ICA Electrocution Phone removed from HITMAN 3

I think it would be good if we got a Remote EMP Device MkII as a replacement. You can never have too many of those things in your loadout - one to take out the security cameras, and one to ignite your carefully thrown propane flask, for instance.

well, that one kinda makes sense since it’s not you who does it. but i see your point better now. however, making more inconsistently complicated systems is not a good way to make the game more enjoyable

but i’d still rather other ideas like koing to be the way they fix it. or just removing it

Not really sure if I like the end of the EP. Was a nice gimmick for some contracts but way overpowered during the missions.
Was nice to have a truly unique item and not just more of the same (with stickers). Will be interesting to see what items we’ll get in H3. Maybe a nerfed substitute for the EP?

1 Like

Alright man I’m glad we understand eachother better. Maybe they’ll reintroduce it as a more balanced item in post launch content. Maybe there will be tons of cool new tools to use and we’ll forget about the phone like a bad dream. Or maybe they’ll introduce a lethal poison gun and the cycle will start all over again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Who knows

1 Like

Perfectly fine with it being removed as it was ridiculously OP and made speedrunning a lot more boring .

Ideally it should have been nerfed by doing the following:

Electric shock from the phone no longer kills unless the target is stepping on a puddle. If they aren’t stepping on a puddle, it merely results in a accidental knockout.

With this it could still have some usefulness while not being OP

6 Likes

It was a fun item and I’m going to miss it, but I can see why it’s been done and personally I do think it’s for the best for the spirit of the game. Plus electrocution kill contracts will finally be viable again :grin:

My only issues are:

• Hitman is a single player game so weapon balance isn’t really an issue. Therefore removing items for that reason is a little foolish. I know the leaderboards are technically a competitive area of the game, but most aren’t interested in the scoreboards

• Some good contracts have been built around the electrophone and losing them is a bit sad. But there’s are already loads of great contracts lost to time so that’s just par for the course

But really in terms of content losses we’ve had through WOA though electro phone is only a small drop in the puddle :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I wonder if Stadia keeps the phone. Because, technically H1, H2 and H3 are one game in Stadia and there is no carryover, so maybe they remove the ability to unlock on the 20th, but if you already have it, it might stay…? Hope so

I wouldn’t put hopes on that one. Stadia currently is still running on H2 with a WoA starting screen. By the time of 20th, they will probably move all Stadia users’ access to their servers with the newer game installed. If the new game doesn’t feature E-phone, then no version of it should have the item.

1 Like

Hm… might be the case, yes… I hope not. :frowning:

not sure why they didn’t effectively turn it into a mobile, concealable car battery.

1 Like

One of a few good news related to HITMAN 3.
And a quite expected move by me

2 Likes

Stop talking on behalf of the “most players”. Leaderboard is an important part of the game.

1 Like

I mean, it’s true tho. Majority of players won’t be interested in leaderboards :man_shrugging: Same way some people just don’t care about contracts mode

I’m not saying it’s not a valuable thing and doesn’t matter, just Hitman is for a lot of people a single player game

Edit: also that really wasn’t the point of my original post. So please don’t read it as so

4 Likes

No one have any thoughts on getting a second Remote EMP Device unlockable as a replacement for the Electrocution Phone then? I think having two in your loadout could lead to some cool new strats without necessarily being OP, due to the EMP Device’s situational nature.

10 Likes

That’s a great idea! I would love to have a proximity EMP

2 Likes

A theoretical thought would be that a similar powerful device will be unlocked at the end of H3, iO just does not want us to use this phone from the very beginning to cheat every mission? Maybe even a later “DLC”-type mission for Christmas or something

Holiday Hoarders will return.

3 Likes

that would be terrible. i still don’t get why they lock content that i’d already completed back in the first game behind some random time frame

1 Like

Wish IO used Whittleton Creek for a Christmas mission in Hitman 2 instead of reusing the 2016 one. Taking out Harry and Marv using accidents in the neighborhood a la Home Alone would have been great. Missed opportunity :frowning:

10 Likes

Well they have a whole year to work on an Xmas mission this time and may not have to worry about making DLC (they haven’t said either way yet)

So I have hope. But if we’ve learnt anything from Hawkes Bay Halloween it’s that they should just hire an intern and stick them on making the seasonal mission :wink:

That’s what The McAllister Ransack should’ve been :cry:

6 Likes