Hitman Blood Money Unsolved Mysteries

Recently, I was looking through the audio files of hitman blood money, which seem to be unused in the final game. These were voice lines from Daniel Morris, in the mission amendment XXV.
I’ll link them here.

The voicelines were titled as such
image and were located in a folder titled “XHasFLHostage”, which is pretty obvious what it stands for.
These lines depict a scenario where Daniel holds the first lady hostage. Voice lines arent the only clue however, since in the game itself, the first lady cannot detect the dead body of Daniel, meaning that there probably was an event where he gets shot while holding her hostage. Seeing as it’s still in the game, this feature/event was most likely cut pretty late in development. There are also plenty of other unused voicelines which I found that hint to removed things, but that’s for another time. Tell me what you think about this event. Hopefully one day a blood money dev can respond to this, but that’s highly unlikely as none of them work at io anymore.

23 Likes

The unused voice lines seem that at some point it was possible to directly confront Daniel Morris as 47, it would have been interesting. In the final version he doesn’t have much impact or agency in the level itself and the only real “bombastic” confrontation you have is with the underwhelming Albino.

12 Likes
14 Likes

Nice catch. Never saw this before.15 years later, hidden things are still uncovered. Unfortunately, we woudln’t get any more data on this removed level.

5 Likes

Can’t be too sure about that. Iirc more stuff was found in the ps2 build regarding the mission.

4 Likes

I watched a PS2 beta build of Hitman Blood Money where you can select all missions available.

It is interesting to see that M07 is absent from this, confirming the removal of a whole level.

Source: Hitman Blood Money PS2 Beta V0.50 Gameplay 720p - YouTube

9 Likes

Only the Cherry on top of this Disappointment-Sundae that is Blood Money.

2 Likes

On the topic of scrapped levels if I remember correctly there was another Vegas mission that took place in a strip club called “Vegas Girls” or something like that. Not sure if it ever got past concept phase, or if I’m remembering wrong and no such thing existed.

4 Likes

Iirc there was a Las Vegas Mission planned for Contracts, but it didn’t happen.

6 Likes

In early trailers from the game, I remember seeing a club in Vegas or something like that, that doesn’t appear in the final game. Also, A dance with the devil also takes place in Vegas, so it might be changed to that.

4 Likes

You guys made me look at trailers :stuck_out_tongue: besides his face looking different, there’s this

11 Likes

Full version of Luiluix’s image.

12 Likes

Oh man, this post is only 9 days old? Holy cow, this is great that people are recently digging up Blood Money.

Hope to see this game maybe one day brought back from the dead, if possible. Seems IOI still has the source code for this game somewhere. We need to ask someone who works at or used to work at IOI about the details of why they did things. Would like to know more.

4 Likes

The lead director of Hitman Blood Money re joined IO recently, which can hopefully mean that we get some answers for these mysteries, or better yet, even more lost content being talked about, like the unused weapons, and maybe even a cut mission.

6 Likes

As Getro mentioned, more information about the level was found by DronCode in the PS2 build.

Inside the M07 level controller the following names are mentioned:

• Gambler
  • Negotiator
  • CrabGangBoss
  • Messenger
  • Pilot
10 Likes

There is a character named Scar in the requiem mission,
this name is not mentioned in any of the missions
This is his textures
Scar textures

maybe he is from a cut mission about strip club called “Vegas Girls”

17 Likes

He definitely looks like a unique npc and not a generic guard. Yeah prob from the cut mission.

10 Likes

There’s a few audio lines that give some more info on M07. The notorietybusted line for M02 is actually a reused one from M07 (M07_NR_03CRM.wav). And there’s an unused file for a Diana briefing for Death on the Mississippi (M08_SS_01Diana.wav) of her saying “nice job on crab island” referring to M07. The openings are all fmv’s in the final game so her lines aren’t used.
And there’s some alligator water splashing/group of flies sounds that have the M07 label.

There’s also two textures for some sort of briefing that have the M07 label. Nothing too big but they’re here nonetheless.
(1005_Cutscenes_M07_M07_MissionBriefing_ReflectionMap_H3_01)
1005_Cutscenes_M07_M07_MissionBriefing_ReflectionMap_H3_01
(1060_Cutscenes_M07_M07_MissionBriefing_PlainWhite01)
1060_Cutscenes_M07_M07_MissionBriefing_PlainWhite01

14 Likes

15 Likes

I have a feeling that the Hacienda in A Vintage Year was supposed to be another floor taller. One of the teleport points, and accurate beaming, seem to put you on the roof, then fall through the unfinished floor.

I’m also trying to figure out which levels the GiveAll cheat plays up with. There seems to be a specific object that’s given which causes the game to crash, either on leaving the menu, or on opening the inventory. This definitely happens in A House of Cards.

7 Likes