HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins (NEW DLC)

Are you suggesting I am using the fate of toads as troll click bait for my personal gain?

I am deeply concerned that you considered dropping toad support for chippendales just because it looks better in front of girls

1 Like

I had an idea when they got rid of Ghost mode to just take it and make it single player. Instead of competing against a player (that almost always dropped either from bad connection or because you get 2 points ahead of them and they quit) you have a timer and making kills adds more time. Or something like that. I thought it would be a cool arcade mode, as running around the map and trying to figure out quick “how do I kill this guy now” plays was really fun with trying to connect to someone to play with being the only downside. If they said “hey Wrath is ghost mode added back in as a single player to Miami and Colombia” I’de be down. I don’t know that I’d like a color filter like this one, but maybe change the time of day to dusk or something, that would be pretty cool.

2 Likes

You’ve exposed my motives.

1 Like

Great post, and this is right. The value of $30 will depend on a ton of factors for each individual person, and what kind of content they prefer. However is this a good escalation? I believe it is. Does it show more effort than a normal “free” one? I believe it does. Am I looking forward to 6 more? I am. That’s about all anyone can say.

7 Likes

I am noticing a trend here where the people who bought the DLC and are enjoying it can articulate what they like about the escalations.

Where those who chose instead to horde their coins are instead lashing out with generic statements that its not good and encouraging others to also horde coins until offered more.

It makes you think.

14 Likes

Escalation
Conceptually it’s cool for a escalation since it gradually gets bigger as the objectives are completed. My only issue is that this is a good one off escalation and I wouldn’t want anything similar to it or straight up the same.

Since this is a premium DLC all I want is variety while it can be argued that escalations allow more freedom with its objective and allow concepts I have issues with it.

I’d like to have more traditional missions where we can use loadouts. This content is missing so far in HITMAN 3 since a bulk of the post release content so far outside of FC has been is Escalation’s.

While this grievance I’ll save for a more appropriate thread I’ll end this by saying I look forward to what’s to come. I just don’t want the sins content to just be deluxe escalations MK ll.

Unlocks

The cane is a great unlock since it’s effectively two items in one and provides seemingly unlimited coins. While people complain about reskins I feel that gimmick items are the future of unlocks.

5 Likes

I don’t mind it, and I certainly don’t regret my purchase. not like I regret buying the deluxe version. >_> This was fun, it kind of reminded me of The Asmodeus Waltz, except with creepy voices and an orange tint. But me being the tiny lizard brain that I am, didn’t snap to the fact that you can put the coins in the frog to get the thing in the case behind it until the very end. No. I derped off to get a screwdriver and even went so far as to knockout a guy who I knew had a silenced gun in the regular level only to be disappointed that he no longer did. And then proceeded to go back past the case with the silenced goldballer in it and carry on with the final level.

Sometimes I’m so stupid it surprises me. :flushed:

2 Likes

Wow, this DLC is really high-concept!

3 Likes

Played this today. Well… It’s not a totally bad escalation, but I think the Berlin Egg Hunt and, especially, Satu mare are definetly superior. The latter two are almost like bonus missions splitted on three stages (they also have some cool map redesign on those), this one feels more like a regular escalation. It’s not a disaster, but I feel it’s more tedious than fun, especially because it seems you can’t kill further targets before the relate objectives are displayed on screen, or you’ll fail it (despite you can still knock out them earlier, and they still release the coins). I think the third stage is the better though.
That orange-piss filter made my eyes melting, honestly. :nauseated_face:

I can’t say if it’s really worth the prices, but at last the suit is pretty interesting, even if over the top (but after the horrendous flamingo suit I can accept almost anything).

I feel almost guilty for buying the whole pack, but still hope it’s somehow worthy in the future.

2 Likes

Watch them reuse the two piles of gold in the intro, they look a bit like they could be a golden diana’s bust. If each sin adds additional body parts. Lust seems to be last in the list of sins when you check the dlc menu ingame.

1 Like

Well, I bought it because it’s Hitman. This first escalation is a disappointment though, there aren’t enough changes to the map to justify the price. After The Satu Mare Delirium, which was great, this was a real lackluster. At least the objectives changed every time and you could either take out every target or just do the missions fast.
And unskippable cutscenes? Come on.

4 Likes

I have to wonder why IO thought it would be a good idea to launch 7DS alongside the final Deluxe escalation and BEH.

Of the three, Greed was the worst/most lacklustre by far. Maybe it won’t have seemed so bad if it had been released a few weeks later… :confused:

5 Likes

Why do people keep flagging these kinds of posts? I feel like this criticism of IOI is pretty well deserved, when it looks like they’ve been putting out lower quality DLC at the same/higher price.

27 Likes

Because:

1. The forum is for civilized conversation and these posts contribute nothing to the discussion
  2. They are increasingly broken record statements by people who’ve already expressed their stance - often in a manner not very in line with the forum guidelines
  3. There is already a topic for those who want to discuss the economics of Hitman games like adults so people in this topic can have an actual civilized conversation about the DLC

Clearly polite requests are being effective so now we are escalating to flags, prevent accounts from posting and likely suspensions.

It’s how the forum remains a civilized place for civilized conversation.

1 Like

But who decides a post contributes nothing to the discussion ?

6 Likes

These people, how are all chosen for having outstanding judgement on such matters.

1 Like

Totally on board with following the guidelines. Just have a couple of clarifying questions.

Was the post removed for being uncivilized? Or because it was deemed to contribute nothing to the discussion?

Is it against forum guidelines to repeat similar ideas across multiple posts (aside from spamming, which is clearly unacceptable)?

8 Likes

So you removed comments that clearly was receiving consensus judging from the “hearts” given, just because for you they weren’t adding anything to the discussion?
Ok it seems very fair to me

12 Likes

The comic post - largely because it contributed nothing beyond another variant on conversation that belonged in the the other thread, and was essentially just trying to use the forum to throw shit at IO Interactive.

The important distinction is similar.

Someone posting their thoughts then following up with the same essential stance but elaborated or different reasoning, is fine - especially if it contributes to the conversation. (eg a post about not liking deluxe escalations because it feels like jumping through hoops to get content you paid for follow by a post about they also don’t like them because in their gaming circle, many players who would probably come up with the most interesting runs/ideas do not have them so it makes them feel like its poor distribution).

What is not welcome is simply repeating the same simplistic message over and over in variations hoping it will direct the conversation or convince people there is an overwhelming concensus.

“I hate deluxe escalations so I won’t buy this.” “Nobody likes deluxe escalations, don’t buy it…” “Deluxe escalations were a mistake, don’t buy it.” “Deluxe escalations suck, don’t buy it.” “They are objectively bad, don’t buy it.” etc

Much like the posting content that makes people feel unsafe or unwelcome, its a rude and uncivilized way to try to police the conversation without actually contributing.

The forum is for civilized conversation and likes given to a post are in no way an indicator of that, It is also not a democracy.

I would much rather the forum be a place where everyone who loves Hitman can have a civilized conversation than be a place were people who consider the minimal approval of 20 - 50 strangers are allowed to wallow in base behaviour because it’s “concensus”.

If you disagree with that - well the link above will take you to the appropriate thread to dispute anything.

4 Likes