Hitman 3, Year 2 - Winter Roadmap

Gold ak in santa’s hand. ETA unlock certainly.

I thought it was going to be a winter roadmap, like last year. Last one for Year Two. (also @Kesington019, you might want to change the title).

I’m curious to see if Freelancer will be a part of it. Since it’s the end of january.

2 Likes

The roadmap is out on the game server.

The Forger as the last ET, what a nice way to bookend the game. He was the first Elusive Target released in Hitman 2016. A bit surprised with the no ET during december, unless we have unmarked reactivations.

Also : I know I’m being picky, but : not an ICA19. That’s a bartoli pistol.

13 Likes

Pardon the triple posting, but here is the roadmap article :

HITMAN 3 Year 2 Winter Roadmap 2022

December has arrived and we’ve prepared a traditional bumper roadmap with two months worth of content for HITMAN 3 players to unwrap and enjoy. Both December and January are packed into this special edition for the holiday period – and there are some new, festive-themed unlocks on the way too!

Starting with a new challenge and unlock today to kick-start the month, through to the release of HITMAN 3 Freelancer on January 26, there’s plenty to be excited about. Let’s take a closer look at what’s to come this Winter in HITMAN 3.

December 1: Holiday Hoarders + 2 unlocks!

It wouldn’t be December in HITMAN without Harry, Marv and some holiday hoardin’. Paris is all decked out with snow cannons and glimmering lights, whilst there are also some new unlocks in town.

The first gift is Lil’ Flashy, who felt like a perfect fit to be under the tree. He’s small, endearing and useful in plotting certain assassinations. The second gift is literally a gift. It’s also explosive, but crucially is not considered a suspicious item, so you can leave it lying around wherever you want without it arousing suspicious. Could be useful.

If this is your first time playing Holiday Hoarders, don’t miss your chance to unlock the Santa 47 suit!

Holiday Hoarders is permanent for HITMAN 3 owners and will be available between December 1 and January 5 for Free Starter Pack players.

December 8: Elusive Target Arcade

More content and gifts on the way with the Shashka A33 Gold Assault Rifle. Unlock this powerful and glamorous rifle by completing either of the Elusive Target Arcade Contracts arriving in early December. The Aesthetes or The Authoritarians.

December 15: Urben’s Holiday Special #2

Curated Contracts are collections of the best contracts out there. Hand-picked and refined by some of the community’s best-known talents, they offer unique and fun challenges that you might never have encountered. Two batches of Curated Contracts are packed into this Winter Roadmap and first up is Urben’s Holiday Special.

Urben’s talents have seen them regularly appear in Featured Contracts batches in the past years, win competitions to get their face in the game and, as you might have guessed, were the mastermind behind the original Urben’s Holiday Special in 2021. In fact, we should probably just send them a medal already. Thanks Urben!

December 22: The Icon

Sapienza, by night with a huge movie set. That’s the premise for The Icon, where Dino Bosco is taking one last shot at superstardom. Your job is to literally end his career, for good.

This mission can be played for free between December 22 and January 2.

December 30: The Bad Boy

Sapiena, by night with a huge movie set and a former musician-turned-gangster who’s in hiding from the police. The Bay Boy Elusive Target brings a different challenge to The Icon, but it’s one that everyone can enjoy. Do it at the end of this year, or the start of next. The choice is yours.

January 5: Hokkaido Snow Festival

Start 2023 at the Hokkaido Snow Festival and complete the new Ice To Meet You challenge to unlock the ICA 19 Iceballer. It’s probably the coolest gun you’ll ever have.

If this is your first time playing the Hokkaido Snow Festival, don’t miss your chance to unlock the Snow Festival suit!

Free Starter Pack players can enjoy the HSF between January 5 and January 26, 2023.

January 6: The Forger

HITMAN 3 Year 2’s final Elusive Target is The Forger. Mr Larin, as he’s known by his friends, was the first Elusive Target ever released back in 2016. This will be the first time he can be eliminated with a Shashka A33 Gold, Iceballer or Explosive Christmas Gift. He’ll be in town for 10 days.

January 12: Winter Madness #2

The Frote7 speedrun community knows a thing or two about creating and curating contracts. Last year, they featured here with the first Winter Madness contracts and told us about creativity, freedom of choice and replayability being at the core of a good contract. We’re sure there will be more of the same this time around.

If you’re interested in learning more about this community or are curious about the world of Hitman speedrunning, head to the F7SC Discord channel – or wait until January 12th when they arrive in-game.

