ICA Electrocution Phone removed from HITMAN 3

Yeah I forgot all about that. It is concealable in New York as the Easter egg… IIRC.

I think this is the right decision. I’m sure all the proposed fixes are quite difficult to implement. Do you guys remember that IOI couldn’t even fix the Kalmer bug?
It is very easy for you to suggest fixes that will take a lot of work and will most likely break something else. It’s much easier to admit that this phone was a mistake and remove it from the game.

that’s the problem on their part, isn’t it?

1 Like

It was definitely poorly balanced and needed adjustments, but I have a selfish reason for liking its inclusion anyway. Suspect this may have been the case for plenty of others as well.

I just couldn’t be bothered repeating my first-time efforts for beating Elusive Targets in Hitman 2 given so many of them were previous ones from Season 1.

The grind to complete Legacy maps again kind of burned me out, leaving less time for 2’s levels and unlocks, so this item was a great convenience to helping alleviate that.

1 Like

It’s too bad they’re removing a fun gadget only to please a part of the community who is speedrunning!

They should’ve tweaked it as non-accidental kill or electric tool but not completely remove it fom the game :roll_eyes:

Yes some people abused this simple and efficient tool to get easy SA. But still, it was a fun item useful for testing purposes and even if OP it definitely had its place in this singleplayer game :confused:

6 Likes

I’m both kind of surprised and not. Finding a way to balance it amongst all the other items you unlock across the three games probably wasn’t worth the effort. Fun concept and it was sometimes nice to just cheese a target, but I can definitely see why it was scrapped.

It is concealable everywhere but it’s supposed to be bringwithable too.

What are you talking about? I mean if you’re on a payphone or messing with a project, that’s plausible as an accident. A bald guy giving you a phone and then you dying is not an accident.

Plus the phone has TONS of uses if it wasn’t lethal. It’s a distraction, it can ignite propane flasks, it can light up puddles. It’s as useful as the taser and is also legal, and you wouldn’t call the taser useless.

have you read my replies :confused: ? i never argued with that. moreover, i explicitly called that a good idea

are you seriously trying to justfiy game mechanics with real life logic? first, you don’t give a phone to anybody, you just throw it for them to find. second, even if that wasn’t the case, why can’t it be an accident? remember those samsung phones blowing up a few years ago? third, a bald man pouring something from a vial that has “poison” written on it into a drink and then serving it is surely not an accident too then, is it?

once again, why do you think changing a fundamental mechanic of accident kills for the sake of a not-so-useful lethal gadget isn’t a terrible idea?

The whole point of accidents are to have plausible deniability. Falling off a balcony, a chandelier falling on you, etc.

It’d be changing one thing: that electric tasers and phones need puddles to be accidents. Tasers have completely trivialised guard Contracts so this would balance those and also introduce a new item.

The phone would still be super useful. It lets you kill a target remotely without collateral. That’s huge! If a target goes somewhere alone that’s a great way of slotting in a kill for your route.

EMP Charge. You welcome.

EMP is illegal to throw. The E-Phone isn’t.

1 Like

Yeah, but that’s not good enough reason to put in a ton of effort to fix phone

Good riddance. I like the idea of having cheat items that invalidate rating/score though.

well, no. blowing up a chandelier, for example, is not possible deniability but that still counts. and you haven’t adressed any of these arguments

so, changing the whole rule of any electrocution kill being an accident? how would you communicate that to people? imagine a new player using this phone for the first time and then thinking none of the electrical kills are accidents. it’s as dumb as if sniper rifle kills didn’t penalise bodies found but pistol kills did

The Electrocution Phone was very much a controversial edition to the item roster in HITMAN 3 especially with its balance.

I don’t think a nerf to the item would be doable if the game couldn’t differentiate between a electric accident kill and a electric non accident kill.

Unlike explosions which can differ between illegal and not illegal simply by which items you use. Electric kills don’t share that same scripting from what it seems.

It’s a overpowered item, that’s undeniable. It’s a get out of jail free card especially for the more prestigious challenges such as Elusive Targets under the proper A.I manipulation.

With that being said it should be acknowledge that we now don’t know the extent of Mastery Levels for things like New York since it removed it from the game.

Im not upset at this at all. I think it will force players to improve how they play instead of relying on crutch items.

3 Likes

it’s 20 now. and for whittleton creek too

Well yea, the point being since it’s now 20 and that the phone is removed we don’t know the full extend of New York now in terms of mastery.

1 Like

But sniper kills from the Kashmirian count as accidents. So it’s not unprecedented. Isn’t the whole point of Hitman to learn how the systems work? Like a rubber duck isn’t an accident but a propane flask is. The logic is that environmental kills are accidents but equipment kills aren’t (with the exceptions of poison).

Oh you’re right they should instead focus on all the new features they’re giving us- oh wait.

Yeah it’s in the end better that it’s removed than for it to still be here. Then again the tasers are still here I heard so why couldn’t they just do what I’ve heard other people suggest and make guards confiscate the phone? In fact making the sieker illegal would make that more challenging to use ala the snipers.