HITMAN 3 - Steam Release

i don’t blame developers for putting their games on epic. the 18% cut is more attractive, and the exclusivity deals with epic means even more funding for your studio. but IOI should have handled the steam release better. their servers are crap

back in the old days, if you bought a game the day it comes out, it works out of the box. nowadays, we have to wait for day 1 patches and stuff like that. it’s so stupid.

maybe the reason IOI servers are overloaded is because everyone is trying to download their HITMAN 2 maps at the same time, who knows.

the problem has always been IOI’s servers. it’s been a problem since 2016 and they never made a long-term solution for it. they shut down absolution’s servers for contracts mode, and they shut down the ghost mode servers only one year after H2 came out.

the only hope for the trilogy’s longevity is peacock

10 Likes

I get that, but expecting me to pay full price for not fully working one year old product in the first few hours of launch is maybe a bit much

9 Likes

Not to mention the game is still not working for a lot ofpeople that are doing H2 to H3 carryover. There’s a 20k queue right now (seems to be a unique queue across platforms)
edit: lol the queue seems to be for everyone and not just carryover people. great.

1 Like

it says you save 33 grand so looks good from PR perspective :grinning:

Actually it’s a disaster, i thought they’ll clean their DLC mess but they made it worse

What kind of queue? I played H1 and H2 on day 1 and don’t remember any kind of queues. Queue in a single player game, yup sound about right.

1 Like

What the hell happend this time?! Just came back to my PC, ready to play some Hitman 3 with the new update - and totally missed how the world is being set on fire.

The price tho, ouch, considering that they will probably charge us for the Rocky map too.

3 Likes

and if you click retry you get pushed back to the end of the queue lol

10 Likes

Damn, can’t imagine the frustration. Many people probably wanted to spend this evening playing the game but instead they got price rise instead of a discount at first and than this.

2 Likes

Waiting in line to play a single player game, that is rich. :rofl:

12 Likes

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Hitman Absolution this year, we’re being kicked in the teeth again.

12 Likes

It seems like the queue is for starter pack users, as I’m not getting it on my paid Steam copy at the moment :thinking:

1 Like

Pricing and other disappointments aside, I have to tell the truth that after a year in the wilderness on Stadia, it feels good to be back home with HITMAN 3 on PC as it’s meant to look. The settings on PC just make the game look so much better than the Stadia version, which feels like someone smeared Vaseline over the screen in comparison.

That, and I have my beloved missing H2 unlocks back, plus a return to Ansel mode so that I can show how they pimpin’ for the first time in H3 for me… :smiley:

17 Likes

Yup.

(20 characters….)

On a different tack, the Steam H2 >> Steam H3 progress carry-over worked very well for me and I’m happy with how smooth it went. The first time I loaded HITMAN 3 all of my previous H2 Steam Achievements started popping and that was nice to see.

Was kinda surprised to see that the Achievements for getting an SA ranking and for scoring over 1,000,000 points in the three Sniper Assassin maps haven’t carried over, so I’m going to have to remember which order to take out the guards and targets in for Himmelstein, Hantu Port and Siberia in order to get those Achievements in H3. THANK THE SWEET BABY JESUS that the Achievements for completing all challenges in Siberia has saved though: I would not have fancied doing that Kill Everyone In The Prison In An Accident challenge again!

3 Likes

Looks the launch has been a complete bomba. Didn’t even manage to reach the same peak of players that were playing HITMAN 2 on Steam today.

I was planning to buy the trilogy on pc because i was really interested on vr and mods, specially peacock and its exclusive stuff, but man this prices are ridiculous. Getting the trilogy with the dlcs for H1 and H2 costs half a minimum wage from my country, that is insane!!

1 Like

Wow, who would’ve figured EGS H3 is handled infinitely better than Steam H3.

It’s like they took the good moves they did on EGS – Removing S1 GOTY as a separate choice and putting it all into just an “H1 Access Pass”, Having entire games as entire games not individual DLC that you can see but not buy, having a “Free Starter Pack” not a “Demo” that makes you wait in a queue indefinitely to log in with no updated counter to let you know where you are-- and they went “Nah, let’s fuck it up”

Praise Allah I’m not actually someone trying to buy on Steam or had been waiting for Steam. I’m assuming I won’t be able to log in 'til a week from now, hope they sort their shit out by then.

I’m still confused why they have it named in Steam as a “Demo” instead of going the Free Starter Pack route like on every other platform and H2. It’s like they’re trying to annoy us slightly into buying H3 rather than using it as a free launcher to play H1 and 2

11 Likes

Does the demo give access to my Hitman 2 content? I waited a year for this and I reckon I can wait another two before I buy HM3 on sale, but I wouldn’t mind being able to play the older maps (and make contracts :slight_smile:) while I wait for that.

1 Like

I want to say yes, but if you get the demo then you’re forced to wait in a queue that doesn’t go down and only goes up. So I don’t know if anyone can actually confirm

If there are any demo users here, please speak up!

…queue? For a single player game…?

I’m not challenging your veracity, I’m just utterly baffled. What queue? How is there a queue? Why? For what?

3 Likes