Hitman Sniper: The Shadows

The situation is kinda unclear and I’m not legal expert, so maybe the situation is a bit more complex, idk. I think IO has exclusive rights on the HITMAN IP (only them can use it but the trademark is still owned by SE).

And Square can use the Hitman Sniper® trademark :

5 Likes

I knew about this new sniper hitman game. I’ll play it, but I really don’t like mobile games and I don’t like the Hitman Sniper formula (that of the first mobile game). I always hope that they remaster those missions for consoles, in the same formula of sniper missions in WoA, but I know that this will never happen

1 Like

So… does this mean SE regrets dumping IO for that Avengers flop if they’ve decided to start using the IP again?

1 Like

FULL CONTROL :sunglasses:

22 Likes

Full control of the Hitman IP, but they outsource/lend the IP to SE Montreal which isn’t inherently bad.

1 Like

lore kernels

• Diana doesn’t work exclusively with 47

• This has to have taken place before Sgail, in order for Diana to be in good enough standing with the ICA that she’s given other agents to handle

• Holy shit Diana is not shy about expecting perfection from her other agents. That must be intimidating af

15 Likes

Feels more like this is gonna have a similar story set-up as the elusive targets - extra missions not connected to the ongoing plot, which I think works fine.

Diana has a whole briefing presentation ready but they’re all nah we just do whatever jobs come our way

1 Like

Sounds like some players I know to be honest - just skip the briefing and jump straight into the level. :wink:

Two threads about this game :grimacing: and this one got more messages in less time :pensive:

What a great location this could have been…
image_2021-03-18_205703

4 Likes

Makes me wonder if platfoms’ and mobile IPs are different things or Square Enix pays some loyalty to IOI for using trademark name…

1 Like

4 Likes
Images of the targets:

4 Likes

Not sure why, but this photo really screams mobile game lol.

2 Likes

Thought that each agent had their very own handler, just like each Providence Operatives have an assigned Herald :thinking:

1 Like

All of them from the “Lodge” location, so there will be more in the future

1 Like

So after analyzing UI and menu sprites, it’s understandable why people already hate the game for its soon to come micro-transactions, and that’s pretty much the “core” of the game outside its gameplay,
you get to have two different currency, coins (most likely being the one you gain while playing) and diamonds (most likely being the paid one) and with these you can buy lootboxes of different rarities (you can also get some for free) and each of them contain weapon pieces of different rarities as well,
there also seems to be weapon abilities, which are either granted by the played character or by the weapon parts you own on your sniper
The game is also multiplayer so PvP included, and there seems to be a “reputation” system for which I didn’t understand the purpose yet

I don’t normally play these mobile games, but it’s pretty cool to see Knight and Stone back.

I thought at first they were just going to be forgotten about.

Can’t beat 47 though.

7 Likes

I guess we’ll see how good it is when it’s released :man_shrugging:

Is there any way to access the alpha in the US?