Hitman Mission Championship - Heat III

Dubai - On Top of the World [19]
Dartmoor - Death in the Family [18]
Berlin - Apex Predator [19]
Chongqing - End of an Era [12] +1
Mendoza - The Farewell [20]
Carpathian Mountains - Untouchable [6] -2

2 Likes

There was a mistake. End of the Era should be at 12 now.

Same for Untouchable. Should be at 6 now.

Dubai - On Top of the World [20] +1
Dartmoor - Death in the Family [18]
Chongqing - End of an Era [12]
Carpathian Mountains - Untouchable [4] -2

8 Likes

Dubai - On Top of the World [20]
Dartmoor - Death in the Family [16] -2
Chongqing - End of an Era [13] +1
Carpathian Mountains - Untouchable [4]

2 Likes

Wow, Untouchable has taken quite a beating. Though I’m not surprised I think it was inevitable it was always gonna go

Dubai - On Top of the World [20]
Dartmoor - Death in the Family [17] +1
Chongqing - End of an Era [11] -2
Carpathian Mountains - Untouchable [4]

2 Likes

Dubai - On Top of the World "*[21]+1**
Dartmoor - Death in the Family [17]
Chongqing - End of an Era [11]
Carpathian Mountains - Untouchable [2]-2

I knew Chongqing was going to be a bit dissappointing, but I didn’t expect it to go down this fast.
Great, now Chinqong is forever immortalised in this post.

2 Likes

You forgot to substract two points from Untouchable.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Dubai - On Top of the World [21]
Berlin - Apex Predator [20] +1
Chongqing - End of an Era [11]
Carpathian Mountains - Untouchable [0] -2

3 Likes

"Not only is untouchable touched, but also beaten up, tortured and brutally executed by those savages at Hitman forum. "

The lack of missions in Hitman 3 is going to make the rest of this heat very interesting (either that or Chongqing follows the same path as Untouchable).

6 Likes

I fear Chongqing is done for, it’s got too many enemies, but no lie, it’s my favorite of H3. I literally had a beautiful dream about it.

I feel it suffers too much from expectations people had of it beforehand. I went in with no expectations and was just amazed with both the atmosphere and possibilities. The soundtrack, the rain, the way it progresses the story, a look inside the ICA. The Block and the Facility both offer a good challenge, and your targets can be mainpulated into coming out of hiding, and even coming together. Always a plus. Great sniper map in general, with even some target practice on the drones. Throwbacks to Hitman: Codename 47. All downvoted in a rush.

On the other hand, Death in the Family gets too much credit. Barely populated hostile map with mostly uninspired NPC routes. The murder mystery is the only thing that makes it stand apart but is non-replayable as the real culprit is always the same. You can’t even disguise as the butler. Meh.

4 Likes

tenor

If this was a populated hostile map then it would have been Colorado MKII(and nobody would have wanted that).Creating a barely populated hostile map was a better decision imo because it makes infiltration much more fun and it also fits better the sad atmosphere of this level.

Could you explain this a bit more?

That’s true,but it is just one mission story so what did you expect? :slightly_smiling_face:
It still has 3 outcomes in terms of kill methods(pushing Alexa over the balcony,making Alexa commit suicide,making Emma poison Alexa) and the 3 outcomes in terms of dialogue(blaming Emma,blaming the butler,blaming Zachary).

I personally don’t think so…
→ The many pipes,ladders,open windows and secret passages make the infiltration unique.
→ The family meeting changes the routes of NPCs(including Alexa’s as well)
→ In the main mission you can choose between picking up the case file and picking up the tokens.

3 Likes

Dubai - On Top of the World [21]
Berlin - Apex Predator [18] -2

4 Likes

This is gonna become a real battle of attrition :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: one step forward, two back

I think Chongqing is destined to leave, but might take a while

1 Like

The friends of Chongqing should concert their efforts in voting down the same mission, otherwise it doesn’t stand a chance. I think Chongqing has more fans than many other missions, considering the amount of people who upvoted it.

Most NPC’s are static or have a very limited patrolling range. All of the unique NPC’s, who are interesting because of their unique visual features, have either boring or no routes at all. Yes, the family meeting and photo opp lets you play around with it a bit, but still the result is rather lacking. If you’d look at the map with a birdseye view you would not only see very few people, but those people would show very little movement to top it off.

But you are right, this is just, like, my opinion :-p Really not a fan of this mission, it strayed a bit too far from what Hitman is for me. The only thing I really like about it is the mysterious atmosphere after you completed all mission objectives. And you make a good point about map structure and climbable pipes. But all of the maps in H3 are splendid swiss cheese structures. (aside from the train who’s already out)

4 Likes

That’s the way to play the game :wink: while I want Chongqing to go out, I would suggest Dartmoor as your target, because it appears to be the map most seem at least ambivalent about (at least from my point of view)

I wouldn’t necessarily say that (it is losing after all) but it’s definitely a polarising map. People either love or hate it, it seems.

Also maps that are doing poorly tend to inspire ‘defence’ votes that high ranking maps don’t. Like barely anyone has vote for Mendoza yet coz it’s sitting pretty safe at 20. There’s no need to vote for it

Again, props to @Silvereyes for making such a fun and engaging forum game :green_heart:

5 Likes

Dubai - On Top of the World [19]-2
Berlin - Apex Predator [18]
Chongqing - End of an Era [13] +1

Berlin - Apex Predator [19] +1
Chongqing - End of an Era [13]
Mendoza - The Farewell [18] -2

Btw what did TDY stand for in the last thread?

1 Like

Think Deadly

2 Likes

Shhh!Don’t give Chongqing fans ideas…:shushing_face:
Anyways,I wouldn’t say Dartmoor is the only controversial map though because Dubai creates pretty mixed feelings as well.:thinking:

1 Like

Dartmoor - Death in the Family [18] +1
Chongqing - End of an Era [11] -2
Mendoza - The Farewell [18]

3 Likes

Dartmoor - Death in the Family [16] -2
Mendoza - The Farewell [18]