Hitman World of Assassination - 3.140 - January 26th Patch Notes

I really want them to revert their change to the Featured Main Menu. It looks so boring now, and the Live tab is very empty. I liked having an interesting landing page when the game started up.

7 Likes

Textures seem to behave differently. I’ve never had pop-in but now it happens everywhere from the environment to 47 himself.

4 Likes

Today I played for the first time the seven deadly sins cause I buyed the DLC and the texture of the peacock suit is blurred and loses quality every time you change camera like if you use a sniper rifle or the phone etc. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve now also had broken lighting inside the morgue in Hokkaido, most color is missing and it’s almost completely gray. It doesn’t look like less saturation but broken lighting.

4 Likes

I guess this is programming/bug fixing in a nutshell, but I just saw that they simply re-mapped the button to hide the camera hud to the melee button (instead of interact)

I guess making it not interfere with door prompts was way more trouble than its worth :laughing:

4 Likes

So what about the mastery unlock weapons. Do they stay regardless now, or can you buy them from vendors when lost like Melusca mentions? I won’t have time to play the game till tomorrow or Monday, but this is something that I’d like to have clarified.

2 Likes

If you lose the weapons, they’ll eventually show up for purchase from the suppliers so you can always re-obtain them

5 Likes

Ok, good to know. Cheers.

3 Likes

But… that’s kinda stupid? When I read the changelog I was happy to hear that this was changed, but the way you explain it we are still on “it’s only save when you don’t use it”…

Back then the problem was that careful players with a wish for completion would never use valuable items out of fear of losing them - so this is still present more or less unchanged :confused:

5 Likes

Yeah because IOI want this sense of danger to still stay, all the non collectible freelancer tools disappear when you fail a campaign even if you didn’t bring those with you, so yeah this is an improvement that doesn’t defeat the purpose of this game mode, and i think they did this with the tools because are the most op gadgets of 47.

4 Likes

Even if the items are lost, they can always be regained. That’s why you want to have as many Merces as possible when playing.

2 Likes

Yes, I know… But back in the CTT this was my biggest complaint and it is a bit depressing that the supposed change did not change that at all…

My feedback back then was:

An option would have been to make all previously found items purchasable in the safe house.

A perfect example for you: If you only have one sniper rifle, you could end up losing it for some reason and then not have it in the next mission - because maybe the merchant does not offer one. This is basically my thought process: “what if I need it in the next mission?” and therefore never using it

4 Likes

Hey, I blame stuff like that on the rest of the Hitman community. Everyone wanted different playstyles, to not have to worry about SA so much, and to have different challenges, and IOI gave us exactly that. It’s not what I wanted, or expected; after watching the first video announcing Freelancer, I expected something closer to a computer generated Contracts mode where you could kill any target any way you wanted, none of these fucking objectives anywhere, and you only lose weapons you have on you when you die or leave them behind, none of this losing the whole campaign takes it away crap. We could also enter a map from a point of our choosing and had access to our full arsenal and outfits just like in the main campaign before beginning; none of that either. I’m disappointed with how the end product turned out, even though it’s still extremely fun; but everyone else wanted stuff like this and now we have it.

2 Likes

In general geometry seems to change right in front of the player now, it’s like the mipmapping is completely wrong.

1 Like

Following on from the release of Freelancer should we expect a February roadmap with a full months content for the regular game? Or do we think they’ll leave it a month or so.

4 Likes

I don’t like new main screen with Diana artwork which don’t fit to whole theme. Why not just like a that instead? It’s about 47 not Diana.

8 Likes

I agree. Indeed, I wish they’d kept the image of 47 we had in H3 for that, but even that one is better than showing Diana. Diana’s important to the story, sure, but she only really becomes a focus toward the end. If you’re not gonna show 47 in that frame, then it should be Grey or Edwards instead.

1 Like

What’s the point of adding contract mode 2.0 with career? You have already Contracts for that. Freelancer is NEW mode. I’ll repeat a NEW GAMEPLAY. After 2k hours of playing time I don’t expect to another this same gameplay. and that’s why I think Freelancer is one of best things what happened in this game. At last we can just play whatever we want. Wanna leaderboards with forcing SA? You have contracts, escalations and arcade. What’s a point of adding more of that same?! No matter how I love this game it’s started be boring.

For me personally Freancer is a new era for this franchise. I expect that next game will go this way.

One thing what I don’t like that whole progress don’t add any value to gameplay besides pure cosmetics in safehouse. It’s great but when I grind progress I expect some enhancements which help me in missions. Few ideas: black market where we could buy equipment in safehouse, buy new starting locations or outfits. Anything that could help this grindy experience to be little easier over time.

3 Likes

The randomization and ability to choose the order, plus the showdown missions, are all the “new” that’s needed. This whole thing of items and Merces being lost, and the objectives being thrown in for the greater accumulation, and the fact that we have to rebuild and incomplete arsenal and have an incomplete wardrobe and can’t control where we start a mission…

Man, fuck the new era. What was good before wasn’t broken, there was no need to try something new as if it needed fixing.

2 Likes

I haven’t played non-Freelancer to see if it’s a global change or just in Freelancer - but I’ve noticed that when you have both the Sieker and the Kalmer in your inventory - they don’t provide an extra dart to each other like they always have.

11 Likes