Hitman wishlist

Make this the main menu theme again for Hitman 3

14 Likes

Also, use the 2016 map background for the loading screen. (I get jealous whenever I see someone using the PC mod.) Or at least have something more interesting than a wall of grey.

6 Likes

ideally, iā€™d like the map layout to be seen while loading a mission. or maybe not just the targets themselves but also their bio

2 Likes

I want reduced storage and more streamlined package contents. By that I mean that I donā€™t want to have each legacy location as itā€™s own add on, just one big ā€œHitman Legacy Packā€ and ā€œHitman 2 Legacy Pack.ā€ Also thereā€™s a few costumes and such that can be put under one heading.
When it comes to storage, Hitman 2 and all the add ons are 100GB+. I really hope they can optimize some stuffā€”like the special assignmentsā€”to reduce the space.

as much as i like the 2016 main theme, i want something like the Contracts theme for H3 :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Something I think would be cool is to have briefcases that do different things. In H2, which the exception of the homing briefcase, all the briefcases are just reskins that all function identically. It would be cool if the different cases had different perks. These could be things such as:

• A briefcase with a secret compartment that can hide one small item; meaning it canā€™t be detected during a frisk. Useful for smuggling things such as pistols or knives. For balancing, the drawback could be that the briefcase cannot be used to store large items such as sniper rifles or the bankā€™s data core.

• A briefcase that has a gun built into it. The gun can be fired from the caseā€™s handle like a machine gun. Sounds ridiculous, but these things actually exist. The downside would probably be that it canā€™t actually be used to store anything (since the concealed gun would occupy most of the interior). It also cannot be taken through frisk zones for obvious reasons.

• A briefcase that can switch between having the usual non-lethal melee/throw to having a lethal melee/throw. This could be done by, say, having blades extend out from the case when a certain button is pressed. It would be an illegal item when in its bladed form. The downside would probably be similar to the gun case, in that the concealed weapons prevent item storage, as well as passing through frisk zones while holding the case.

I have no idea how balanced these would actually be, but these are only spitball ideas. Itā€™s a shame having so many briefcases and having all of them do the same thing; thereā€™s definitely potential for interesting items there.

12 Likes

I will never stop beating this drum, until itā€™s included into the series again. Targets who can fight back, at the moment gone are the days of targets like the Praetorians, Saints, Lee Hong and many other.

Personally I felt with the newest trilogy that a lot of the tension surrounding targets is gone, they been reduced to glorified civilians in their secure castles.

20 Likes

I agree completely. I think General Zaydan, Maya Parvati, Sean Rose, Rico Delgado, The Maelstrom, and Nolan Cassidy should all have guns. Thereā€™s literally no reason for them to not have guns since theyā€™re all military, mercenaries and/or dangerous criminals.

I get that IOI donā€™t want the targets to be chasing after you since itā€™s supposed to be you going after them, but thereā€™s no reason why they wouldnā€™t take pot shots at you as theyā€™re running away or if you have them cornered.

10 Likes

i like that one target in Hantu Port with the katana. and he can kill the people we have to save.

maybe in H3 theres a target with a melee, and if they alerted of you they can kill you. maybe it locks you into a cutscene if they get too close or something

2 Likes

The target can insta-kill you? Theyā€™re supposed to be scared of you, not the other way round. That said, I definitely think they should bring back melee users in these games. It canā€™t be that hard to code in.

1 Like

Actually forgot about him, so rarely I played the sniper mini game.

Maybe that person is the offspring of Lee Hong, technically making he/she a brother/sister.

1 Like

maybe, since Chongqing seems to have a few C47 references

2 Likes

Then 47 can go ā€œAnother Brother? from another motherā€

1 Like

Or, at the very least, fight back if you attack them in CQC.

2 Likes

and elevators please!

This main theme is soo great, I am so sad they replaced it. :((

4 Likes

I just donā€™t get why people seem so hyped about having elevators. The one potential kill method for a little room that goes up and down hardly seems worth the trouble to code it into the game.

5 Likes

Are you saying that the Hitman fan base is obsessed with trivial things and will rant about them on end? you are absolutely right and I love our community for being as passionate as they are about small things. That outsiders who looks in might look sceptical at and not even understand the appeal.

In essence Hitman is built around odd and small gameplay loops that outside the franchise seems counter intuitive, itā€™s part of what makes the series unique.

However there is more to elevators then just a tiny kill box that goes up and down. Having them in certain levels also makes the level more believable, itā€™s another method of killing among many. It enriches the gameplay experience and creates a form of tension, that it also traps you inside and if fail, then itā€™s over.

10 Likes

I donā€™t know about the fan base but I know that were I an actual hit man, Iā€™d take the stairs 10 out of 10 times. I have absolutely no interest in having a working elevator in the game.

If you where an actually Hitman, you wouldnā€™t have 5 fathers and be the echo of eugenics.

also comparing to what one would do in reality is kinda silly, since this is wish fulfilment and not a simulator.

1 Like