How will the shutdown of Stadia affect the availability of the exclusive items in the future?

With the recent announcement of stadia closing down will we see them come to the main game?

5 Likes

Good question.

@Travis_IOI @Clemens_IOI please comment

8 Likes

I hope the Stadia suit, Stadia briefcase, and Stadia rubber duck all come to the other platforms now that Stadia is being shut down.

It was weird that Stadia was the only system to get three exclusive items instead of just the one suit.

I especially like the suit.

6 Likes

I wonder if IO will create a way for Stadia players to transfer their progress to another platform if they repurchase it somewhere else, or if they’re just shit out of luck and will have to completely start over from square one…

5 Likes

Given IOI’s…selective…saving rules for save transfers, It could go either way.

7 Likes

Damn, I unlocked everything on Stadia, sniper maps and all! :smile:

8 Likes

Another flaw of an always online service is not having a physical storage space for saves and the game to always come back to hint hint IO

4 Likes

Hopefully modders on PC find a way to partially preserve it.

4 Likes

…the game saves both online and offline saves to your hard drive, and then transfers those online saves over to their servers, so that burn is not as devastating as I think you intended. And the game can be played offline, crappily, but it can. So please stop trying to make it sound like you can’t, as that is very misleading and flatly untrue.

Hitman 3 is not The Crew or any of the other truly online games; it has an offline mode and if the online servers die, then H3 will still be playable; That hasn’t changed. And while the offline mode needs revamping, I don’t think trying to say “Offline mode doesn’t exist at all” is the way to go about it.

If you’re talking about the Stadia Port itself, that’s not gonna happen. If you’re talking about items, well I can neither confirm nor deny anything about that.

If you’re talking about H3 in general, there are already many efforts trying to do exactly that (Peacock being one of them).

The unlocks are already on PC, all of them in fact not just the Stadia ones, so it’s just a matter of making them unlockable there but that only depends on IO, we will see soon enough

3 Likes

Saying the game is playable offline is very disingenuous, you can never unlock anything new and you don’t even get a score.

4 Likes

Assuming there is a deal between IOI and Stadia for these items, we still have almost 3 months until they CAN become available. Considering Stadia shuts down a couple days before Hitman 3 Year 3 starts (or, the second anniversary of Hitman 3), I’d imagine they would release them with an update on the 20th of January 2023 :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:.

3 Likes

If that even is a thing.

Something something progression linked to IOI account. Something something savepoints are “offline”.

As Luiluix said, all items are in the game already. Some people are trying to preserve Stadia contracts.

Tweet from IOI in the past few minutes:

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1575818132492636162

12 Likes

Yeah I just posted the above. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

…It is though. There’s still a difference between “no offline mode” and a “bad offline mode”. That’s not being disingenuous at all. If anything, you’re conflating the two to mean the same thing, which they don’t, and that’s just ignoring facts.

I don’t like the offline mode being as barebones as it is, but i’m not gonna try and say it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Any word on if EGS saves and/or DLC can transfer over to Steam anytime soon?

You know, for platform equality instead of selective choosing when things like this happen.

2 Likes

Hats off to IOI for trying to see what they can do

5 Likes

rip stadia players it sucks to see go credits to ioi they trying to make it better for them

2 Likes

6 Likes