HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins (NEW DLC)

new act every 6 weeks or so.

Itā€™s a weird feeling, but this will be the first time that Iā€™ll skip out on Hitman content and wait for a sale. I waited until Act 1: Greedā€™s release, so I could properly evaluate the content. After watching some videos, the price-for-content ratio just isnā€™t there for me.

Iā€™ve always supported IOI throughout their endeavors, so you canā€™t claim Iā€™m being stingy. I pre-ordered Hitman (2016): The Full Experience (remember when they called it that?). I bought the GOTY Upgrade day one and defended Patient Zero saying that it was worth the money. I pre-ordered Hitman 2: Gold Edition and pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition of Hitman 3. Out of all of these, the Deluxe Edition of H3 is the only one I felt a little iffy about, but I wanted to support IOI with their first independent release.

Now with the Seven Sins Collections, itā€™s the first time that I truly feel the value isnā€™t there. This is my personal opinion, so itā€™s most likely different for those reading this post. But with the multitude of bugs still affecting my experience and getting locked out of some unlocks (Semtex MK III & Sieger Briefcase), Iā€™m kind of burnout on Hitman 3 anyway.

With the Xbox Spring Sale starting in a couple of days, Iā€™d rather just save the $30 and purchase another whole game.

36 Likes

It is currently planned to be released on May 10th as per the FAQ at the bottom of the blogpost.

1 Like

JFC. So it leaves you time to lament over your hard earned $30.

I hate to trash something like this but I think itā€™s absurd.

Then again, Iā€™m playing DOOM Eternal : The Ancient Gods DLC which was included in the Collectors and Deluxe edition (year one pass.)

Even Bethesda wasnā€™t even this greedy.

11 Likes

The problem is, we wonā€™t get any new locations/missions if IOI think they can make money churning out five minute escalations, or placating the hardcore fanbase with glitzy reskins.

Why do you think Rockstar nixxed plans for GTA5 single player expansions? Twas because Johnny Gamer was happy dropping hundreds of real world dollars on shark cards and cosmetic bullshit, which is comparable to whatā€™s happening now with Hitman.

EDIT: although I honestly believe their is no chance of meaningful DLC in this instance and IOI are just milking the money goat for those last, sweet drops of goodwill cash.

11 Likes

tbh I think it was a situation where we either got this or nothing at all.

Iā€™m guessing that in a similar situation to H2 where most of the team moved to H3 at some point, and a small group were left to create the remaining live content - most of the team have been moved to Project 007 or the other unannounced new IP. There probably isnā€™t enough people still working on H3 to make a ā€œproperā€ DLC possible.

13 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s gotta be the reason, well explained. I just couldnā€™t grasp why they canā€™t just make a bonus mission H2016 style but this fits perfectly

2 Likes

Sadly, I have reached the ā€˜Iā€™d rather have nothingā€™ stage. I actually deleted the H2 ā€˜Special Assignmentsā€™ from my PS4 memory because they were so bad. If only I could delete my own memories of IOIā€™s half-baked DLC so easily. :cry:

4 Likes

Same for me. Bought H1, instantly loved it, bought the Requiem Pack just to honor iOā€™s work,bought the GotY extra Content, preordered H2 gold. Then when they said that there will be no PC version of H3 for one more year I rebought H1 GotY and H2 gold on Stadia and preordered H3, even the deluxe edition although I did not think it was a fair price. Still, love to io!

But this? No. This feels more like a troll. Depressing.

11 Likes

I was hoping to be proved wrong, and this would actually be worthwhile content, but unfortunately, having watched people play through yesterday, it looks to me like a cheap cash-grab as first anticipated.

And this is the first one, where you would expect some kind of punchy statement to be made on the quality of the next six instalments (to reassure those who bought in blind, and to lure in other potential purchasers). Iā€™ll keep an eye for the next one of course, but yikes to this so far (and the direction itā€™s taken H3 in).

6 Likes

It is Wednesday my dudes

22 Likes

Started playing it for a little while winding down after an exam, doing some study, etc and I am honestly super impressed with it.

Escalations are unique, the new assets look amazing and the cinematics/effects give the whole level a really interesting feel that is unique to to series so far. Havenā€™t had a chance to do that much in it but so far it feels very creative, very polished and very unique. The quirky structuring to the escalation also means its probably one that Iā€™m going to reset a few times at least.

And I mean, I rarely play escalations unless thereā€™s a special prize in it for me.

Reminder if you guys want to talk the industry:

1. Youā€™re expected to do it in a manner that fits the forum, ie contribute to the conversation rather than just make generic statements as though youā€™re an authority
  2. The thread to do it in is here.
8 Likes

15 posts were split from this topic due to containing zero value to anyone including the posters.

So I just played it (I bought the entire packā€¦) and have to say this is exactly what I expected, 3 stage escalation with very MINOR changes & mediocre, contract like challenges. I spent around 12 - 15 minutes in each stage, and thatā€™s with me walking instead of running (trying to milk the 30$ it lol) If you know your way around the map & trying to be fast then you can finish the entire thing in probably 7-10 minutes. The voice changes are cringy and also the color change added nothing to the atmosphere and the rest is basically the same map, which was expected.

I honestly enjoyed the Berlin deluxe escalation more than this. The atmosphere was different and eerie, as opposed to Greed escalation which felt like a contract you find randomly.

Again this is expected, I knew it wasnā€™t going to worth the 30$ and it wasnā€™t (isnā€™t). I expect the rest of the sins to follow this format, though I hope I am wrong.

5 Likes

I like most of this escalation, it provides a nice challenge, and offers more replayability than most other escalations.

But the yellow borders around the screen (that crowd over your entire screen when you kill) really donā€™t do it for me. It feels like looking through a window thatā€™s been fogged over and where you only wiped the central part clean.

1 Like

Iā€™m doing the same maybe Iā€™ll buy this pack when will be around 14,99. And when we can judge all the other content.

6 Likes

I canā€™t see myself buying this at full price. I mean I respect the hustle but when one is conditioned to get these escalations as a free update and then finding out you have escalations locked out as DLC where previous DLC has been more substantial then it looks bad.

4 Likes

I enjoyed GREED. Super playful and fun.

What I object to is the depiction of the toad.

How many morbidly obese amphibians have you met?

Have you ever met one with a deep foreboding voice talking in correct English grammar, demanding that they are fed coins?

Toads are little creatures that hang out a lot on lily pads snap out their tongues to catch flies, and " croak or ribbit ". They do their thing and donā€™t bother anyone, except flies.

Is it appropriate that toads represent ā€œGREEDā€?

It is worry some. ( I posted this under GREED thread)

9 Likes

I mean, itā€™s supposed to be tied with the ā€œtraditionalā€ depictions of sins, but yeah, I fail to see how frogs are greedy, except that theyā€™re vaguely round-shaped.

Squirrels, squirrels are greedy. They raid each other for nuts and hoard them and stuff. But a squirrel doesnā€™t quite conjure up images of Danteā€™s inferno, though. :thinking:

2 Likes

I met one in Oriā€™s Blind Forest. A brave, wise and kind creature, but quite heavy-set I must admit.

1 Like