HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins (NEW DLC)

The comic post - largely because it contributed nothing beyond another variant on conversation that belonged in the the other thread, and was essentially just trying to use the forum to throw shit at IO Interactive.

The important distinction is similar.

Someone posting their thoughts then following up with the same essential stance but elaborated or different reasoning, is fine - especially if it contributes to the conversation. (eg a post about not liking deluxe escalations because it feels like jumping through hoops to get content you paid for follow by a post about they also don’t like them because in their gaming circle, many players who would probably come up with the most interesting runs/ideas do not have them so it makes them feel like its poor distribution).

What is not welcome is simply repeating the same simplistic message over and over in variations hoping it will direct the conversation or convince people there is an overwhelming concensus.

“I hate deluxe escalations so I won’t buy this.” “Nobody likes deluxe escalations, don’t buy it…” “Deluxe escalations were a mistake, don’t buy it.” “Deluxe escalations suck, don’t buy it.” “They are objectively bad, don’t buy it.” etc

Much like the posting content that makes people feel unsafe or unwelcome, its a rude and uncivilized way to try to police the conversation without actually contributing.

The forum is for civilized conversation and likes given to a post are in no way an indicator of that, It is also not a democracy.

I would much rather the forum be a place where everyone who loves Hitman can have a civilized conversation than be a place were people who consider the minimal approval of 20 - 50 strangers are allowed to wallow in base behaviour because it’s “concensus”.

If you disagree with that - well the link above will take you to the appropriate thread to dispute anything.

4 Likes