HITMAN 3 to become ‘World of Assassination’

“Deluxe” here refers to buying all the DLC for the trilogy (H2 maps and H3 DLC), it’s not a deluxe edition of the entire trilogy. So $100 for all trilogy content.

3 Likes

Not “well known” to me. Then again, I never bothered with co-op, so I wrote it off. Even I can’t keep track of everything.

1 Like

Just realized that IOI messed up the Hitman World of Assassination image a wee bit.

For example Isle of Sgáil is at the bottom not with Hitman 2, but it’s not even like it’s alphabetical of anything of this is triggering lol

Edit:

The Fuck is going on IOI?

12 Likes

Think about it… You bought the whole.game, and someone bought only H3, you paid 180 dollars, and he paid 60, (let’s not count dlcs in that’s too confusing). And on Jan26, wow you and he have the same thing? Don’t you feel unfair about it?
If you ask me, I say IOI should make HITMAN1,2 unavailable right now instead of waiting for 26th, because everyone who buys them before 26th is wasting their money, they just need to buy H3 and wait, on 26th they just got everything ready.
And those who owns H3 but not H1 or 2 should still pay to finish the whole set. it can be a lower price, but it need to be a cost, that would be fair for me. Or like I said, have some compensation.
But, my word won’t change nothing, so I think I will just let it go. Still it’s good to fix up the messed and confusing DLCs. Look at the bright side, at least I don’t have to explain the strange perchase policy to nee players any more…

2 Likes

It’s better but still silly. World of Assassination comes with ALL H1 DLC but not H2 DLC.

Thats because there’s only one Access Pass for H1 content for H3. The blog post says they’re just using the existing Access Pass system, so its pretty obvious why.

1 Like

Lets hope Ambrose Island is finally in the correct place on the storyline now

18 Likes

Great to see, a few questions.

1. Will we keep HITMAN 3 as a separate entry in our libraries, or will World of Assassination replace the HITMAN 3 entry?

2. Can we get some information about the future of the game? Currently the game is bound to servers which will be taken offline some day. If you’re going to make the games playable offline, will this only be for the “World of Assassination” installment or include all three separate games? You’d be killing some content permanently if you don’t fix the server dependency for HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2.

9 Likes

I agree with the point about making the purchase easier to understand.
However, with HITMAN (2016) and HITMAN2 (2018) being discontinued, I remain concerned that these servers will be shut down and unplayable in the not too distant future.
HITMAN (2016) has numerous escalations, several challenges, player-created contracts, discontinued elusive targets, PS-exclusive Sara Evo Six, and Japanese audio that is not present in HITMAN3.
HITMAN2 (2018) has several challenges, Sniper Assassin multiplayer, player-created contracts, discontinued Elusive Targets, and a deleted Ghost Mode, all of which are not present in HITMAN3.
I am not asking for all of these to be playable in HITMAN3.
But I do hope that IOI will make the challenges, escalations, contracts, and elusive targets of HITMAN (2016) and HITMAN2 (2018) playable offline, even if the servers are shut down.

14 Likes

#SaveSarajevoSix

13 Likes

I mean yeah and they still could have included the H2 DLC access pass on it. Would be far better and less clunky for new players as the H2 DLC literally bridges H2 and H3 plot.

Their main way of purchasing Hitman 3 now has a literal story gap between H2 and H3 which makes no sense! It would make more sense if it was Patient Zero DLC missing instead lol

5 Likes

You got to play it earlier

6 Likes

This gives me a little hope that “Year 3” content happens. I’m not expecting a new location or anything big, but wouldn’t mind actual Contract Mode additions (if they keep wanting to do featured contracts), or even a trickle of new Escalations (especially on the locations currently without any; some of those Legacy Escalations can stay dead though).

I’m a little happy that in the end IOI kinda got to where they wanted with this trilogy. All “episoders” in one package. It just had to go though some mess to get there.

That all said, I do feel a little bad they’re delisting the old games. They’re not pulling them P.T. style, so they’ll still be playable, but it does make playing the aforementioned Legacy Escalations and Sarajevo Six a little harder.

Unless you’re on PC; I look forward to modding the hell out of WoA on PC when I get a new one.

8 Likes

Hah, you know, I agree with you and even surprised that this time there is so little indignation at their decision, as was usually the case. I feel weird because I’ve always defended IOI’s decisions, but now I’m a little upset.

Not at all. That’s the nature of buying things over time. It works in reverse sometimes too. Paying different amounts for the same product at different points in time is normal and expected.

Think back to when the game first hit Steam after a year of Epic Games exclusivity. Remember how upset a lot of players were that they were being asked to pay full price for a game that was a year old?

Game Of The Year editions commonly have different prices than the original game did the day it was released. Right now, in fact, Steam is offering Hitman 3 for $20.99, which according to them is a 65% discount. Should we all be mad that someone can buy the game for 65% less than we paid for it? As someone else said already, that would mean nothing could ever be sold at a discount ever because someone might be mad they bought it the day before. It just isn’t how things work and it’s not a slap in the face to people that paid more.

18 Likes

Finally! Good move, it was about time!

What is kinda sad is that H2016 still feels different enough that it can be missed if it was no longer possible to buy. Moving feels a bit more slow but also more crisp, also in regard of manipulating NPCs.

27 Likes

The entirety of 2016 feels more crisp compared to H3. Its a shame the latest entry never got the optimalisation the first one got. Its a sketchy mess sometimes.

15 Likes

Daddy Squeenix was great for polish. Absolution and 2016 did feel good

8 Likes

I just miss 47 keeping his hands in fists while walking, instead of constantly clenching and unclenching them as he’s done since H2.

2 Likes

They did a good job of going in deep and cleaning up 47’s world of ass :smirk:

My suggestion would be to give players the option to change soundtracks in the menu if they want. After all, it is one easily accessible entity now. I still miss hearing H1’s theme on start-up…

19 Likes