HITMAN 3 to become ‘World of Assassination’

An interesting, but not entirely out-of-left field decision. This is a good call to do IO, i’m glad this is getting cleaned up, though you really didn’t need to wait until the start of Y3.

Now all we need is a proper offline mode worth a damn, Epic → Steam/ Console → Steam or Epic cross saving, and we’re good. I’ll take this win though, it’[s a long time due.

Oh, and a proper modding policy.

13 Likes

I’m happy to take this as an eternal meme.

10 Likes

So basically minimal to no changes if you already own everything, just the branding of it.

Sounds like it’ll be a lot easier for new players which is good, as all I ever see populating Reddit is confusion posts as to which version to purchase.

Thumbs up IO :+1:t2:

7 Likes

Hmm, perhaps the timing signals that we’ll get continued content for those newbies who decide to get their WoA copy? :eyes:

2 Likes

This is why we aren’t getting Road to Freelancer. They’re still behind on a totally different blog post backlog :laughing:

7 Likes

It would be good for new players, and for us too, because I’m totally tired of questions like “how to buy”. The current purchase strategy is very confusing…
But, it looks a bit like a betrayal to current players who bought the whole game with higher price (that’s super expensive I have to say) It would be better if there are some kind of compensation… Maybe a discount for 007, or some unique weapon skin\ outfit in 007? (Actually I doubt if those who feel hurt would buy 007…)
tbh, I want to curse now, but I don’t know how to say that in English. English is so powerless in cursing. :anger: :rage:

On the other hand… since the title is no longer HITMAN3, would it be possible for players to choose the menu UI and BGM from those of HITMAN 2016,2&3? Death Awaits is good to match the dark topic of the story of HITMAN3, but it’s really not pleasant to listen… I would like to switch all the UI, music and sound effect to that of HITMAN2, they are better… Since the title is changed I think it’s not necesary to keep that dark music…

And by the way, is Jan 26,2023 the official date of death? Can we have an exact anwser?
Maybe there’s no Y3 upgrade, but what about bug fixes? UI improvement? and many other we called since 2016? just let them go?
waht about slimming down the inventory when planning? having a map in planning? better contract creator? better way to turning pages when playing featured contracts? ability to return to the contract page instead of the main menu when I want to play contracts continuously?
These are things I eagerly want. They don’t cost much but they are great improvement for players. Maybe IOI doesn’t want to make more contents, but can’t you fix these little problems to make HITMAN a better game?

9 Likes

Lol making waves was content rich

Like I put in the other post: it could be reworked to something like dump 10 NPCs into the sea instead of 47. Reworking stuff is better than removing entirely

1 Like

They didnt remove the ability to do it

Seems pretty simple to me, deluxe edition for extra content, WOA for the base games. There’s literally only two things to worry about now, which is how it should’ve been frankly.

4 Likes

From IOI’s announcement prior to H3’s release:

Do I get this right?
If I want the complete game from 26th of January, I need to buy these two bundles and pay $100 for it?

1 Like

You’ll have access to whatever you have, but yes.

Again with this…

I get that it would be frustrating for people who may have bought the Trilogy bundle, especially last year, but you’ve always had the option to wait for a sale. There’s been multiple (very good) sales on the main game and the Trilogy bundles so far too.

Buying the games at a higher price than what it is now was kinda your own decision if you’re mad about that.
If it was worth the X$ to you when you bought it, good. If you feel cheated, then maybe it’s a lesson in waiting for a lower price next time.

13 Likes

From what I understand, they just never sunset it lol, there’s still people on the subreddit asking people to join up for coop sniper assassin to complete online specific trophies (ew) for the SA maps.

2 Likes

I hate this logic, because games go on sale all the time. If you’re against this (basically an eternal sale aka a reduction in price, which happens all the time with games especially as they ‘age’), you’re against all sales.

20 Likes

It’s a hope and a prayer but if they had some limited capability to play the rest of the trilogy in co-op (a la Ghost Mode) along side Freelancer I’m not sure I would ever play another game ever again. It clearly can’t be too bad if they can just afford to “forget” to turn off Sniper coop…right? :pleading_face:

1 Like

They forgot to mention Ghost Mode here

2 Likes

It’s well known that the shutdown before H3’s launch never happened.

6 Likes

The naming and pricing seems… Odd.

$70 for WoA, but $30 for WoA deluxe? Surely that’s the wrong way around. Additionally, the Deluxe pack doesn’t include H1 maps?

It would make more sense for WoA base to give you the complete trilogy of base maps and deluxe giving you all the “value-added” DLC content.

Frankly, if Deluxe isn’t going to be the equivalent of purchasing everything, they should have such a pack. Nobody enjoys buying the best edition only to find it still doesn’t include already-released content.

1 Like