HMF Featured Contracts Proposal (Season of Pride)

My own two cents: community is important and never a burden and DMs we receive are never seen as a waste of time.

I’m hopeful that our efforts have consistently shown that we listen, follow the community trends and find ways to react, even if not directly. The 12 days of Contracts is another example of how we’re happy to jump onboard and support our communities ideas and initiatives.

I also thought that Pride was a good way to reintroduce some community contracts back into the game, not least because we (IOI) are proud of the community that we have; the creativity, passion and knowledge of our games never fails to amaze us.

Unfortunately, I’m not here right now to say that this is what’s going to happen. It’s a matter of timing and we haven’t properly started to look at some of the finer details of what’s to come next season. The content teams are set, but the FC’s and roadmaps etc are created on the back of all of that content being locked.

I guess, long story short… Community content creators are awesome and still part of our plans and thoughts, even if the curators have not spanwed from the forum like they have for the past two games. I just wanted to add a quick note on this, rather than wait until we have something very specific to say about it.

39 Likes

One other thing; I’ve been doing a lot more ‘back-end’ work and planning since the game’s launch, which has meant that I’ve not been as active as I would have liked in forums, Reddit etc.

Hoping that I can jump in a bit more frequently and add some thoughts and comments on what’s being discussed when it’s hot. This is one of those times.

33 Likes

Appreciate the comment Travis, even though there’s nothing official to say on the subject yet :green_heart:

11 Likes

Well while we have you here what’s the last Featured Contract unlock? :eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

edit: unverified sources are claiming that it’s the WiFi Password.

4 Likes

12 Likes

Various claims state it is the Lethal Poison Phone

1 Like

Says this then 10 seconds later punks the discord :joy:

15 Likes

Little does he know. Any post from Travis or Clemens is never a waste of time and we will wait patiently like a dog waiting for it’s owner to return home.

3 Likes

Update, my owner never came

12 Likes

they must not love you, you should find a new home.

I know what he feels

Is that y u angy or y they left? :thinking:

1 Like

Back to topic: We could always just try one method or the other. Start with how many likes a contract gets and if that doesn’t work out switch to a board selection.
Even if IOI doesn’t pick up our first batch (or the second and third) we’ll get some more curated contracts worthy to play.

1 Like

SOON™

for legal reasons, this is a joke :wink:

13 Likes

I really like this idea, even as a completely unofficial, forum-exclusive event :+1:

Maybe if @TheContractor was the first curator, he could decide on a theme, and we all submit contracts.

His favourite becomes the next seasons curator?

We could even shorten seasons to 2 weeks if you wanted to quickly cycle through curators and themes

Appreciate the vote of confidence :wink: but personally I’m not a fan of a the idea of a single curator, I think it plays even more into people’s issues of bias and favouritism. I think a selection of people or simple Like system would appeal more

1 Like

Yes, yes. Do it! Anything to get community featured contracts back!

I can’t stand the new ones anymore.

2 Likes

I’m sitting on a few non food related contracts I made and I think they are a step up from what I submitted during HITMAN 2 so I’m eager to share them with the forum.

Oh, I think Ruddy will definitely be abstaining for a while.

6 Likes

Ole ruddy is getting their choking hand ready to release contracts next month.

https://youtu.be/pIk_sKq3hJs

4 Likes