HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins (NEW DLC)

Probably the volume of repeated haranguing about the premium DLC, voiced in the sensitivity, enthusiasm and criticism voiced on this forum does end up affecting the development of this DLC package.

Game developers envy a rabid fan base (although they probably find most of it annoying). It is a problem that most would love to have.

It is apathy when no one cares what you produce, that is the bigger problem.

A DLC with a premium price tag on it would I call it. :wink:

3 Likes

ā€¦ 7 installments of whatever it is, could be many hours of entertainment:

• at the relative cost to other pieces of entertainment:

• movie downloads or watching a movie and popcorn in a theatre?

• at the cost of a one to few rides at an amusement park?

• monthly cost of magazine / newspaper / Netflix subscription?

• attending a gallery / show?

depends on what one thinks befits the term ā€œpremiumā€.

Yeah i really hope that not all of them is escalation too. I mean at least 1-2 of them should be level with challenges.But rest of can be escalations its okay.

If so, many of us here must eat our words, but for now we only know whatā€™s laying on the table and that is:

The focus of Act 1: Greed is a new Escalation called The Greed Enumeration , which allows you to carry certain items over between each of the three stages. Feeling greedy? Prove it!

ā€œAs well as the new Escalation, Act 1: Greed will also includes the unlockable Rapacious Suit and two sin-themed items; the Greedy Little Coin and The Devilā€™s Cane .ā€

And for this they want me to pay 50,- NOK each or 43,- (each) NOK if I pay up front for all 7ā€¦ this is far from premium DLC content.

4 Likes

ā€¦ I am just glad that IOI hasnā€™t given up on Hitman after completion of the trilogy.

I am one who would gladly pay for more Hitman content.

It is ā€œpremiumā€ for me if I have fun with it, escaping in the Hitman world for awhile, whatever it turns out to be. I have faith in IOI that it will be fun.

4 Likes

Me too, (even though it dosenā€™t sound like it right now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) but it needs to a content that have a reasonable price compared to what the content is offering.
I think IO-I have been listening to the people who said they would gladly pay for re-playable Elusive Targets, but instead they have now started to take payments from Escalations instead of making a proper bonus missions with mastery levels and challenges (that would be a some what premium DLC in my opinion) but charging the same price for it.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know what the proposed premium DLC content is although I really enjoyed the new Escalations provided so far in Hitman III. It is obvious that IOI spent more time on the current Escalations in Hitman III than in previous iterations of Hitman. Would I pay for a bunch of escalation missions on existing maps? Yes. It sounds like there is an interesting story narrative too, which would be interesting.

Would I feel gipped out of paying for escalation missions alone. Not me, I would pay for any new Hitman content, regardless of what it was, but others feel differently, I know. Guess I am a sucker.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad youā€™ve finally got there, thatā€™s all that needed to be said. More power to you if youā€™d be happy with a bunch of Escalations (if thatā€™s what this turns out to be, though as we all agree, weā€™ll have to wait and see), but there was no need to try and convince the people who feel differently that theyā€™re wrong.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think that any opinion are wrong, and people have a right to complain and a right not to buy a product because they arenā€™t getting what they believe is value for money.

My only issue is not someoneā€™s opinion on what is value for money, but dumping on the game developer as if they are out to exploit their consumers. That is my only issue.

This is true we can only see. What we can do is use the information we have which is the total price point and compare it to other content they value at a similar price. So it needs to be nearly as good as:

• Two brand new, fully developed maps
  • New escalations and unlocks to go with the new maps
  • Two new sniper maps
  • Four special assignments
  • New cosmetic stuff (suits, reskins, etc)
Courtesy of @Pootis.exe

We also know that you can purchase these separately at Ā£4.29 each. Which means they are likely to be the same bit sized chunks since they are valued the same. They could totally throw a curve ball and have one amazing pack out of the 7. Sounds good? The scheme takes care of that since theyā€™ve likely adjust the content amount to cater since thatā€™s undisclosed. So basically someone else paid a portion for your content.

But it does mean there is a clear disconnect in what the seller and what the buyer deems value. How we are establishing the value is by IOā€™s price points over the course of 5 years. What CoD, GTA, Ghost Recon are all doing are dumping on the actual game to drive the MTX because they are so much margin, itā€™s worth it. IMO despite if sucessful or not, thatā€™s all wrong.

Oh nah, itā€™s just that I had been speaking about it quite recently so I had the maths at hand.

Itā€™s basically someone paying on your behalf. The concept of ā€œfreeā€ for all (excuse the pun), is that it benefits the masses who fall into the bigger category of casuals. Those people donā€™t care for collecting everything and are happy to get the pieces of content they specifically care about. But the overall pricing of the content has gone up 120x versus the Season Pass era. Just S1 and S2 comes to about $1540 alone - insane for a AAA game you pay for. And then thereā€™s all the systems in place but I digress.

Totally, Iā€™d be glad to talk about this more.

Hey no itā€™s fine, we are all human we get heated sometimes itā€™s all good, sorry if I frustrated you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Still a huge risk for this to come back and bite us in the a#* isnā€™t it, if it does Iā€™m on vacation to Island, inside the new volcanic erruption up there and hopefull no internet so ā€œunfortunatelyā€ I canā€™t log in here and see it backfires on us all. :rofl:

(This is the vulcan Iā€™m talking about:)

1 Like

This dlc is looks cool -and kinda pissed, that itā€™s not part of the deluxe edition, but oh well - but Iā€™m not holding my breath over it; especially because the wording implies, that these dlcs will be only available to their dedicated months. If thatā€™s what they mean, then thatā€™s a no from me.

3 Likes

Iā€™m tired of being nickel-and-dimed by this company. The Deluxe Edition was completely overpriced to me, they fiddled with the pricing before launch (and I never saw my refund of a few bucks), the art book was a joke one of the interns put together in an afternoon, and they didnā€™t even take the time to give us lossless files in the soundtracks.

Theyā€™ll need to really impress with this in order for me to buy it. Iā€™ve been loyal to IO. But my loyalty has a limit when I donā€™t feel the same respect returned to me as a consumer and a fan.

16 Likes

In my wildest dreams they might even add some of the altered maps to contracts mode. A far fetched dream perhaps :upside_down_face:

16 Likes

That would be pretty cool and now youā€™ve mentioned it, yeah it does kind of make sense :wink:

2 Likes

Imagine the pimp suit we could get for Lust.

Agreed. Iā€™m just hoping the Patient Zero maps get added as options, or even at the least the ICA Yacht levelā€¦ I canā€™t see why some of those maps werenā€™t released for it.

3 Likes

I have made a new thread for discussing the theoretical economics of DLC packs and video game studios, by pruning out a over 200 posts from this one.

I strongly encourage anyone who wants to talk about the price and the buying of DLC in macro terms to post there (obviously your opinion on if you think youā€™re going to buy it etc can still stay in this thread).

12 Likes

What I most love about Hitman is the social-stealth aspect.

In escalations youā€™re basically a ghost finishing objectives unseen and distracting with noises.

In missions you actually get to control people and trigger scritps and major events through social actions. The disguises here are not just a ā€œget invisibleā€ trick like in escalations, but something that gives you power to sabotage a race car in plain sight, snap a neck as a masseur and so on.

Escalations are a fun side mode to explore the huge gameplay capabilites of Hitman, but itā€™s lacking the best aspect and soul of the game IMO
Thatā€™s why I also hope for at least 1 or 2 of this type of mission among the 7 themes.

*wrong reply target, btw

17 Likes