Freelancer | Patch 3.170.1 | Bugs and Imperfections

Same with the new(ish) “run toggle indicator,” which I love.

2 Likes

Can the camera actually be used to eliminate an NPC from behind? Sounds like this has contract potential if so.

2 Likes

No. It just shows the prompt but if you press the button, it will subdue.

2 Likes

The guards are expecting 47 to sit in the seats so they’re watching them very closely. However they wouldn’t expect him to sit on the table so…

2 Likes

Has this always been an issue or have I just been savescuming a lot during all this this years that I didn’t even realize?

Alerted territory in Hokkaido. I KO the guard in the sauna. I’m dragging the body to the crate on the room where you can tamper with the temperature. Yamazaki decides to be a bitch and enters the sauna and spots me. I kill her before she can share the information. Half the map becomes a witness anyway.

I get that they get alerted because many people saw her get killed, but none of them actually saw who it was. Even the two guys inside the sauna, despite not seeing anything of what happened, they still became witnesses.

2 Likes

I think that’s the key bit of context here. If I’m not mistaken, the AI seems to function quite differently in Alerted Territories with NPCs turning orange all over the place.

1 Like

but is it intentional? even if it’s on an alerted territory it still doesn’t make sense that npcs that never notice a crime turn into witnesses.

1 Like

I agree, it’s frustrating. I guess we have to assume those changes for Alerted Territories are intentional. But perhaps they’ll make some tweaks in a future patch if IOI agree it doesn’t quite function as intended.

2 Likes

That’s just a part of the trash this game has to offer. ESP-prone guards.
And part of the in general garbage AI we have to deal with.
The nonsense of a seiker 1 doing nothing at all b/c the target spotted you.
Being spotted overrides the effect of the weapon. So that means getting spotted renders them immune.
Trash.

1 Like

Good job you uninstalled and never played Hitman again then, isn’t it?

13 Likes

This forum has the purpose to share thoughts/ideas and discuss all aspects of Hitman, including problematic ones. The most important part is that the talk is done respectfully and in a manner where everyone is open for the feedback of other people. You can look that up again here.

This forum is not a place where you dump your anger and ignore when others point out where your point of view might be flawed. If you need to blow off some steam you need to go elsewhere.

14 Likes

Hi guys. I noticed a guard in Mumbai at the construction site that is one of a targets clips through the map, falls all the way down to hell, but not always, anyone have any idea how this works? At one point I could see him directly fall while walking into the spot.

One imperfection that is annoying is that 47 is automatically standing up when using the camera, great way to get spotted by all the enforces.

3 Likes

These two paintings refuse to say as the one I select. They alternate changing to a different option. In the downstairs hall, I have chosen the Icon painting, it will switch to the woman in a blue dress with a horse:

In the bedroom above the ladder to the basement, I have chosen the technical drawing of a globe, and it keeps switching to the Mendoza landscape painting:

This seems very random and will happen usually when I have just returned from a mission or have just loaded into the safehouse. It’s a very annoying bug.

14 Likes

47 seems to (sometimes) take a different boat… Not just a different boat, but an EXTRA boat whenever it jumps to this exit scene.

I think even the helicopter changes to a different one than what I have it set as.

Heck. I’ve even ridden off on that ugly motorcycle that certainly is NOT set in my garage.

11 Likes

Yeah that bug is annoying. Those paintings are linked i.e. whatever painting you pick for one spot (like the third painting) automatically changes the other spot (after you return from a mission) to #3 as well.

Hopefully A LOT of these problems get fixed soon. This thread is piling up. :joy:

9 Likes

There’s still bugs in the game that were reported in 2017… so you may need to adjust expectations.

4 Likes

I can live with some of the more nitpicky issues, but at least they should fix the most gamebreaking bugs like wallhacks, the view cones in Heaven (they can really fuck you over on freelancer), glitched objectives and the unpickable/undropable items on the safe house.

Many of this issues are really burning out freelancer for me and I’ve been playing it less often because of that.

3 Likes

For Hardcore Mode, rename Prestige Objectives to Mandatory Objectives and remove Mercers award from them.

I was able to place a cellphone on the “no cellphones” lane in Chongqing. Literally unplayable.

23 Likes

Can somebody explain what in the name of fuck happened here? My god, we need a patch soon.

4 Likes