HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins (NEW DLC)

I take great exception to this slander.

5 Likes

Yes, thanks for joining the “rightful depiction of toads lobby”.

I can’t believe that IOI would do this.

Don’t they know that there is a world wide decline and near extinction of amphibians?

This is cruel and shameful.

2 Likes

I think Kenneth Grahame nailed toads as rich, greedy, venal, egotistical bastards about 100 years ago, didn’t he?

How about chipmunks? Are they fair game?

That’s the face of greed right there!

1 Like

I imagine the issue is that they already had the toad asset lying around and to make something new would have required actual thought and effort.

I am looking forward to Sloth, as that seems to be IOI’s speciality, where H3 bonus content is concerned.

EDIT: tied for first place with Greed.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phVQZrb2AdA

OK I bring up the serious issue of how toads are depicted in video games, and of course, this leads to Squirrel bashing and then we hear from Happy_Squirrel that he/she matters too.

Every thread starts out well, and then it veers off course and gets a bit too nuts.

2 Likes

Ah, it’s always the same, make one comment and people go hopping mad.

1 Like

… one man’s conquest to stand up against the rampant exploitation of toads by GREEDY video game companies, and everyone just goes a bit too squirrely.

1 Like

Alright, I can see you’re not green when it comes to making puns.

No one needs to get hurt here. Waddaya say, I’ll back down on the frog puns and you back down on the squirrel puns?

asdsadasd

BTW, it ain’t easy being green.

Maybe there also should be a chipmunk lobby too.

First we were innocently depicted as Chip and Dale in an animated cartoon, and then we became associated with naked men parading on a stage in front of a screaming crowd (mostly drunk women) in Las Vegas.

OK I am considering changing my protestation from toads to serving on behalf of the maltreatment of chipmunks.

In the end I fall in temptation and bought the dlc, hoping that in the next parts there won’t be only escalations. Please, make a bonus level on the remade Dubai. For example kill a sheik and steal his gold

With only 6 levels… 5 open maps… I do think there’s a chance 1 or 2 of them are not escalations. Not a great chance maybe, but a chance.

Anyway I know I come off like IOI Defender Man on this subject but reading all the posts I really think it comes down to how much you like escalations. If you enjoy escalations a good bit, especially the more recent ones that offer more map changes and interesting setups, then you will probably be happy with 7 of these. If you really just like actual missions and want bonus missions or nothing then obviously this isn’t for you and you’ll see it as a ripoff.

Let’s all hope for a Patient Zero 2 someday so we can all be happy.

3 Likes

I consider escalations only a way to have an unlock. I never replay them. So, I am not a lover of that kind of content. Often, when they are too difficult, I even don’t care about SA. The important is to win

The big wise frog declares: “do not buy this dlc unless the other sin packs show more promise and content rather than a lacklustre escalation with a stupid filter”

28 Likes

I think that this (and the Satu Mare one) are actually good examples of what escalations can be. A lot of the earlier ones from 2016 and H2 were basically “do this same thing over and over with a slight tweak” missions. Killing a guy and then having to do it again but without changing outfits (and then again without being seen) tended to cause a lot of issue with players because it was too repetitive. Most players around here seem to only do Silent Assassin (and Suit-only where possible) play throughs so to add a complication of not changing a suit or not being seen was just forcing them to do the same thing twice cause that’s how they did it the first time anway.

This escalation provided variety in that no two targets were repeated, the conditions actually did escalate so each was slightly harder than the last, and it provided choices that the player had to make. I was able to take out the pistol targets with the non-silent pistol but I could have gotten the goldballer instead and made it easier. Having the challenges tied to it were a bonus that provided at least some reward. It wasn’t an unlock, but with the amount of complaining about reskins, what is there to really unlock at this point anyway?

The cane that produces coins is actually a unique object. It’s not just a reskin of the other cane (in that it has an actual effect that the other one does not). The coin and suit I could live without but honestly, does 47 really need more than 1 outfit anyway, really? Some people (not me - i hate suits) seem to think he should only ever wear that black suit with the red tie anyway. Many purists play only with the fiber wire (again - hate it) and a coin and never seem to use most of the other items.

I liked this escalation. I’m not saying that it is or isn’t worth the cost - that’s a different discussion, but as content, it was a good escalation to play. I’ll look forward to the next one.

6 Likes

Went to PS Store and bought the 29,95€ pass for all the content. Game updated & patched, enter Hitman, select Greed and it directs me to Store-tab. Click the Seven Deadly Sins Collection and “The item you’re looking for is unavailable. It might not be for sale yet, or it might no longer be for sale.” Go to Destinations > Dubai tab, Greed is showing “Get access”. Select that and the exact same message pops up.

PS Store show “Buy” button active, but when selecting that (again) it says “You already own this item”. What’s up? How to resolve this?

Edit: Restarting the PS and Hitman the “Buy” button is no longer active in PS Store, but the game behaves the same either way. Selecting Act I on the game’s Store-tab and clicking on 4,95€ gives “Unidentified error”.

I hear and obey, big wise frog. My wallet shall remain closed.

1 Like

Depiction of a frog as professional financial consultants ?

I don’t think it is fair to group frogs in the same habitat as hedge fund managers that breed within the NY stock exchange.

Frogs breed in water and produce tadpoles.

Just like every twitter armchair activist you fight for the flavor of the month cause to stay trending huh.

Toads have no hope if you do not deeply and truly care for their fate.