HITMAN 3 - Steam Release

Hitman 3 is coming to Steam!!!

7 Likes

No way!

(Joke. Iā€™ll get it despite I have it on Epic)

3 Likes

FINALLY

Day one Iā€™ll be there

1 Like

Unless thereā€™s a really compelling reason, I still see no reason to buy it on Steam if I already have it on Epicā€¦ All the same functionality right? Not missing out on anything if I only have it on one or the other?

4 Likes

Hoping Steam autodetects my H1 and H2 entitlements when I grab the Free Starter Pack. And that theyā€™re not as punishing as their ā€œYou can only transfer onceā€ stuff was this time last year.

Then hopefully we can restore private Ghost Mode

2 Likes

H3 or if you feel like buying the trilogy at once. Nice!

1 Like

With Steam you can easily customize your controls, family share the game, let your friends give it a try by streaming to them and you can play the game on Linux, so you do get a quite the fair bit of functionality. If you mean purely in game functions, a Steam release also allows for a mod that restores Ghost Mode.

1 Like

Well, I donā€™t think the default controls need changing, donā€™t have anyone in my family thatā€™s interested, donā€™t have any friends (seriously), donā€™t have Linux, and wouldnā€™t play Ghost Mode so none of those would be of interest to me, at least.

plus weā€™ll be including the Trinity Pack (the HITMAN 3 pre-order bonus) for free with all editions of HITMAN 3 for the first 30 days

It looks like Steam players will have the Trinity pack for free for a limited time.

• 3 unique suits
  • 3 unique ballers
  • 3 unique briefcases

trinity-pack

4 Likes

Just waiting for the Steam page to go up so we can see pricing and everything.

5 Likes

If iI understood good what clemens sayed in the video, there will be no steam page before January 20th. And if it will be the case it means that could not be a preload.

Hoping they release more details soon, such as if we can bring our Hitman 3 progress on Epic to Hitman 3 Steam

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t get your hopes up lel

3 Likes

Ohā€¦ oh noā€¦

I hope that they learned from last year :grimacing:

7 Likes

For all you left-handed people, I hope the VR offers a setup that fits for you.

Sounds like theyā€™re using a right-handed throwing method. (Aim/Target with your left hand, throw with your right).

For example, you use two hands to throw items; aim with your left and ā€˜fling and releaseā€™ with your right.

@Travis_IOI @Clemens_IOI
any chance thereā€™ll be different control setups for differently dominant people in VR?

1 Like

Iā€™m not expecting them to allow us to get the contents for ā€œfreeā€ (though they absolutely should) but I expect the bare minimum of letting us bring our progression/items with us lol

2 Likes

This was the only thing that I needed from the entire announcement. I have been waiting a whole year for this game to finally arrive on steam!

Itā€™s possible the game will just consider all PC progress the same, so if you played Epic and then buy it on Steam, when you log into your IO account then your progress might be there.

Isnā€™t the Contracts ID for Epic the same one thatā€™s been used for Steam for the first two games? (ie. it starts with ā€œ1-ā€)

1 Like

It does use the same contract ID, but doesnā€™t Stadia and Switch use it too? They donā€™t share progress.

This is PC, but who knows if it would consider the two marketplaces different versions.

I am so going to buy it on steam. Yes, I have it on Epic, but Iā€™m sitting on that Hitman 2 Savegame for a year now, give me back my sweet, sweet items!

1 Like