January 26: HITMAN 3 Freelancer

It’s finally on the roadmap. HITMAN 3 Freelancer will arrive, alongside a major patch, on January 26 and will be a free addition for all HITMAN 3 owners. If you need more details about this exciting, rogue-like mode, head over to our Road to Freelancer series.

Extra note: There’s intentionally no content releasing in the immediate week before the release of HITMAN 3 Freelancer. This is to give our Hitman team a clear focus and longer run up to the new mode release without any distractions.

Full HITMAN 3 Year 2 Winter Roadmap

15 Likes

Done :smile:

12 Likes

I was hoping through the year for more players the curate batches like h1 and h2, but we ended up with the same curators from last year, Clemens, there are plenty of creators in the community deserving to curate, these are really fun and please do more of these through year 3.

For those that are interested here are the challenges :

Share the Love (1000xp, unlock Lil’ Flashy)

• Open 5 presents.

Gift and Take (4000xp, unlock Xmas Gift)

• Eliminate Harry or Marv with the Explosive Xmas Gift while dressed as Santa Claus.

9 Likes

The most surprising thing in this is the lack of Elusive Targets given there’s still several that have appeared in the arcade but not the main game.

I wonder if they’ll ever make the normal Explosive Pen unlockable since they’re giving us a non-reskinned version of Lil Flashy

9 Likes

Thank you for the roadmap that arrives on the first day of the month (and for the requested ETs return)!
I just noticed a little typographical error here @Travis_IOI :

The Bay Boy Elusive Target brings

I was a proofreader before. :yum:

8 Likes

This new Winter Roadmap looks awesome. All this new content – Holiday Hoarders, and Hokkaido Snow Festival, Urben’s Holiday Special, F7SC Winter madness, and elusive targets !!!

roadmap#1

9 Likes

While not the most impressive roadmap that it could have been, I am satisfied with what we’re getting.

And since I came into H1 a year late and didn’t really understand how ETs truly worked when they were reactivated for the first time and I wasn’t satisfied with how I took out the Forger, even though I can deal with him in Arcade mode, this will give me the opportunity to take out the original guy the way I wanted to, and rectify my mistake for my H3 record. Can’t wait for that.

4 Likes

Kinda meh TBH.

Really disappointed by the lack of ETs (especially ET reactivations) but at least there’s finally a Paris ET. And more explosives are always nice. That ice gun looks awful though, the melee ice shard would have been a better unlock if they wanted to go with an ice theme. As for the gold AK it’s probably just gonna end up collecting dust like all the other assault rifles.

1 Like

Ah, decent roadmap.

Li’l Flashy gets taken away from the cold, dead hands of the Undying contract.
We finally get a new holiday-themed item to go with that Santa suit (I always found it strange there were tons of new christmas-reskins in that level but we could never unlock any)

Gold Shashka looks cool, but ehhh just another rifle
Iceballer looks stylish. Hope that’s silenced.

Ending it with the Forger is a great bookend.

I get that it’s basically full-steam-ahead on Freelancer, so I wasn’t expecting too much for the next two months. A bit strange they merged two months into one, but that’s fine with me! Can’t wait!

4 Likes

Should’ve given us a cool alternate version of Li’l Flashy like they did with the exploding pen.

2 Likes

Thanks, got it. Are you sure he’s not from the Bay Area though? :wink:

A large part of the reason we do that (was the same last year too) is because the Christmas / New Year holiday period makes it extremely challenging to create and publish an early January roadmap. So, you get it this way to remedy that.

19 Likes

Reasonable enough. This way it covers the heart of winter itself rather than two separate months with several holidays between them.

2 Likes

So not only do we get no Elusive Targets until the end of December, they “decompensate” us by giving us only one arcade. It better consist exclusively of ETs previously unavailable, no redos please!

1 Like

The only one not yet released that can be released is the Fixer. We already know he’s not coming for this cycle at least, so it won’t be.

1 Like

Iceballer, bahahahahahahahaha

Awesome. This game man.

URBENS needs an apostrophe.

1 Like

Just last night I had to send in my picks for my featured contract batch. Today I learn that the golden Shashka is an upcoming unlock.

Did I mess up big time by picking @Faiz51’s contract that requires stealing it that is now fully bypassed? You will learn on December 15th!

6 Likes

Spent an awkwardly long amount of time scouring the whole palace and back side in search of gifts to find the explosive needed for the new unlock only to eventually give up and check Hitmaps to notice it was sitting in the loading area near the entrance all that time. At least I got to appreciate some of the visual changes along the way and look into places I haven’t visited in ages.
obraz
I couldn’t get the video to upload even after making it a gif, so have an image of Marv going for a swim.

6 Likes