HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

Nah, nothing. Still crashing.
One blank already was there, tried to plus 16, nothing.
Tried exactly 16 - nothing.
Thied plus 21 - still nothing

1 Like

May I ask if anything else crashes for you?

2 Likes

Strange, but seems only contracts working.
Other escalations and even regular missions crashing.
I donā€™t want to take any risk and try Elusive Target, you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very weird. Iā€™ve had no issues with any modifications to mine. Sometimes you have to add blank lines to it since the characters canā€™t be less than a multiple of 8 (Itā€™s how the cipher algorithm works or something).
But seeing that you already tried that, idk.

What modifications are you making to it exactly? Could you send me the file that is causing crashes.

1 Like

I see. I donā€™t know if Contracts work, but Iā€™m modding the Garden Show rn and nothing, but that and Dubai works. (All H2 and H2016 Locations work of course, but no other of the H3 Locations.)

1 Like

Have you tried to add something like //ajhfiqbbfksbfo to the end of the original (unpatched) file? I had an issue where xtea just chopped off the end of whatever I put in, but adding junk to the end fixed it.

I found the problem at last. I forgot that Iā€™m using @musicalmushr00mā€™s lighting mod, and I was using outdated version. But even the updated version is still causing crashes.
Game without this mod works fine.
Waiting for update.

@Notex so yeah, the problem was in this mod. Sorry again for false alarm

1 Like

There is currently no updated version of Lighting Ultimate for game version 3.70.

Itā€™s currently in development still, which has been delayed by a few things, apologies, and I am working around the clock to get a version out as soon as I can. Thanks.

8 Likes

I mean there is 1.3.1 current version of mod available, but I was using even older one :slight_smile:
So I updated to latest available with no profit. Iā€™ll wait for the next update and hope it wonā€™t crash the game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah it just hasnā€™t been updated for 3.70.

2 Likes

And hereā€™s a link to the Anna mod:

5 Likes

Based on the Accent Improvement and H2016 Menu Music mods, would it be possible to swap out H3ā€™s soundtrack and sound effects to ones from an older Hitman game like Hitman: Contracts for example? Or is it possible to import any completely new sound effect into the game at all?

4 Likes

This animation is really cool :star_struck:

16 Likes

Yeah, apart from that head teleportation at the end :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I restored the falling moose easter egg

17 Likes

Yeah, I like that too but the animation speed feels like triple accelerated

1 Like

I think its the same animation from Absolution reveal gameplay , but sped up.

2 Likes

Is there a model of Jin Po in the game files or is it just the image in the Miami briefing?

Yeah, several animations from Hitman Absolution were reused in the Alpha version of Hitman 2016: human shield; point shooting; crowbar kill; kill animations with knife or screwdriver; hiding bodies in cupboards or freezersā€¦

These animations were changed later (quicker and unique animation for a kill with the same tool).

Some of these animations were still present in the game files (human shield, point shooting) in H1, but were later completely removed from H2 game files.

2 Likes

Yeah I know itā€™s an Absolution animation :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I just wanted to make the police baton use it as a test, since the ā€œarchmeshā€ baton is actually using it

5 Likes