Hitman Contracts BETA Images and discussion

im also getting rid of the gloves from every mission and changing the gun textures

1 Like

1 Like

how did you add bullet holes?

1 Like

Messed around with textures and made this guy.

I think we should have a thread for Contracts modding specifically but it’s far more fun to post it all here

3 Likes

Speaking of textures, I’ve remastered some of Contract’s textures using AI image enhancers.

Tzun (Lee Hong’s Bodyguard)

Original Agent 47 Texture

Enhanced Agent 47 Texture (well, second enhanced version)
I had to size it down a bit which resulted in the eyebrows, eye etc getting pixelated around the edges. Hear is a full version with some slightly changed enhancements:

(I mean just look at how crisp that thing is)

Ort-Meyer

Ort-Meyer Enhanced: (again, pixelation due to downsizing, looks better in-game)

I also did Boris and Bjarkhov but they were less impressive. Honestly though, Tzun and Boris are the only ones I’ve actually seen much of a difference on, the textures are nowhere near as crisp as they are in raw form when they are in the game, I suspect maybe the game/model decreases the quality.

13 Likes

Looks good! The before and after ones are mind blowing

2 Likes

What a game!!! :grimacing::grimacing: Beldingford Manor…my favourite map in all Hitman games :wink:

3 Likes

I think I’ll try to make HD Alistair next.

3 Likes

O.K, it seems the more I continue the more disappointing the results get. The textures themselves, if enhanced correctly, look jaw-dropping, but in the game they are stretched to hell and back again to fit the models, I think this has something to do with something called the model’s size multiplier? Idk, that’s just a term I heard when looking for stuff about upscaling textures.

It needs some patching up, like the weird dark hairline, and I shouldn’t have tried to brighten the face for lighting purposes. It also looks unnatural because, again, the texture is a lot more high quality, but is blurred.

I have no idea how this works but if I could double the aspect ratio of the image and get Glacier Tex to accept it without the damn game stretching it over the model, maybe it would look nicer, or maybe I’m crazy.

6 Likes

This guy looks like 47 with a hair. Almost every male target in Contracts looks like 47. Could it mean something? :thinking:

1 Like

I want that damn purple meter looks fuck cool

1 Like

Every guard think it’s me chef still real to me

1 Like

thanks for the feedback hehe

1 Like

heres a little trailer i made

10 Likes

Dracula Last Sanctuary meet Vampire Rain would be funny

1 Like

looks awesome my man :+1::+1:

1 Like

the game’s tex files in 2004 had limitations on memory values, which resulted in a select few characters getting the higher resolution files. 47’s model is indeed the 1024x512 version. however, IO only included this high res 47 in the main menu of the game. I assume they had forgotten to implement this model in the final game

Names are — HMC_Hitman_01a and HMC_Hitman_01b

01b is the high res version

3 Likes

Awesome, it’s shot/edited really nicely.

1 Like

Honestly a shame that we’re stuck with the low-res characters/textures now. Don’t get me wrong the game is nice just the way it is but it could greatly benefit from a detailed high-res makeover.

2 Likes

Yeah! But honestly with high res textures the game would lose the creepy vibe

Would be nice but old games are best without high res textures

1 Like