HITMAN 3 - Steam Release

I’m guessing they don’t want people who only own the starter pack to leave user reviews like in H2

And also the other issue I’ve seen is that every H2 achievement shows up as only completed by 2-10% players as it also counts starter pack players.

I mean, that’s true for other platforms as well so i don’t think it’s a particularly good excuse.

If they do this just to make more money, they are an unforgivable bastard(hope not).

And the price increase of IOI is useless. Even though they raised the price of various passes in H3, they did not raise the price of H1H2. Players can still buy H1H2 for less money instead of buying H3 pass and then carry it over to H3. I once had such an experience: during the steam promotion, H2 season pass only cost a little money. I bought it and then carried it forward to EGS, skipping the purchase of H3 pass. Now this method can still be applied to steam, unless they also raise the price of H1H2 (if they do, the game will collapse completely).

1 Like

I don’t know if that’s possible anymore.

Another game that did this recently was the Sam and Max Remastered games.
The first Remaster game came out in December 2020 and you could get a discount on that version if you owned the original.
But when the second Remastered version was announced a year later, the company said Steam no longer supported that feature. Luckily they offered a compromise that still worked, where you could get a bonus discount on the sequel remaster by owning the first one in a bundle!

You might be wondering if we’ll offer a legacy discount to owners of the original Sam & Max Season Two, like we did for Season One owners last year. Unfortunately Steam no longer supports this type of discount. We’re just as bummed about it as you are. :frowning:

Instead, we’ve figured out a way to give a launch discount to people who already bought the Sam & Max Save the World remaster on Steam. We hope this will cover a lot of the people who would have benefitted from a Season Two legacy discount

1 Like

Yeah but while true you might know this, many buyers don’t. They buy a game on the store page without doing research before. So iO’s choice is less of a mistake and more a trap. Everyone they fool gives them more money for the same product

2 Likes

Sometimes the smallest details makes all the difference

ezgif.com-gif-maker

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ll add anything important to the topic, or anyone interested, but I need to get this off of my chest:

Last year I was lucky enough to buy H3 for PS4, for 80 euros. Later on, for my 30th anniversay I got 7DS which makes me to have everything of WoA… well, almost: I’m still missing a coin(It still doesn’t show up in my inventory, but it does in H2), missed two other from H2016 and I don’t have the Trinity pack.
I put no mind to it, thinking? I’ll buy H3 for steam, because of mods and ansel.
Well… I find it rather interesting that now, that same game costs 90 euros, 10 bucks more than at its release. Also it does not incmudes everything released so far. What kind of bs is this?
What makes me even more worried, if they had the balls to pull this, I’m willing to bet, that Freelancer mode and the new map is going to be put behind a hefty price.
I’m baffled and honestly greatly disappointed in IO.

I’m still going to play the hell out of H3, tho…

1 Like

I had the epic version of the game that i got sometime in 2021 for cheap, but i didnt do the carryover thing until i purchase the game on steam, and now i wouldnt give me the option to also carryover progression (even tho i saw the option before i did the steam thing).

This makes me think that the 2nd carryover only applies from h2 steam to h3 steam even tho you already did it on epic and not the other way around.

1 Like

I wonder if the old publishers still have a say in the price of the old games. Would be funny if IO’s price structure is being undermined by Square Enix or WB :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For those who think the lack of Free Starter Pack wasn’t intentional, have a look at the Steam Store page
lel

Only question now is if they backtrack. And if they do whether they say it’s a change of heart or try to claim it’s a mistake and they were clueless

11 Likes

H2 free starter pack and epic’s H3 free starter pack gave yoy access to missions from previous seasons if you already own it

if IOI locking that content out in steam’s H3 starter pack is intentional, then that’s dumb

5 Likes

I was actually granted the H1/H2 Access Passes today and I haven’t bought the full game.

Though there is still a problem. The suits and items appear in my inventory, but I can’t play the maps. However, the maps will occasionally become un-greyed out, before quickly greying out again. I did notice that if I was in offline mode, they stayed un-grayed out, so I’m thinking there’s some server problems.

Hmm, even that’s a good start, perhaps they’re actually changing something?

No such luck for me sadly (launched demo just now). Did you do anything other than just launch the demo and go to the menu?

I don’t think it was a mistake. After all, IOI has perfectly implemented the free starter pack in H2. This scheme is essentially to make the game itself free, that’s all, just adding a little extra detail. I don’t think it’s hard. I think it’s what IOI did on purpose. They want us to buy games.

1 Like

Did you do the H2-Steam to H3-Steam Progress transfer?

1 Like

We can only hope that they can put the real free starter pack on the shelves when the pre order reward cannot be obtained. This is their last period.

This is an essential difference.
Screenshot_20220126_104250_com.huawei.browser_edit_9632007835507

I did not, I wanted a clean slate on Hitman 3.

The only thing I did outside of waiting for IOI to fix it was send them a ticket on ZenDesk telling them the maps aren’t playable in the demo. I don’t think my Steam account was attached to that ticket though, so I don’t think they could have singled me out just from that.

2 Likes

Just fix ‘I find this amoosing’ challenge (dartmoor) bug.
Did you guys not fix this bug to sell at the same price on steam even after a one-year exclusive on the epic store?