HITMAN 3 - September 2021 Patch (3.70)

Just had the game sitting on the title screen (push X to connect) on PS5, not even touching the controller waiting for the servers to come up and the game completely crashed and froze the entire console. :rofl:

Best patch to date. Five stars.

1 Like

Just to clarify, if you connect a controller, then enable shoulder swap, then disconnect the controller and go back to using m&kb - can you shoulder swap?

yeah, you can use your controller to turn it on from the controls menu and then disconnect it and play with m&k

2 Likes

When did they promise ray tracing this patch?

2 Likes

Yeah I also would rather see those bugged NPCs and Boats fixed instead of ray tracing tbh.

8 Likes

Finally! Hope they did actually fix it

5 Likes

Yeah, not exactly a necessity for this series. Bugs and just plain inconsistencies fixed to make things more seamless is a better use of time. Ray tracing might be nice, but itā€™s a superfluous luxury.

4 Likes

I am all for better organization in the menus, and sometimes wonder why it takes so long. Some more suggestions for the future:

1. ā€œReturn to Contractsā€ option after finishing a contract
  2. put the Escalations and Featured Contracts challenges in ascending numerical order from left to right

If IOI did this, other developers would beā€¦ ENVIOUS

6 Likes

Where is the shoulder swap setting supposed to be? Canā€™t find it for the life of me.

The ā€œControlsā€ section has always been greyed out for me.

YES!

A series of Unfortunate Events is fixed.

Finally 100%!!

3 Likes

Is the alert meter sound broken for anyone else after update? This is so badā€¦

That is strange.
I too have nothing mentioning Shoulder Swap in my game.

Controls section becomes (should) active when you plug in the controller

Thatā€™s what I just did and it worked. So basically IOI is telling us PC users they canā€™t have that option if they donā€™t own a controller? Seems really stupid.

Whatā€™s more of a pressing matter for me is the broken sound on the alert meter. The alert meter isnā€™t making any sound when Iā€™m doing something illegal. Feels like Iā€™m playing deaf, jesus.

2 Likes

Seems so, I guess.
Or itā€™s a bug of some sort that should be fixed with a hotfix or something.

I would like to summon @Travis_IOI and @Clemens_IOI to shed some light on this

1 Like

Is it in key bindings?

No, itā€™s under ā€œControlsā€, which you canā€™t access without a controller. Iā€™ve submitted a bug report here.

2 Likes

Ah damn thats a shame hope they fix it soon

It wasnā€™t mentioned in the Patch Notes as being fixed, but I can confirm that Lucas Greyā€™s character model is still bafflingly absent from the opening cutscene if you start at the default Harbour location start for The Ark Society/Isle Of Sgail, and it still looks as bad as ever seeing 47 sitting on a boat with no pilot that motors away from the jetty despite being empty once 47 is dropped off.

My personal crusade to get this fixed continues, because it makes what we all know is a fantastic level in a fantastic game look like it was made by buggy Fallout 76-quality amateurs.

#IOIplsfix

12 Likes

Hereā€™s a video of the alert meter sound bug Iā€™m talking about. Can someone confirm if this is happening with them? Itā€™s driving me crazy! This is an actual bug which actually interferes with your gaming experienceā€¦

@schatenjager bruh

6 Likes

There was an alert sound? Thatā€™s what I get for playing with no speakers or headphonesā€¦

2 Likes