HITMAN 3 - Technical Support

Platform: PC (Epic)

Description: The game won’t launch, I just get the error message “Epic validation failed.: 1017-0” (see screenshot below)

Steps to reproduce: Happens every time I launch the game

Frequency: Always happens, started sometime after 17:00 GMT on 12th Dec 2022

Screenshot 2022-12-12 235604

2 Likes

Platform: PC (Epic)

Description: The game won’t launch, I just get the error message “Epic validation failed: 1017-0”

Steps to reproduce: Happens every time I launch the game

Frequency: Always happens.

I tried troubleshooting by validating the game and it still does not work. It might be a recent problem.

1 Like

Platform: PS4, digital?

Description : Game works with features from update 1.13, toggles, etc. Yet the system redownloads the update constantly. game update version says 1.10, but am playing with features from 1.13. if i quit the game it wont restart until I redownload the whoke 27GB.
Have already redownloaded update twice and system repeats process. Please advise. Thanks.

1 Like

Platform: Xbox Series X - digitial download

Description:

My launched game is telling me I haven’t purchased any Hitman content when I have actually purchased all of the Hitman content from 1, 2, and 3. I did a hard reset my Xbox and it still shows that I can’t access anything. My screen says thay my account (Firesprung5) is online, and in the Career Statistics it shows all my accurate stats as before, it just says I need to “get access” for all of the content.

Frequency : This is the first time I have ever had any issues with launching the game or having access to my purchased content.

1 Like

I had that same issue yesterday and the only way to fix it is to just wait. Turn off your console or play some other game for a couple of hours or so and then launch Hitman 3, everything should be fine.

2 Likes

Same issue here - what is solution here @IOI

Platform: XBOXOneX

1 Like

Update from my side: issue happens when playing with digital licenses. (e.g. Gamepass or digital license)

I just put in the physical Hitman3 disc into the console: everything works like expected

1 Like

When I booted it up today, it now works. I guess it was just a hiccup.

1 Like

EDIT: My apologies, nevermind it just took like 12 hours for the page to finish calculating all of the info from Hitman 2. So it just took a lot longer than I originally thought it would, website wasn’t bugged or anything :slight_smile:

SOLVED!

Xbox series x. Same as the above posts: I’ve owned everything since 2016. Haven’t fired up hitman in a few months, went to launch it tonight, and says all content is locked like I don’t own it. Can’t do a single thing. Any solutions?

RESOLVED: Fixed. I assume it was a license issue, like a conflict between the game pass trilogy version, and a purchased deluxe edition. Anyway I rest my Xbox entirely, which among other things, blitzes the license and profiles. So when I launched hm3 for the “1st time”, it registered as a purchased content game instead of the game pass version.

(Pc Epic Games) error starting a contract on anything I try to play from story missions to contracts.

1 Like

Hey! HITMAN 3, latest version, PS5. On the maps of Mendoza (grass, flowers), Chongking (outdoors), the frame rate drops below 60. Approximately 45 FPS. On the Santa Fortuna map, it is not possible to play at all due to frame rate problems. Please fix this. At the time of the release of the game, the Digital Foundry was doing a test and everything was perfect, but now I do not play on these cards due to frame rate problems.

Platform: Steam
Description: I own all the 7 Deadly Sins, but I don’t own the Seven Deadly Sins Collection?

3 Likes

Having the exact same issue. Own all Hitman 3 content + all the content from the previous games and 7 Deadly Sins, yet it still offers me to buy the 7DS to finish my collection on Steam. And it does show up as owned in-game:

Seems like this problem is exclusively with the way they’ve set-up the Steam bundles, which doesn’t seem to count the 7DS DLCs, despite having all of them in my Steam library and in the store page.

3 Likes

Platform: PC Windows 11, Epic Games Store

Description : Epic games launcher detects a cloud sync conflict everytime I try to start the game

Steps to reproduce:

1. Ensure cloud saves is turned on for Hitman in epic games launcher
  2. Start the game, then exit
  3. Try to start the game again
  4. Epic games launcher prompts that theres a cloud sync conflict

Frequency : Always

Theory to why this happens: Normally, the launcher should attempt to sync the game files after the game is closed, this ensures there is no conflict between the newly modified files after playing the game and the files in the cloud. I observed that after hitting start game in the Epic games launcher, the launcher starts the Hitman launcher, and shows the game as running. After clicking play in the Hitman launcher, Epic games immediately shows cloud syncing, then shows Hitman as available to launch again, eventhough the main game is still running. It seems like the epic games launcher mistakenly thinks that since the hitman launcher executable is closed, the game is closed, so the launcher start to sync files. When the game is actually closed, the game saves are modified, and another sync is not performed, leading to a cloud sync error when the game is started again.

2 Likes

The game suddenly deciding you don’t own any content is a recurring problem, particularly on Xbox. I’ve seen it too, but @IOI refuses to address the problems with their servers and stop ruining an otherwise amazing game.

The heavy reliance on servers for everything has always been bullshit, and the asking to retry connecting during missions is ridiculous. Just reconnect. WHY ARE YOU ASKING??? They better not pull this shit with the Bond game they’re making. There’s absolutely no reason for the excess DRM on console versions, and only a small amount of people care about leaderboards. Most of us just want to play the goddamn game without interference!!!

FYI: I do NOT use quick resume, and I OWN the game with all content. I don’t use gamepass.

1 Like

I’m having issues with Hitman deciding I don’t own content too. Bought all Hitman 2 DLC on Steam linked it to my Epic games when I got Hitman 3, lets me play all the levels except the two DLC Hitman 2 DLC missions, very annoying.

I’m having the issue on Xbox that I don’t own the game. Is there an update about to go up or something?

Because I checked and all is in order. I’m guessing is something to do with the whole WOA reorganizing. I hope so. Because I even disconnected from Internet and logged again and still tells me I have to buy the whole pack again.

1 Like

You bought the game at regular price or at some seems-too-good-to-be-true discount?

Regular price from the original release back in 2021. Also was playing today normally but tried tonight and nope. Says I need to buy access to all locations again. Was able to play Dubai for the free trial thing it has RN and was weird because I still have all my unlocks as normal.

Tried to keep playing to Dartmoor but says I need access. Is strange.

1 Like