to be there. H3, on the other hand, moved a majority of them to be in-game, so naturally their models now exist in the H3 game files as well.

2 Likes

Turns out the grass draw distance is no longer linked to the ā€œlevel of detailā€ setting like it was in H2, which can easily be found and modified with a higher number in CheatEngine. This same exact value for H3 does nothing to the grass. Not sure what can be done now?

H2 definitely has a higher range. I have to use Ansel and be a good distance before the pop in happens. I agree that H3 is just bad when it comes to this pop in distance. Again, thereā€™s no menu settings that can change this, so not sure how one would go about modifying this? :thinking:

AFAIK I donā€™t think anyone has delved into the aspects of the actual game scripts that control how the game is rendered. Not even sure they can easily be found and edited? :thinking:

Hereā€™s a cheat table that modifies the values changed by the ā€œLevel of detailā€ menu settings.
Value=5 seems to be the cutoff of where the changes are beneficial. Although, I did encounter issues with the Ambient Occlusion in one area with it set to 5. Experiment with different values. Hopefully, at least some of these tweaks will be satisfactory in alleviating some of your pop in encounters. :wink:

1 Like

What a pity :pleading_face: but thank you for your answer!

Than I will continue walking around with him in his black shirt :hugs: main thing is I have his model :grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Alright, itā€™s finally done: European voices for European NPCs, Asian voices for Asian NPCs, andā€¦ whatever for the NPCs in Dubai :woman_shrugging:

Think Iā€™m finally done with this, other than changing some guards to guard voice packs instead of civilian ones in The Source

26 Likes

Great work :+1: ! Your mod goes directly to my ā€œessential mod listā€ for Hitman 3 :smiley:

4 Likes

This mod and Ultimate Lighting really makes most locations more lively!

One weird thing that I found was that appearantly, chunk0patch40 is corrupt, even though the mod works perfectly fine.

4 Likes

Hmm, what says itā€™s corrupt? Your virus detector?

Nope, when I extract it in WinRAR, it will show an error saying ā€œchecksum error chunk0patch40.rpkg - file corruptā€, but it will still extract it and it works as intended. My only guess is maybe some of the audio files are missing, but I had no problem while playing.

1 Like

May I ask, are those new voicelines, or had they been in the game? I read through the Nexus page, but still are a bit confused on what you did. And Iā€™m really curious how you did that, as itā€™s absolutely fantastic!