HITMAN Freelancer - End Game, and Long Play Discussion

How so?

I thought they were only really bad in 2 since they suddenly were making two games instead of the original plan of one. Had to slap 2’s on existing weapons for new players cause that’s what they could afford quickly.

I hope Merces get some extra use since once you collect all the weapons and tools, well, they are nice tu fill the vault but that’s it.

Regardless, I will keep playing this fo months since the mode is really exciting to play but Merces do need something to keep them useful.

BTW, the unlockable ornamental and hunting themed weapons can be bought back if you miss one of them during a mision?

5 Likes

As I wrote a few days ago, I grew bored of Freelancer pretty quickly.

Then I started to see it as a completionist run and now with a full set of weapons and tools, it plays much better: One free tool per Mission (the Box replaces it afterwards), so always full tool box (and using a duck for example does not hurt as much as before).
Lose a weapon? Does not matter that much, buy it from a vendor in the next mission, his pool is empty except for the lost gun.
Mercers are not an issue anymore.

I still don’t like Freelancer for being too punishing, but I’ll keep playing for challenge and Safehouse completion.

-- that said --

I don’t think we will get “more” for Mercers like new weapons, rooms, cars etc because that would just move the same problem to a later point in time.

Instead, like many others, I would like to see buyable options for single missions. No new ideas here, they have all been mentioned already:

• chose your starting location instead of random
  • starting disguise!
  • un-alert a territory
  • expensive: Easier showndown (less supspects, more clues, …?)

But please no ammunition or other costs in that direction. Don’t take away stuff we already have.

EDIT: 99.999.999 Mercers for that last f♥cking coin in the box!

4 Likes

I dunno, maybe trade Merces for XP at 1 for 1.

That’s simple enough to implement and I’d certainly use it

3 Likes

I tweeted IOI with an idea that I think would be great for this: https://twitter.com/BluntsNBeatz/status/1622583037090312196

Being able to see ‘stats’ for your campaign with various info tracked between levels would be a great way to encourage replaying. Trying to get your time lower based on a ‘time spent’ stat for the campaign, maybe doing a challenge run to complete it with minimal shots with a ‘shots fired’ stat, a ‘times spotted’ so you can try to beat a campaign without being spotted (and actually be able to more easily verify it), non target kill count, number of kills total, number of objectives completed, etc.

Including ‘global stats’ so that your overall accumulations in the mode aren’t just lost. Number of deaths and campaign fails, amount of merces earned/lost, etc. There are challenges for getting a certain number of some things but once you get them there’s no way to keep track of any more you do.

I think it’s a very simple thing to aim for and would go a long way in giving the player the ability to add their own replay value with little investment for the developers. The more info given through it, the more it allows players to come up with their own incentives for replaying the game.

9 Likes

Yes. You can’t permanently lose ANY weapons in Freelancer.

3 Likes

I wish they would add 7DS weapons to the wall, especially since the other paid DLC weapons do appear.

7 Likes

Definitely, for some of the ‘flash guard/target’ objectives, that Serpent’s Tongue would help a lot to do it silently!

5 Likes

Mastery level 100 (which I predict I will reach by some point in mid-2049) should unlock a limitless point shooting ability which players can use in the main campaign, purely so that during The Talented Mr Rieper opportunity in Mendoza you can actually follow up the [fucking brilliant] line, “Yes, you see your mistake?” with some superhuman gunplay skills to take down Vidal and all of her guards before any of them can get a shot off.

I think I would die of happiness.

16 Likes

I second that. Was devastated over the lack of point shooting when I played that opportunity the first time. Heck, even if they only brought it back as a purely contextual action for this one scene, I’d be happy.

9 Likes

This doesn’t make any sense. Leaderboard would only be valid if contracts were exactly the same, but they aren’t. So how could you implement a leaderboard?

Maybe not for time but for other things like:

Fastest to
1000 merces
10000 merces
100000 merces
1000000 merces
Etc

Fastest for catching a fish while fishing lol

Fastest to grab banana, wrench, rusted nail and battery. lol

Whatever else. But can’t for actual time in any of the contracts cuz it’s all random. Wouldn’t be fair for everyone.

8 Likes

I was thinking about more measurable things, such as:

• More syndicate members killed.
  • More syndicate leaders killed.
  • Number of campaign completed.
  • Highest score in the shooting range.
  • More syndicate/leaders killed in specific maps.
2 Likes

I’m a fan of those proposals regarding other uses for Mercers. However, I have also discovered that failing campaigns is a great way to get through that surplus half a million burning a hole in 47’s suit pocket.

11 Likes

Why no Legendary blunt weapon on the wall? We need a 1 slot knock out tool.

I really think the level 100 mastery should be a bigger prize. Like infinite ammo. If not, the weapon sellers should start selling ammo, random tools from within the mission (like Napolian Blownapart), or even pay big money to mark the real leader in Showdowns. Leaving them empty once you have everything is just silly.

9 Likes

Another idea is to be able to store money at the safehouse and take what you want/need for a mission and if you die, you lose what you are carrying. If you leave without finishing contract, then you have to pay money back to the client for not completing it.

3 Likes

btw, am I the only one who’s noticed there’s no Legendary assault rifles at all? I’m still annoyed that ugly desert camo thing is the only silenced Epic one.

5 Likes

Yeah, that annoyed me as well in Freelancer. Assault rifles are the only weapon class that do not have a single legendary weapon sadly! I’d personally have those desert and jungle TAC AR-4s as the legendaries and the black TAC-AR 4 as an epic variant rather than it being rare only.

The TAC-AR 4 Stealth still remains the best silenced assault rifle in my opinion as I like the firing rate when going all rampage mode on guards! Closely followed behind by the TAC-4 S/A because of its insanely high damage per shot against guards.

2 Likes

Ugh, I still want the steady aim perk back for that one…

3 Likes

The RS-15 is also an epic silenced assault rifle, so you can choose it instead of the ugly camo reskin :slight_smile:

SMGs don’t have legendaries either :confused:

2 Likes

The ornamental SMG is legendary.

3 Likes