HITMAN Freelancer - End Game, and Long Play Discussion

Oh right. I always forget that stuff exists :x

1 Like

I miss when it had much better damage from back in the day with Hitman 2016, nowadays when I use it feels like it does like no damage AND is inaccurate and slow firing.

2 Likes

Iā€™m finding that I care less and less now about objectives (prestige or otherwise). I have only the 4 ā€œlong-termā€ challenges left (GOAT, Top Dog, etc.). Trying to power through campaigns in the shortest time possible makes it to where I just donā€™t worry much about whether I complete objectives at all since neither Merces nor Experience matters at this point.

9 Likes

Youā€™ve entered the Grinding phase.

Grinding2

8 Likes

Itā€™s sad isnā€™t it. I feel like this boring part could be fixed if they gave us a reason to make money.

Thatā€™s all it would take.

But as it is, weā€™re now just grinding to get those damn ducks.

6 Likes

Is itā€¦ at all possibleā€¦ that some of you guysā€¦ played this mode too fast and too well? ā€¦

Iā€™m mastery 40, have completed two campaigns, have less than half my wall filled, and have about 20k Merces.

I guess I just die from time to time. Which is probably what most people do, right?

Yā€™all are the 1%. Unfortunately itā€™s hard to balance a game for this top tier of players.

I agree that there should be paid Prestige Objective rerolls, ammo for sale at suppliers, all that stuff. But itā€™s just a bit on the nose to be talking about grinding when you guys blasted through this entire game mode in 3 weeks. Right? Not trying to be a dick here.

For someone like me, who feels like heā€™s been playing Freelancer a lot (itā€™s been all my gaming the past month), progression feels pretty balanced to meā€¦

23 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s a more than fair observation.

Iā€™m not saying the mode is bad - the opposite in fact, Iā€™m really enjoying it. But itā€™s incredibly bugged and thereā€™s plenty of stuff that can be improved, and the entire point of the forum is to talk about that stuff.

6 Likes

100% Agreed. Itā€™s bugged past the point of being funny and into annoying territory. And thereā€™s plenty of room elsewhere for improvement, refinement, and gameplay additions. No pool ball on the pool table?? Come on.

8 Likes

I mean, it doesnā€™t really matter how many weeks it took, itā€™s all about the number of hours. Every time a new game comes out, thereā€™s a few players than can do nothing else but play it for days on end. :flushed:

And a reason to spend it. Like we should have had to buy ammo for guns we use. Purchase furniture and vehicles and anything else (not unlock it). Etc etc.

Money should have had a bigger purpose and focus in the mode. They didnā€™t do that unfortunately and could have made freelancer a much better experience.

3 Likes

tbh I would keep playing if the tools and money would not be lost. Sounds stupid, but that is actually the one thing that changes it for me.

I have everything except for the last three long-term challenges. I guess I will automatically grind them when new content is released.

But right now, for the last few grinds two weeks ago, I just played with max one (single-use) tool per mission - that would get replaced when I come back home.
At this point, losing a campaign or death is not an option. I donā€™t need Mercers anymore, but loosing OVER A MILLION? I know itā€™s stupid because money is worthless now, but simply the psychological reaction to losing that much after grinding it in the beginning makes me insta-quit on the slightest danger. Same thing with tools: It took some time to fill the boxes and while I do not need them, I still see it as a too damn high risk to break my completion.

It is so sad to see, that THE BASE IDEA of Freelancer keeps me from playing: If it wold be simply a randomizer without all that rogue-like bullshā™„t, I would play it all day long. But just, simply and only because of the massive risk of losing, losing, losing, losing so much, I donā€™t play it anymore.

Thatā€™s why I would still beg for a ā€œCasual Modeā€ with simply no fail state punishment other then restarting the mission. Or, ideally, even saving, although that would break leader missions obviously.

4 Likes

This can be easily solved by taking prestige quests arenā€™t luck based.

Donā€™t take prestige quests of silent assassin type which you can lose for a bugged/incomplete AI of an npc target.

Donā€™t take timed prestige quests for the same reason, the one where you need to hide in ā€œcointainersā€ instead can be done, because is not luck based.

Donā€™t take colleteral damage prestige quests because sometimes are bugged.

Donā€™t take arrange meeting prestige quests because sometimes are bugged.

Basically not play hardcore because you can be forced to take a prestige quests luck based.

In this way you will never lose.

Iā€™m at a total of 14 campaigns completed and i think iā€™m at 7-8 campaign in a row iā€™m not losing.

I get discovered various times, but simple this gamemode can be easily dealed killing people, not really a hitman oriented gamemode.

Personally instead iā€™m losing interest in the game for the long term challenges and for the challenges need kill syndicate leaders in a specific way.

Is really boring to play useless boring filler missions in the wait of reaching the showdown.

Iā€™m reached the point where i killed multiple time the same targets in the normal missions, i basically started to play in the same way every time in some maps.

And i not have over 300 hours to play to complete 125 campaigns in a game with so lack of contents and so repetitive.

Yes. I do somewhat regret rushing through it, honestly.

3 Likes

On the polar opposite side of this, losing occasionally is the only thing that keeps this game fresh.

If you die in a Normal mission, itā€™s no big deal - even losing half a million doesnā€™t matter, you can buy back all the tools for 100k max.

But if you die in a showdown and lose all your tools - suddenly itā€™s exciting again, trying to get everything back and trying to play without explosive ducks, making it that bit more difficult.

Youā€™ve save scummed your way out of having fun, my dude. Stop alt + F4ing and have fun.

6 Likes

I definitely did some of that myself too, although I still have about 11 challenges left mostly related to specific kill challenges! Iā€™m glad all the location specific challenges are completed now though since I can just play the maps I like now! :sweat_smile:

I think what I will do is have little bursts every once in a while and switch between games if things get too stale.

Iā€™ve pretty much decided not to grind these last challenges down for now. Iā€™ll get to them eventually as additional content is released or as time goes by and I want to pick the game up for a bit. The last few weeks have been pretty much non-stop Hitman in any moment Iā€™ve had available. It was, frankly, too much. I should have allowed myself a few hours in the evening or on a weekend instead of mainlining it like I did.

4 Likes

I loved my ~8 hrs with HITMAN Freelancer, but I felt that there were enough little bugs and balance issues that I would suspend my continuing with Freelancer until I heard of a Freelancer patch. I found that the three choices for Prestige objectives was sometimes too little, given that most can be timed objectives, which I am not a fan of.

Is there a patch on the way soon?

3 Likes

Pretty sure there are about 5 timed objectives. I donā€™t think thatā€™s really ā€œmostā€ but I get what youā€™re saying.

Of the top of my head, Iā€™ve seen:

Headshot - Legendary weapon
Katana Kill
Shuriken Kill
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin Suit Only
Silent Assassin No Firearms *
Timed Kill
Timed Get Disguise
Timed Hide & Seek *
Timed Pacify Suspect
Timed Silent Take Down
Sniper Kill - Epic
SMG Kill - Epic
Assault Rifle Kill - Epic
Melee Kill - Epic
Rare Melee Silent Take Down
Silenced Pistol Kill
Unsilenced Pistol Kill
Fiber Wire Kill
Poison Kill
Collateral Kill - Accident
Collateral Kill - Firearm
Collateral Kill - Explosive

Seems like way less than ā€œmostā€ are timed to me.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve not seen this once - though it does get mentioned in a challenge.

I donā€™t recall what the actual challenge is called, but you have to hide in a box or closet every couple minutes. I see it somewhat regularly.