HITMAN 3 - Steam Release

I know about as much as you :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve run out of :heart: for today, but damn what a disaster.

What exactly is the demo on Steam? A rebrand of the Starter Pack on Epic? Or is it different?

1 Like

Itā€™s the FSP but under a different name and appIDā€¦ I think. Definitely counts as separate in Steam.

So the guys trying to bring back ghost modeā€¦ you canā€™t invite someone from Demo to regular H3 launcher

Would love a confirmation from a single person who actually made it to the Demo tho :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems to be just a rebrand of the Starter Pack, however with that ridiculous queue in place where Iā€™m not even sure if itā€™s letting you in at all. Iā€™ve been sitting here for over 2 and a half hours - the number hasnā€™t gone down by even a single digit, I have no idea what place in the queue I am, and worst of all: if you hit the ā€œRETRYā€ button (which is very easy to assume youā€™d have to do that, if you donā€™t know whatā€™s happening) apparently youā€™ll be thrown back to the very end of the lineā€¦ INCREASING your current position by a couple hundred or so.

If you decide to continue in offline mode, youā€™ll be greeted with a main menu that lets you do exactly two things: pull up the Steam store (which oddly enough links to the store page of Hitman 2 at the moment), or quit the game. Thatā€™s it.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand why IOI did this. In fact, H2 on steam is a good practice. IOIā€™s unique and complex approach led to his failure. If the original transfer from steam to EGS was to promote the interoperability of the whole platform, why not EGS to steamā€¦

The demo of H3 is similar to the demo of H1. You cannot use any DLC in the demo, but the queue is increased.

Iā€™ve noticed that the Hitman subreddit has gone private all of a sudden even though it was fine a few hours ago. I really hope people on there werenā€™t being assholes and harassing devs or some shit. Iā€™m sick of hearing about that kind of thing from Reddit.

I know a vast majority of people here wouldnā€™t do anything of the sort, but please donā€™t go harassing anyone or making death threats over this; developers or otherwise. I know whatā€™s happended is frustrating, but please just have a bit of maturity and self-control. It happens way too often nowadays.

EDIT: The banner on the subreddit has been updated to say "Temporarily closed due to horrible behaviour of some users. Will be back soon."

Iā€™m apalled. Why are gamers always so eager to be assholes? At the end of the day, itā€™s just a video game. Grow the hell up.

23 Likes

If the IOI does not come forward to solve this problem, H3 will be a disaster. I canā€™t bear to see 47 such destruction. IOI fabricated 47 more than 20 years ago, but it was destroyed by them 20 years laterā€¦ I hope IOI can handle this problem calmly and correctly like 47.

No DLCā€¦ aka no H1 or H2 Access Pass???

Yup.

Screenshot 2022-01-20 215355

I feel really really bad for the devs today.
Itā€™s frustrating that thereā€™s so many issues with regional pricing, bundle confusion, dumb entitlement, among a whole bunch of other stuff today, but they donā€™t deserve hate nor harassment for it. Idk what went down in there, but I did see the place start to turn into a hate-swamp about 90 mins ago.

Anyway, Iā€™m very surprised there isnā€™t a single ā€œGet Everythingā€ bundle. Yeah, it would probably be expensive AF, but itā€™s straightforward at least, and it would have a sale every now and then I bet.

Right now thereā€™s the Standard, Deluxe, Trilogy (that should maybe be a bit discounted if you have previous Access Passes), H3 DLC Bundle and a Hitman 2 Gold bundle. ā€“ 60$ pricing at ā€œlaunchā€ is expected even if itā€™s ā€œa year oldā€, though releasing at the same time as an Epic 50%off sale isnā€™t very good.
Iā€™d bet that one reason why there isnā€™t a simple ā€œget everything bundleā€ is legal hurdles between WB and SquareEnix. They still ā€œownā€ the content in those, technically, so I guess it needs their go-ahead to be sold alongside IOI DLC items? The division of profit in that would probably be more trouble than its worth. :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

Where is the demo of H3 on steam?I canā€™t find it.
oh I find itā€¦

But you just told us it was the same vein as H1 Demo and didnā€™t allow DLC. How could you know this if you canā€™t even find it on the right hand side of the store page :sweat_smile:

I can see from the queue and your screenshots. Sorryā€¦

Iā€™ll be sad to miss out on a second year of the Hitman community, I really enjoyed making horrible contracts for Hitman 2 and making people look at them :sweat_smile:

I hope they resolve a bunch of these issues but the whole pricing and packaging nonsense is a bit too on-the-nose for me right now. Hitman 2 was 85% off a year after release. But when it came out it offered me the chance to carry over my Hitman 1 maps without buying Hitman 2 and I donā€™t think that option exists for Hitman 3 right now. I donā€™t want to buy Hitman 3 at its current price point but I do want to activate my HM1+2 maps in its engine and install it and play those maps again, maybe make some more contracts for people to enjoy studiously ignore.

I like this series a lot and I am trying not to be disappointed but it is hard.

3 Likes

When one of us actually gets through to the ā€œDemoā€ weā€™ll let you know. The queue has gone down from 60.2k to 52.8k in the past 4 hours, with all of that drop happening in the last 80 mins, hopefully people in other countries are giving up and going to bed.

May not be today, but Iā€™m sure weā€™ll have the answers early next week, and Iā€™m sure you wonā€™t be waiting a second year lel

1 Like

Damn. Thatā€™s nuts! I was checking the subreddit throughout the day during distraction time at work, seeing some negative posts but nothing uniquely egregious, and positive posts tooā€¦ the atmosphere must have really taken a turn in the last few hours. Thatā€™s a real shame. People suck. They must be having quite the day over there in Denmark.

2 Likes

Reviews are looking much better now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is actually sad to see, but hopefully they learn something from this. Although my expectations are absolutely nil.

Update on the subreddit lock -

Temporarily closed due to horrible behaviour from certain users, including hacking and deleting of a moderatorā€™s account. Will be back soon.

Thatā€™s insane.

12 Likes

About hitmanstat.us :

Due to a server side bug, the status of the PC service (Steam/Epic) cannot be tracked accurately as well as for elusive targets tracking feature on all platforms. This particular issue has been made known to the IOIā€™s dev team and is being investigated (I reported the issue yesterday to the dev team).

2 Likes