HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

I definitely heard Janus and Wazir Kale ingame, so I would say that these voices already existed.

1 Like

I really like the mix of the asian accent of Japanese voicelines

All lines were already in the game

I Copied them to a chunk where they could be accessed from all the maps, added the voices to each mission’s voice list so it could detect them, and then assigned the voices on an outfit (all guards, all shopkeepers, etc) basis and an individual basis

3 Likes

So basically the game now doesnt select from all voices, but a few individual ones that fit the language in said location?

I don’t want to complain about IOIs work with Hitman 3, but it leaves me wonder, if it was an “uncomplicated” solution to a fan requested problem, what made them not do this?

2 Likes

For my first version of the mod which only involved generic civilian voices and not target voices, I’m not sure; for this version of the mod where it uses a lot of target-specific voicepacks, they just decided they wanted to keep them unique much in the same way they’d rather repeat the same face ten times in a map than decide to sneak in The Revolutionary’s head but hatless, without eyepatch and with facial hair (Although they did re-use The Politician’s face for Alexa Carlisle so I dunno what their thinking is)

2 Likes

Oh well, that makes sense! I thought in the trailer you giving Martinez her voice in Paris was the only target related voicelines you used. I didnt notice the others. But yes, then it definitely makes sense for IOI trying to let them be unique.

I can’t personally say there are many unusued lines, but note that recording voicelines is such a huge task that you better let them record many variations so you have them if you need them. And then of course there are voice lines you end up not needing.

1 Like

Oh I know that! I thought that his mod “limits” the available voicelines the game selects in each location to voices only with the fitting accent, removing english accents etc. Tho making it possible to hearing the same voices more often.

The game doesn’t select voices, every NPC is assigned a consistent voicetype by the developers. There is a set of core voicetypes - CIVFEM, CIVMALE, BDYGRD, etc, then there are specific voicetypes for each location like the targets.

KevinRudd simply reassigned the voicetypes for some NPCs and added the required specific voicetypes (like for example Mendola) to the brick that controlled which ones were available.

No, voices are set on an outfit basis (set number of voice slots per profession, 3-4 for most roles), and set on an individual basis. The same amount of slots are being used, if anything I’m opening the maps up to many more voices

That confuses me even more.

IO sets voices manually. The game doesn’t select them automatically.

IO can either:

• Set an outfit to have a voice - “everyone wearing a bodyguard outfit has this voice or this set of voices”
  • Set an NPC to have a voice - “this specific NPC will have this voice”

Each map has certain voices available to it:

• The core voices are the American and British accents you hear in every map, as well as the typical bodyguard voices and similar
  • Maps also have map-specific voices like the targets for that map or regional accents in H2 and H3 maps

H1 maps generally only have targets in their map-specific voices, with IO using core voicetypes for all the other NPCs. This is why there aren’t any regional accents in H1 maps.

KevinRudd has:

• Added some regional accents to the list of available voices
  • Manually replaced certain voices with those regional accents

Therefore, rather than limiting available voices, KevinRudd has opened up the map to more voices (by adding them to the list of available voices). Then, he has sprinkled those new regional voices into the map.

9 Likes

That sounds incredible, and thanks for clearing it up! Now I get it, and it’s an awesome task he did there.

1 Like

This is incredible work. I’m absolutely going to use this mod when Hitman 3 comes to steam.

In theory this mod could work with H2 since most the files are duplicated and self-contained, but I can’t be bothered making the tweaks and verifying the affected H1-2 files are compatible :stuck_out_tongue:

is there a mod that allows you to replace npc models/faces?

You can do it yourself like DrMekar does with the Refaced mods.

I just want to ask…

Is it possible to make the same mod for H2016 and H2 that has been made for H3 with reenabling the elusive targets?
So a mod like below, but for the previous two games…

2 Likes

The thing is, this mod works only offline, so even if it will be ported, you couldn’t complete any achievements with it. That’s why personally I think the sense of doing that is quite small.
HITMAN 3 is current, alive and updatable game, so buying and playing it would be the best decision.
To be honest, personally I don’t see any other reason of having this or any other new mod for old games.

Edit: if happens you need this mod to play all existing Elusive Targets in HITMAN 3, install this mod for HITMAN 3 that enables all ETs from previous seasons for Offline Elusives mod

It is not a problem for me, especially not for the previous two (since ghost mode doesn’t work anymore)

But since I own H3 on console only for now (waiting for steam release), I tought it would be nice to play elusives, but in the previous two games, since there if such a mod is made, there would be no need to update it.
(though, I know it’s kinda pointless to download ~120gb just to play elusives whenever I want)

1 Like