Hitman Contracts BETA Images and discussion

c397217404c3b90deb15064764da233a file_33395_hitman_contracts_001 hitman_contracts_image13

hitmancontracts_040204__040204_med1_1082163736 images ss_37bfc8c7032d223afe55f3e2b67ed8ac04e333f0.1920x1080 41FBiOiGoWL.SX466 41W68EQAB9L 169042609 546866579

23 Likes

Pure golden glory!!!

3 Likes

Fritz’s note is named “Item_Envelope_Pablo_01” in the text strings, indicating they probably considered bringing back Pablo’s note from C47.

4 Likes

There was a feature in the beta where you could knockout people from the back with a gun
@AkaneTutszulor made a video on it!

9 Likes

The game has translated subtitles for pretty much all scripted lines, but they’re not used for some reason.
Example, the Tzun and Lee Hong conversation:

Item name=“C08-4_ST_ZHC_01Z”(Chinese) The ponies were very bad to me.
Item name=“C08-4_ST_ZHC_02LH”(Chinese) How many times must I tell you not to piss your money away at the track?
Item name=“C08-4_ST_ZHC_03Z”(Chinese) But Tommy Wong said FancyDarling would win. 18 to 1 at the gate!
Item name=“C08-4_ST_ZHC_04LH”(Chinese) Tommy Wong is an ass.
Item name=“C08-4_ST_ZHC_05Z”(Chinese) But the horses have made him rich!
Item name=“C08-4_ST_ZHC_06LH”(Chinese) No, Zun, people like you have made him rich.
Item name=“C08-4_ST_ZHC_07Z”(Chinese) This is true. Next time I see him, I’ll break his arm.

7 Likes

You are doing God’s work. Excellent find!

2 Likes

The subtitles on PC are disabled during gameplay except when in dialogue or on a cutscene. even on console the lee Hong subtitles are specifically hidden because they were intended to be translated as an easter egg of funny dialogue the average ear wouldn’t comprehend.

3 Likes

One of the character artists at IO had a few of the raw textures for Contracts up on his site at one point.

Fabian and the bomb worker were two of the three. But the third one caught my eye.

It doesn’t belong to any female npc in the final game. I assume it was an alternate texture for Stripper_01a from Deadly Cargo, as the face and shoes match.

It’s also in 1024x512 unlike Stripper_01a which is in 512x256. It’s possible they had the higher res versions for every character instead of just for a select few. 47 is 512x256 even though he’s the one model you see most of.
Stripper_01a for reference
C06-2_MAIN_TEX_00486_Stripper_01a

5 Likes

how do you see the game’s code? i do want to do some digging around!

1 Like

There is something that might be Beta but i don’t know if it really is
The Mission Loading Screen of Deadly Cargo, it shows 47 holding a secret service agent
Enemies of Deadly Cargo are Bikers and Sailors, Policemen and Swats are also hostiles but the loading picture seems so random since there are no agents in this mission, or any other mission in Contracts
Do you think this loading screen was going to be used in one of the scrapped Vegas missions?

4 Likes

Yeah i noticed that too there are no agents in that mission. This loading screen has no connection with the mission. Contracts loading screens mostly show 47’s face and have no connection with the mission. If you look at Hitman 2 SA each loading screen describes its mission.

4 Likes

Also i think 47 did not wear gloves in the beta

2 Likes

Umm just a question
The textures i exported look like this

Editing these is a nightmare
Any idea how i can get them to editable form?
Any plugins?

1 Like

There is only one beta screenshot that features 47 wearing gloves in the meat king’s party, while every other picture shows 47 without gloves.
Also if you compare this picture to the Deadly Cargo loading screen you can notice 47 is in a very similar position

3 Likes

You used Glacier Tex? Disable X-Box mode.

2 Likes

export them without mipmaps

3 Likes

Worked right away!
Thanks!

1 Like

How’s the KTE Enhancer going?
How many missions done so far?

2 Likes

planning to give the game a complete overhaul

7 Likes

Woah that is neat, good luck!