HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins (NEW DLC)

Also I want to point out there are some examples out there where even large “consensus” among people did result in… not civil things.

15 Likes

I thought this escalation was only 1 part of the season of greed.
Pretty sure in the patch notes they mentioned doing some kind of roadmap next week.

Hoping that will include more content.

1 Like

I believe the rest will be accessible for all players so this will be the only premium content till next the Sin comes.

Well, here’s hoping were both wrong about that

More going by the initial IO News on this

“– Each content pack includes a new contract and sin-themed unlockable items
– The first sin is Greed and is the first content pack, Act 1: Greed , will be released on 30 March 2021”

Plus the Epic Store Page
“Each of the seven content packs introduces a new contract, unique suit and sin-themed item that can be used across the World of Assassination.”

So there will be other content. Good, I’m happy. But, please, not only escalations

2 Likes

IOI seems to have indicated that the escalation, suit, cane, and coin are the only paid content in the Season of Greed portion of the road map. Everything else released in the next 4-6 weeks will be available to all players for free. We do not know what the other six sins will contain yet. The consensus seems to be that all 6 will be escalations but that is not known yet. It has been inferred from the price (all seven seasons are priced equivalently) that none of the sins will contain content beyond escalations and unlocked items.

In IOI’s press release, they say that each season will contain a “visually distinct contract” and later they say that Greed is focused on an “escalation”. Their choice of wording could mean that other sins may include something else than an escalation but it is unlikely to be a full-blown bonus mission and will definately not be a new map, based solely on the cost. All sins are likely to be fairly equivalent in terms of content.

That said, we won’t know for sure until we hear more from IOI. Any guesses we may have as to what the other six will contain are only guesses based on what we know right now.

13 Likes

I’ve got a question for players who have played the ‘Greed’ pack: do you feel that, overall, the escalation is repayable in different ways? Or is the kill criteria for each target very linear and precise?

I ask because I, like most of us, have been playing the new Berlin escalations recently and, whilst I appreciate that they are very well designed, suitably challenging, and rework the map well, they make me realise that it is the freedom to choose what equipment I bring to a mission, and thus the freedom of approach, that fundamentally offers replayability for me. :slight_smile:

Is the escalation replayable in different ways? Not really, but also sort of. You can choose to exit the mission at any point after the first kill in each level. You can choose to use the coins to get the ideal weapon to fulfill the kill requirements or you can search the level and find a different tool/weapon and keep the coins. Aside from those choices, it is pretty linearly structured. The only way to get all of the challenges is to keep all of the coins across all three levels.

2 Likes

I’m excited to see what awaits this month. While the Greed contract wasn’t too complex, the reward of the cane and it’s gimmick of giving coing when you hit someone with it is pretty fun. Eager for what Wrath will bring to the table… :bear:

3 Likes

I’m eager to get to the next sin already and see what they do with Pride (it’s listed next in the Seven Sins video, and I assume it’s no coincidence they’d plan to have Pride be used during the month of June as a marketing gimmick).

I’m guessing that piece of content might have to do with Disguises in a way? I can’t think of what Hitman mechanic could revolve around Pride/self-worth.

(Though, maybe the next sin isn’t Pride. I know Hitman and IOI love dark comedy, but I wouldn’t want them to get into hot water by advertising their new “Pride – A Deadly Sin” DLC during Pride Month (all about recognizing and lifting up the LGBTQ+ as not sinful people. It would look kinda bad taken out of context?)

4 Likes

Expect Pride to be the deadliest and revolve around 47’s excessive belief in his own abilities.

2 Likes

Make it so you can’t trust/rely on instinct vision or dots above enforcers. Players grow full of pride and think themselves above the enforcers as they learn the level layouts and placements. Time to take that away

12 Likes

Exactly.

• Changes to the disguise system.

• Changes to the instinct system.

Two vital things that are part of 47’s proverbial toolbox. It would make sense for IO to implement a concept where 47’s skills ultimately fail him and aren’t trust worthy so the player needs to improvise.

@TheChicken It’s best to assume that it’s coincidental. While the opportunity on a marketing standpoint is there making a paid for DLC revolving around Pride Day is a potential “scummy tactic” since it can be viewed that IO is profiting at the expense of a group of people.

Don’t get me wrong if IO was to ever do something I’d hope for it to be a free piece of content that unlocks a suit or a duck.

I’d rock 47 wearing a rainbow tie/suit.

4 Likes

So pride is “a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one’s own achievements”.

Here is my guess for the PRIDE escalation:

1. In Santa Fortuna, you can be the Shaman to perform the cleansing ritual.
  2. As the shaman, you are revered by the locals who are awestruck by you and follow you around the town.
  3. IOI thus has this mechanic where NPCs are awestruck and follow you around.
  4. Every time you make a kill, there is an audience of grim reaper NPCs, that gather around you to CLAP and “provide you with the PRIDE in your achievement” with every target kill.
  5. However to keep your silent assassin rating, the grim reaper NPCs can’t observe you making each kill.
  6. Every time you make a target kill, there is an additional grim reaper NPC following you, clapping in the audience surrounding you giving you increasing PRIDE with each achievement.
  7. You can’t kill the grim reaper NPCs. You have to figure out a way of distracting / getting rid of the grim reaper NPCs.
  8. With every target kill there are increasing numbers of these grim reaper NPCs following you around, and you have to figure out how to distract / get rid of.
  9. Just like the coins and GREED sin, you gain in PRIDE with every NPC kill, your accumulated sin of PRIDE, is an increasing burden for you in having more grim reaper NPCs following you.
2 Likes

It’s a good idea, which is why IO has already done it in The Merle Revelation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’d imagine the next (and most if not all of the sin contracts) will be on a H3 map too. Maybe Dartmoor as it’s next chronologically, but the deluxe escalations jumped all about so I sort of expect the sins too as well

2 Likes

I’d say the DLC’s will be rooted into the H3 Locations given IO won’t make a player pay for a access pass just to play a DLC you bought.

4 Likes

Right.
It would be a neat coincidence, is all, if Pride is indeed the next piece of content and that ‘season’ lasts another month-and-a-half. Still, I’d hope no one takes it the wrong way.

2 Likes

IOI involved the mechanic of NPCs following you around in The Merle Revelation – BUT NOT the “Pride Escalation Mechanic (P.E.M.)” TM = My Trademark, where there is increasing Pride (increasing number of grim reaper NPCs that follow you around) with every kill.

An additional mechanic is that you are given an allotment of “Holy Hand Grenades (H.H.G.) (another TM but from Monty Python)”

The holy hand grenades temporarily stun the grim reaper NPCs so you can get away.