HITMAN 3 - Steam Release

Please please please let us transfer our Epic progress to Steam…. :pray:

1 Like

Im glad that steam is coming next thursday for all players who have been waiting for a year enjoy it steam players

Once HITMAN 3 arrives on Steam, it will almost certainly be possible to carry over HITMAN 1/2 progess on Steam into HITMAN 3 (although this is yet to be officially confirmed).

Whether you will be able to transfer Epic progress into HITMAN 3 on Steam is less clear. Are you talking about moving your progess in an Epic version of H3? Because that would be a H3 → H3 transfer, for which we have no precedent and may never be possible.

Furthermore, did you previously transfer HITMAN 1/2 progress from Steam into HITMAN 3 on Epic? Last year, it was made clear that the transfer process is a one-time opportunity. If you have already transferred your progress once, IOI can point to their earlier warning that this cannot be repeated.

1 Like

I really want to have the trilogy all in Steam but don’t want to start from scratch all over again. It would feel like being punished because I couldn’t wait 1 year to play H3 on Steam where I already had H1 and H2. I feel like it’s a fair ask for us to be able to transfer progress from H3 Epic to H3 Steam for being a loyal customer and buying all of their games and DLC already across 2 different pc game stores because they wanted to get paid extra by Epic for the exclusive.

3 Likes

I agree. If it were up to me, of course you should be able to do this. But the reality is going to be more complicated, and IOI did already communicate that this would not be possible. I would certainly support you in asking for this policy to be changed.

3 Likes

I absolutely LOVE that they’ve brought the Trinity Pack over to Steam, for the first 30 days at least.

As someone who 100%-ed HITMAN and HITMAN 2 on Steam and earned all of the ‘missable’ unlockables (e.g. Aluminium Travel Briefcase, Outstanding ET Performance Coin, Lil’ Flashy etc) but who didn’t get HITMAN 3 in January 2021 on Epic, it’s great to know that I won’t be locked out of any H3 unlockables when I buy the game on Steam next week.

Thanks IOI for making this available - I’ve got my Trinity Pack Blackballer on Stadia, and now I won’t be missing out on it in Steam: wahoo!

1 Like

I think they technically said it was a one-time transfer for H2 Steam to H3 Epic. :thinking:

I’m asking for an H3 Epic to H3 Steam transfer.

6 Likes

A loophole perhaps. Will have to wait and see :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Any contract made on another store/platform that uses 1- will list the creator and players as Anonymous. I suspect that will happen here, unless Epic and Steam have agreed to share their player names with each other. Should hopefully still be able to at least play them tho

Personally I don’t care about progress much, only entitlements lel so I don’t need to rebuy everything. Could be nice to force myself to play through it all again from nothing.

1 Like

Same for me. Will stick with my Epic version for now. Could imagine getting H3 on Steam during a decent sale in future, allowing a fresh start.

But I also hope we eventually get an offline patch which includes the ability to create multiple fresh profiles/save files.

I don’t see the need? Unless you have an unsupported controller, this isn’t helpful to Hitman specifically.

Not with default Proton you can’t. You need A LOT of workarounds as of right now to get it running. Also, you can just use Lutris and Heroic Games Launcher. This isn’t steam specific in the slightest.

This only applies to Hitman 2 because all the code is still in that game; Hitman 3 has a lot of the same code, but it’s missing a few things relating to P2P connections. Far as I can tell, this isn’t a steam specific thing, it’s just that there wasn’t much interest trying to get it to work on H3.

I would. I don’t see why not tbh. It worked one way, It should work the other way.

It’s very helpful actually, because it’s more than just making a controller compatible, it’s the customization that comes with it. Like me being able to use my Dual shock 4 Gyro and Touchpad to adjust my aim…

The mention of all the external tools i could use is honestly irrelevant, as the appeal is that i no longer have to download 30 different applications that can stop being supported at any time and I can enable all that with just one or two clicks.
I remember the times I had to have three different tools to use my Dualshock on games because each one would break in different games. Or when I paid 5$ for a program with pre-made gamepad profiles so I could play Hitman Blood Money with a PS2 style configuration, only for this tool to be all kinds of broken because it’s mostly running on Windows XP era code.

As for Proton compability, i think it should be obvious that with the game coming to Steam and with the Steam Deck being around the corner, it’s very likely you’ll see many improvements in the upcoming weeks.

As for Ghost Mode, I’m fairly sure modders have looked into it and the code is very much still there. It hasn’t been done on Epic because Epic doesn’t offer regular users the same P2P tools Steam does.p

It’s precisely relevant. I spent a lot of this year trying to get the game running, and without much success until recently. Lutris and Heroic don’t appear to be going anywhere, so i’m not sure where this logic of “it’ll stop being supported” comes from; because it won’t be. There’s too much community effort behind those projects that neither are going anywhere anytime soon. Not everything uses Steam, for one reason or another, so it’s always good to have an alternate system. Proton, until it fixes fullscreen issues for the game, will not work on Steam with “one or two clicks” as you’re suggesting. And it’s not 30 different applications either; it’s a custom wine build (which is why you need Lutris to download said build more easily), and Heroic (to run the game). It’s not easy for someone used to Proton, that much is true, but you’re making it sound far more complex than it actually is to run the game.

That’s true for Wine development in general; VKD3D saw a lot of DX12 games being able to run over the course of 2021 as the tool matured, and Hitman 3 can run now, but only on the latest builds of Wine and VKD3D with workarounds and pretending we’re an Nvidia GPU. So this idea of “It’ll be made to run in the next few weeks” is false, because it’s already happening within Wine anyway. Wine, DXVK and VKD3D have a lot of contributors, so there’s a lot of hands and eyes on getting games running.

As I said earlier, most of the code is in there; the exception being the networking brick. This has nothing to do with Epic not supporting P2P AFAIK, people just haven’t really looked into it more than a few times to see if it was possible.

Oh man, I am just ITCHING for this. Haven’t played the WoA for a couple of weeks despite also having H1-H3 on Stadia (even though I’ve recently picked up the 7DS there, and haven’t yet done Envy or Wrath), because I’m just so stoked to do my first trilogy run-through on PC, playing at 4k with all the settings cranked up.

The second that store page goes up on Steam, I’ll be absolutely throwing money at H3. My Aluminium Travel Briefcase back, and a sweet-ass new Trinity Pack Blackballer to go with it. Why isn’t it Thursday already?!

3 Likes

Im with you there scat1620 i wish it was thursday now and i can finally play hitman 3 year 2 haven’t play it over the week but overall enjoy the trinity pack dude

1 Like

speaking of the trinity pack if someone bought hitman 3 already will you still get the trinity pack for the january 20th

Existing owners of HITMAN 3 will not get the Trinity Pack.
The only way to get it would be by purchasing a HITMAN 3 edition between Jan 20-Feb 20.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-year-2-reveal/

plus we’ll be including the Trinity Pack (the HITMAN 3 pre-order bonus) for free with all editions of HITMAN 3 for the first 30 days.

2 Likes

oh rip but thank you anyway

Not surprised, since it seems like it’s just bundled with the new Steam release. (Which I’m sure plenty of people are gonna buy anyway to get off of EGS)

Anyone who does stick with EGS though will probably only have to pay 3-5$ for the trinity pack anyway, since it seems like they’re finally releasing it as a separate DLC, just with a special 1-month free bundling.

1 Like