Hitman III PS4 with PS5 Purchase?

Hey, guys! I preordered Deluxe Edition for the PS5, but I read you also get it for the previous consoles, in this case PS4 (to get the VR compatibility), when you buy a digital edition of the newer consoles. Is this still true? I recently read it’s the opposite, viz., you get the newer console, PS5 Edition, for purchasing the older console, PS4 version. Which is correct, or are they both right?

You get both versions whether you buy the PS4 version or the PS5 version.

2 Likes

ZeroGravitas is completely right; just to give you additional peace of mind, here’s the relevant section from IOI - I’ve collated the relevant information for you and summarised it in the first two paragraphs - everything in bold is to give you a succinct answer, with additional text included for context. You can also check the official IOI page I’ve linked for anything else: HITMAN 3 - Pre-Launch Guide - IO Interactive

Next-gen Upgrade

Console players who pre-order or purchase a physical or digital copy of HITMAN 3 (either Standard or Deluxe) on the current generation of consoles (PS4/Xbox One), will receive a free upgrade to the next-gen version of the game for no additional cost. Note that you won’t be able to receive the next-gen upgrade if you purchase HITMAN 3 on disc and you own a disc-free next gen console.

To make sure all PS VR owners can experience the game in VR, we’re including a free digital copy of the PS4 version of HITMAN 3 with all PS5 copies, whether you choose to buy it via disc or digital.

In case you have VR, here’s additional info:

Day One Patch
HITMAN 3 will require a day one patch for all disc users. The day one patch will be automatically applied to digital players. This patch will include access to the VR mode for PlayStation users and will include the remaining locations that are not included on the disc.

Further detailed information for your reference regarding the PS4/PS5 and Xbox:

When making a digital purchase, you will automatically be entitled to download the next-gen version when you access the game on that console.

When making a physical disc purchase, you’ll need to insert the current gen disc into your next gen console and you’ll be able to download the next-gen version for no additional cost. Simply keep the disc in your machine whenever you want to play and you’ll be good to go.

You can either play HITMAN 3 in PS VR natively on your PS4 or via backward compatibility on PS5.

If you are playing on PS5, your progress between the PS4 (VR) and PS5 (non-VR) versions is shared between the two versions. You’ll be able to play the non-VR version of HITMAN 3 on PS5 with the next-gen improvements that we support (including Dual Sense support!) and then switch to the PS4 version for VR and all of your items and unlocks will be right there waiting for you. You will need to have both versions of the game installed on your PS5 to make that happen.

5 Likes

Are you 100% sure? I know you can upgrade, but don’t know if you can downgrade.

Edit.

Never mind, it is, but only because:

To make sure all PS VR owners can experience the game in VR, we’re including a free digital copy of the PS4 version of HITMAN 3 with all PS5 copies, whether you choose to buy it via disc or digital.

Done and I upgraded ( :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:) my post

I sure did :joy:

2 Likes

See the message I wrote above - it looks like you posted yours at the same time so you might not have seen it.

1 Like

Looking forward to the game release! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the replies, especially @DarkNternal. Really appreciate it! Follow up question: How do I start downloading (since today’s the preload) on my PS4, since I only purchased for PS5 as of now?

You’re very welcome!

I can’t confirm if you can preload a physical disc purchase for PS4/PS5, only a digital disc purchase.

All you need to do is pre-order the game through the PlayStation Store. Also make sure that you keep the PS4 in standby mode when you’re not using it, so the console will download the necessary files during this downtime. You’ll know that your PS4 is in standby mode if the light running along the top is glowing yellow.

You can go to your PS4 Library Purchases and you’ll see the option to download/preload the game. Also, you can go to store.playstation.com - click on My Playstation and check the Games Library / Purchased / Download list and see if the option is there. You’ll need to have activated your PS4 to your account which I’m sure you’ve likely already done.

https://library.playstation.com/recently-purchased

Here’s a link for that just in case: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Activating-your-PlayStation-4-System-as-your-Primary-PS4

Here is the relevant information for preloading the game to your PS4 - guide for PS4 and PS5:

How to pre-order content from PlayStation™Store?

You can pre-order some products on PlayStation Store before they are released — search for the game and select Pre-Order . You will be charged, and the pre-order will appear in your Library and online Games , but will only be available for download after the release date.

Here’s another guide with screenshots for additional clarity: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-pre-install-pre-ordered-playstation-4-game

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/games/pre-order-games-automatic-download-ps-store/

1 Like

Have the ps5 disc with code for ps4 vr game but it did not seem to work. Redeemed code but it seems to have only downloaded a 912mb vr file not the full ps4 game. How can I get this to work?

1 Like

I appreciate your help! @DarkNternal I actually did exactly what you described :joy: But didn’t notice your response. Thanks again for the lengthy and detailed answers! Happy playing…

1 Like

Read answers above… try logging into your PSN account online or on the app and then going to “My Game Library” otherwise informally called “Purchases” and seeing if the PS4 edition of Hitman 3 is there. If so, press download, and it will automatically start downloading the game to your connected PS4(s). Cheers!

you’re welcome @DiesIrae19, I’m glad you were able to sort it out! Enjoy playing Hitman 3, the new graphics and mechanics look great!

1 Like

You as well! And I think the term you’re looking for is WICKED GOOD, lol!

1 Like