Hitman: Blood Money — Reprisal

A new trailer has been also published alongside the release:

4 Likes

Beat it on pro earlier today
The good: Let me start off by listing the positives. The game runs really well, which is quite impressive, even on modern phones. I don’t have any sort of benchmark but it ran almost at a constant 90fps 2k for my playthrough. Although there were stutters and dips at times, they were few and far between. Aiming also felt great with the lock on mechanics and the snapping on to enemies. Intstinct and the minimap are also welcome additions, allowing new players to learn and navigate the maps easier. The menus are adapted for mobile quite well. I really liked the feature of highlighting objects on screen and assigning them to a quick action button where you can just tap the screen to do that action. Cloud saves is also a nice welcome addition.

The bad: There were some baffling design decisions I encountered when playing this game, mostly due to the crappy UI. It feels like it’s designed by people who’ve played through the game like 2 times, and don’t really understand the mechanics of it. For starters, the screen is overcrowded, with plenty of buttons that aren’t really useful most of the time, and can easily be simplified to be combined into fewer buttons. There are also some removed mechanics which were really crucial to game flow, like the ability to throw human shields, push people with items equipped, and the ability to open doors when items are drawn. Throwing coins, which has been a huge mechanic in bm, has been made useless with the time it takes to throw a coin. The inventory system has not been translated well into bm, with it being stressful and slow to change items. Picking up specific items has been made impossible, with the removed ability of selecting which item to pick up. The pacing feels so slow with these changes, and makes pulling off tricky plays impossible.

TLDR: Great performance, very poor controls and removes many gameplay mechanics

9 Likes

I imagine the switch version would be better but considering the fact this was announced out of nowhere I’d say it’s good ( then again I know next to nothing about blood money besides the fact everyone loves it )

2 Likes

Unfortunately they announced that the switch version would be capped at 30 fps which is frustrating

4 Likes

I just downloaded it as well, and agree with the pros and cons.

It looks good (like pretty damn good, controls pretty well, and I like the Instinct addition.

After I’ve played a while, I’d like to see if I can minimize how much screen clutter I have (like in-game tips and such). While it’s not crippled by all of the additional screen buttons, it takes some more time to accomplish what could be done quickly on a console.

8 Likes

Forgive me if I sound dumb but what exactly does that mean don’t know much about technical stuff

2 Likes

basically makes the game much less smooth to play, everything is just slower/clunkier

3 Likes

Does anyone know if there is any way to play this on PC? I’d love to play Blood Money with an Xbox controller, but a phone screen isn’t going to work for me and my old eyes.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the answer I wonder if they will bring reprisal to the other consoles at some point

1 Like

Android emulators for PC exist. Download, login in Google Play, buy the game, download, play.

4 Likes

While I don’t have a controller for my iPhone, I can mirror my screen to my tv and use my phone as the controller.

Edit: did a quick google search and found it’s super easy to connect my ps4 controller to my iPhone, and the game automatically recognizes it.

The game plays ALOT better with a controller.

9 Likes

have they like fully removed some of these mechanics from the game or are they just not possible on touchscreen ? what im trying to ask is if you plug in a controller are you able to do some of these things like push human shield victims .

2 Likes

It’s a breeze playing with a controller! The tutorial went by smoothly even tho I’ve always played hitman on keyboard mouse.

Side question: Is cloud save available across different devices? Like if I want to play on my tablet while at home and continue where I left off on my phone while I’m traveling?

Edit: Yes, it does!

6 Likes

This is a very important question. Has the “Allan, please add details” meme survived?

12 Likes

There you go.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/18bt6ro/when_will_allan_ever_learn/

23 Likes

17 years later and still can’t skip this cutscene :smiling_face_with_tear:

16 Likes

https://twitter.com/feralgames/status/1735692778447728811

AMA on the 19th

switch release soon ?

3 Likes

Feral Interactive is holding an AMA about the game on reddit.

Today we’ve got Valeria, Sam and Edwin from the Design team behind Reprisal, as well as Craig from the Writing team. We’re here to answer all your questions about our catalogue, and our process of bringing games to new platforms. We’ll be answering questions for a couple of hours from 8am PT / 11am ET / 4PM GMT.

5 Likes

looks like the switch version is set to release in late january according to this post.

4 Likes

according to this hitman blood money on the switch will be out late january

1 Like