Hitman: Blood Money — Reprisal

Hitman: Blood Money — Reprisal: A revitalised classic coming to Mobile and Nintendo Switch!

Hitman: Blood Money — Reprisal takes Agent 47 mobile — with an iOS and Android release this Autumn, and a Switch release to follow in Winter.

Reprisal is a comprehensive reworking of the stealth-action classic, refined for screens large and small — with a new Minimap, Instinct Mode, and gameplay improvements inspired by later games in the series.

Hitman Blood Money — Reprisal’s modernisations make it a great fit for all three platforms, and both mobile editions come equipped with a fully customizable touchscreen interface, as well as controller and keyboard & mouse support.

What do y’all think about this one? Definitely interesting to see how Feral Interactive (never heard about them) will port the Hitman classic to these platforms. It’s surprising that it’s coming so soon.

15 Likes

Feral Interactive is responsible for many game ports, including Mac and Linux ports of Absolution and HITMAN 1.

8 Likes

The only port I would like is the porting of Hitman Sniper 1 and 2 from mobile to pc and consoles. Playing on mobile is something I don’t like

8 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see how well it performs. If it’s really good, this could very well be the definitive version of Blood Money

8 Likes

incredibly dumb to “rework” the stealth systems and say “refined for screens large and small” to release it only on mobile and switch. to me that sounds like they dont have a huge amount of confidence in it?

I’ve bought the highly overpriced “remastered” verification of Blood Money and Absolution for Playstation in hopes that you will give us the original Trilogy or at least SA and Contracts one day on new platforms.

I’m not wasting my money on this game again.

5 Likes

I prefer experience that masterpiece in PC Full HD but it might be interesting to make discover the franchise to some mobile users.

Must feel weird and uncomfortable to play this on such a small screen tho, maybe the Nintendo Switch is the way to go for it?

Looking forward to some reviews out there :+1:

3 Likes

Quite frankly I think the PC version needs and update simply cause it doesn’t have native controller support and UI issues with higher resolutions where it doesn’t scale properly.

6 Likes

All of the first four games on PC need an update that makes them work straight ‘out of the box’ on modern systems, without the need to fiddle with all sorts of community fixes, patches, and Nvidia/ini settings to make them run properly.
This port is a nice thing for mobile/Switch users, but that’s about it.

5 Likes

This isn’t ideal from my perspective as a person who has put probably thousands of hours into Blood Money and likes its systems as it is, but it’ll be nice to see some more people finally get into it since it’s now labeled as “dated” by a lot of folks.

Also having it on Switch is an instant buy for me cause I’m an addict. But I’ll be real, even while I play it for hundreds of hours on Switch in bed, it’ll likely not be my ideal way to play. Gotta play on PC for that.

4 Likes

These are very nice additions to this game. But something I didn’t see in the trailer and would be good is an indication of trespassing zone like in the last trilogy. When you’re disguised, you don’t automatically know the zones where the disguise is allowed or not. If you’re trespassing with a disguise, your cover is blown (and ruins SA rating).

3 Likes

I also think highlighting points of interest that they mentioned in the comment section is a good idea. More intuitive than those hints from the original that you could buy for in-game money and exclamation marks on map. I mean, people keep discovering stuff after years of playing, like the roof in YBWO that you can climb, so highlighting it definitely should help.

4 Likes

Hope that in the future IO will do something similar with Contracts and H2SA. Have them change the AI in the Japan levels also :smile:

8 Likes

Using instinct in Silent Assassin will now alert the Japanese guards even more quickly.

8 Likes

Some of the features are confirmed to be optional and can be toggled in the settings, nice GIF to illustrate the point:

https://twitter.com/feralgames/status/1717190462379872454?t=W-QhjCcjO3wNqh38-Ffc-g&s=19

Can someone please repost the GIF here directly, please? Can’t do it for some reason :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/feralgames/status/1725151822560530514

mobile release on the 30th

8 Likes

It seems like there are multiple controller profiles.

Note the “Modern (Enhanced Camera)” on the top left.

For reference, here is the HD Enhanced Collection version of the layout, which changed nothing from the original as far as I know.

10 Likes

Hopefully this is a test using the game that holds up the best. If it’s successful enough, id love to see H2SA and Contracts also get an update.

H2SA would be fantastic with a… functional… stealth system.

5 Likes

They could port the HD Trilogy to the Nintendo Switch, I’d immediately buy that.

8 Likes

It’s live on Android!

6 Likes