HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins (NEW DLC)

I’m pretty sure the Pride contract would be about professional pride. Demonic voices doubting 47’s skills, or even some other assassin (Kazem, Black, Montgomery, Kashmirian…) trying to steal his title of the World’s Best Assassin.

1 Like

I don’t know if my pride can handle any idea better than mine.

I’m pretty sure that I don’t have a clue what the Pride mechanic will be, or which map it will be in, or when it will be posted.

I’m looking forward to a mechanic where every NPC looks like “Helmut Kruger” and you have to find the right one, like as in “Where’s Waldo → Where’s Helmut?”

Yes. Preorder now! $24.99 Deluxe Escalation Pack MKIII :wink:

1 Like

I can’t see the paid escalation having anything to do with pride month because it’s part of the sins dlc pack and that would send the wrong message, lol. but if pride is the next season, starting on may 10th, then that leaves a short window in june for them to release something. dont think that will happen though

1 Like

Well from the Release Material and how it’s ordered Pride is slated next. What I posted above was purely hypothetical.

1 Like

Definitely enjoyed playing around with this cane, just went around Chongqing and bought myself 60 sodas. (50 from the cane, brought other coins and there’s a few scattered around)
It’s hilarious when you start doing a drop item spam and form a pile of either coins or cans.
I’m guessing you could manipulate a.i. routes by just running and pressing drop item at intervals all across the map.

2 Likes

It’s actually replayable but in a single manner: you finish the mission and there’s a more challenging way to finish it again (and unlock a challenge at it)

2 Likes

Absolutely. That’s also why I’m hoping 1 or 2 sins are not escalations, since there are only 5 real maps or 6 if being generous. They’ll probably just use a couple maps for two escalations though.

Not long after H3 launched and they began talking about DLC, they said that they were looking at using locations from across the trilogy for it. Unless there is more unannounced DLC coming, 7DS won’t be restricted to just the H3 locations.

2 Likes

I place my bet, Berlin will have at least 2 sins

There is zero chance 7DS will use Hitman 1 or 2 maps in my opinion. It’s a Hitman 3 DLC package, sold for Hitman 3, and many people will not have Hitman 1 or 2. As weird as it sounds to us to only own the third, it will happen, and IOI have to develop around it.

That doesn’t mean they won’t do other stuff with Hitman 1 and 2 maps later, and they probably are counting stuff like legacy elusive targets anyway. People read too much into their statements.

3 Likes

I can see your point but as all the H1/H2 location data is already in the game, for non-owners they could grant them access to the 7DS content but lockout the other content/challenges for the location.

It’s not really reading too much into their statements when this is the exact wording Forest Swartout Large used:

We’re more looking at using existing locations and reimagining them, twisting them. And this time around, we can use the whole trilogy. We can look back at Hitman 2016 maps, Hitman 2 maps - we have all the locations.

7 Likes

Well, i feel like the posters on chongqing about the fashion show ‘love in fashion’ by ‘macroix’ (near the train station) will be a lust ‘bonus mission’. The karaoke booth even plays paris fashion runway music.

1 Like

I’ve always said this. Some people just assume we’re only getting Escalations throughout this whole DLC but I don’t believe there’s anything stating all the DLC is going to be Escalations.

3 Likes

it’s a fair assumption to make because if you want people to buy into your expensive DLC bundle upfront then you would usually start with the best you have to offer

3 Likes

Also people seem to have an inherent problem with it being an escalation when that’s not really the issue with it. Escalation is umbrella term/format the content comes under

Personally I think escalations are the best way they could package the sins content

Explanation

The sins content is coming roughly once a month. So that’s clearly too short of a timeframe to make full proper bonus missions. Therefore it’s reasonable to say most all of the sins content is going to be medium size content. When you break it down Hitman doesn’t have that many forms of content. In order of size I’d probably say

• Main Missions (Very large pieces of content)
  • Bonus Missions (Large-ish content)
  • Special Assignments (Medium content)
  • Escalations (Medium/Small content)
  • Elusive Targets (Medium/Small content)
  • Contracts (Small content)

So for a month’s worth of work we could probably get a Special Assignment or an Escalation sized piece of content.

Special Assignments went over terribly, so go-figure they didn’t do that. Also, Escalations have always been a bit more surreal in terms of plot/objectives, which works better with trying to fit them to sins content. You aren’t as constraint by logic as a full mission (not to say missions can’t be surreal but historically IO has left them as more ‘realistic’ content)

So for scale and content I think Escalations are best. And something being an escalation has no bearing on its value/quality, it’s merely a format. For a prime example of the level of quality escalations can reach look no further than Satu Mare, a great piece of content that couldn’t really be anything but an escalation

Do I think The Greed Enumeration was good? Absolutely not, but that’s not because it was an escalation

11 Likes

Mainly because IO choose to name them differently :man_shrugging: they drew the distinction. But people also re-enforce that distinction because they view special assignments as lesser than,
by their perceived lack of changes and new content. Special Assignments were like a mix of ETs and Bonus Missions, somewhere inbetween

2 Likes

Personally, I think it’s because the maps in Bonus Missions are far more tweaked and altered compared to their original counterparts.
If you look at AHBOS, Landslide (small festival) or The Icon (filming set), the maps are greatly changed. Even AHBOS sees the action set in night, which changes the atmophere.

As @Contractor said, for Special Assignments, the maps are less tweaked. The change to the weather isn’t as much as for the Bonus Missions. They look like more at ET missions than Bonus Missions.
I think that’s the main reason why we separate Bonus Missions from Special Assignments.

3 Likes

I always just assumed that sometime between H1 and H2 they somewhat arbitrarily changed the name from Bonus Missions to Special Assignments to differentiate the two games and their respective extra missions.

Generally speaking:

The only real change that an ET makes from the normal map is the introduction of the actual target NPC and maybe a few extra guards and dialog. Pretty much all of the content of the original map is still there minus an NPC or two. The ETs typically still have the original targets for the map (although not 100% of the time). The Censor still had Nolan Cassidy wandering around, still had all the guards, and really only added the censor character and his dialog pieces.

Special assignments make use of the same map as the original mission (same time of day, same layout, etc.). They add extra NPCs like and ET but possible more of them. They still contain the original targets from that map. Like the ETs, they are primarily just adding a new target NPC and their entourage but may change up some of the other NPCs in the map. Bitter Pill changes out the empty house for one that is occupied but the map is otherwise the same.

Bonus Missions make substantial changes to the map (time of day, layout, blocking off sections, etc.). and also change NPCs. Apart from wholesale new maps, they are the most extensively changed from the original source maps.

Escalations may change the maps, may add NPCs, or may just use the same exact maps and NPCs as the original mission. Satu Mare eliminates most of the NPCs off the Berlin map and changes routes. Egg Hunt blocks off the entire interior of the club and adds the egg elements. The escalation set in Dartmoor doesn’t really change anything about the map itself. There is far more freedom in an Escalation to do things that they wouldn’t do in the other types of extra content missions.

It’s what they do with them that really says whether they are good or not. As escalation like Satu Mare is great content and worth the play time. Escalations like that Kotti Paradigm are just throwing complications at the player for no real reason. Can both be fun? Sure. Is one probably a better play experience than the other, I’d say so. They’re both escalations though. Escalations aren’t inherently bad content, depending on how they play and how they’re used.

5 Likes