HITMAN 3 - Technical Support

Progression is stored server side from what we know, being able to wipe it is certainly not something you can do by “just” erasing a file on your system, the problem must be somewhere else

1 Like

I’m not Travis but from all the discussions here, the fact that “both issues” are mentioned tells me they are working on both fetching errors (profile and configuration)

Ah! So, essentially, the fix relies on your being able to get online once you have done it?

Well, that’s rather reassuring, thank you! :slight_smile: Looks like I’ll just be playing with restricted loadout for a while! :joy:

Yeah, that is the thing with user-suggested fixes. They can come with more edges and corners than IO statements. :joy:

1 Like

I think the “two issues” is referring to additional issue that may be unrelated but affecting PS5 users. It would be good to have confirmation that the configuration issue is also being looked into so as when a fix is released it isnt just for failing to connect.

Platform: [PS4] Disc Standard H3

Description : Transferred progress from hitman 2. In each of 3 Sniper Assassin mission I had 10-11 mastery levels. So my rifle was enhanced with half of upgrades. In Hitman 3 I see in the menu that all rewards for Sniper Rifles are carried over. But seems to be in game they are not activated. I still have only 5 body piercing round in each Sniper Level, but I’m sure as hell there were 6 or 7 bullets after getting Magazine upgrade. Same for wall-bullets an so on.

Steps to reproduce: Import progress with mastery level around 10-11.

Frequency : Everytime I start the missions. And increasing rifle level in H3 it didn’t help.

The thing is that there are only 2 fecthing errors being reported, “failed to fetch profile” and “failed to fetch configuration”. Both having the same result (can’t connect). That’s why when they say “both fecthing issues are getting a fix” I understand profile and configuration. Not saying it’s 100% certain, but we can assume it is most likely to be both (I’d say 99,99% certain if you’re into stats ^^).

Maybe people that are in contact with the team can confirm?

1 Like

Platform: Xbox One/Disc Version

Description : Cannot play any contract made by other players or myself in Mendoza. I click on a contract and the error message shown below appears. Retrying produces the same result. I then am forced into offline mode and need to reconnect to the servers from the main menu. The other Hitman 3 maps load and work exactly as intended, and the Hitman 1 and 2 loadout menus can be accessed normally from what I can tell. You can create contracts there, but not play them.

Steps to reproduce: Create/find a contract in Mendoza. Try to enter briefing/loadout menu of contract after it’s created.

Frequency: It happens every time.

Edit: I must also specify that this issue is isolated to Contracts Mode. I can play the campaign mission in Mendoza.

I’m not in contact with anyone, but I am a programmer and I feel like the two issues are really the same problem manifesting in two ways. When I have tried to do the various fixes that other users have suggested, the profile fetching problem may go away and be replaced by the configuration fetching problem after an hour or two. If I try it again later, it reverts back to the profile fetching issue. I think they’re the same root cause with two different symptoms and fixing that root cause (which IOI says they are working on and apparently close to rolling out) will resolve both profile and configuration fetching issues.

2 Likes

I feel the same.

Also I haven’t any problem since I play without the game performing any saves (auto nor manual), despite being constatly exposed to config and profile fetching errors since saturday noon.

EDIT: we have an incoming 75min server maintenance, we will have an answer soon then ^^

Platform: PC - Digital

Description : I have an issue on the Chongqing map where I am unable to finish the mission do the the error unable to load the requested menu.

Steps to reproduce: No matter what I do once I reach the end of the story mission I get this error and I cant complete the level.

Frequency : Constant

Here is a link to the video on twitter https://twitter.com/JFS2705/status/1353048515656769540

Description : Can’t connect, no access to Hitman 2 destinations

Steps to reproduce: Be me, start up Hitman 3

Frequency : Haven’t had access to H2 destinations since buying/transferring, no access to servers since yesterday.

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1353713253382316032
This is the twitter link for the upcoming maintenance. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Yes i have the Hitman 1 GOTY Edeition thx

7 Likes

I uninstalled the hitman 3: hitman 2 access pack standard for Xbox one i tried to re download it but it said I have to pay 90$ I kept calling Xbox support but they said the only way I could get the help I need is to contact the developers themselves I called the number and I told me to come here so please I have been trying for two days to get it back and I can’t pay the 90$ for content I already own I also did not get the requiem pack with my carry over
@Travis_IOI and @ioi_lukasz i saw from other posts that you guys might be able to help

Platform: PC

Description: When transferring data from Steam only Hitman 1 came over, My Hitman 2 data for challenges and mastery transferred but my ability to play hitman 2 is gone from Epic. Hitman 1 missions still working.

Steps to reproduce: When logging into the game you can view the story by which game. When selecting hitman 2 it all states that I need to purchase for access.

Frequency: This has remained unchanged since the game released.

Attach: I can take a screenshot of it if need be, but I don’t know that this is required here.

1 Like

OMG I’m going through the same problem and Xbox support can’t help me at all it’s been like this for two days now but in my case I accidentally uninstalled the hitman 2 access pack and now it wants me to pay the 90$ to get it back I also did not get the requiem pack with my carryover

Platform: EPIC

Description : Missing items from carryover. I had those items when I play Hitman 2 Gold on Steam. Now I dont have any single one of them in Hitman 3 while others have it.

• Executive Pack
  • Requiem Pack (i know its AWOL)
  • Collector’s Pack
  • Smart Casual Pack

Frequency : Always

1 Like

The packs you listed are all parts of HITMAN 2 Gold Access Pass. You will have to wait until Epic and IOI figure out a solution for H2 owners to claim the pass for free and access those contents.

1 Like