Impossible to connect and impossible to get support (PC / Epic)

if it’s just servers being too busy there might some luck tomorrow morning, but it definitely seems like there’s something more going on

Same. Started having connection issues 4h ago and it’s been over 2h of totally dead servers on PC/Epic.
Looks like it’s a general problem…

15 hours later, still completely unable to connect. Doesn’t look like it’s improved at all.

In the words of one Jeremy Elbertson, remember when you could just buy a video game and use it?

1 Like

I guess I must’ve gotten very lucky on my first playthrough. I did get ‘disconnected’ messages (one popped up in the middle of the final cutscene :upside_down_face:) somtimes, but managed to reconnect ok. It’s baffling that the always online function is still in the game to be honest, though. At first I thought it was forced on IO by Square Enix (but then they kept it for H2), then I thought it was to combat piracy (but there’s no DRM in H3 so that wouldn’t make sense), and now I’m wondering if it still has value for showing player heatmaps on levels when this is the last game in the trilogy.

At any rate, the fact that you can’t do challenges or unlock items without an internet connection is stupid as hell. The only places that’s justifiable are contracts and maybe escalations - though the latter could probably be downloaded and played offline too.

1 Like

They wouldn’t even be having server problems if the servers were only for uploading/downloading leaderboard information and occasional new content.

Anyway I’m having the same issue on PC, was working fine (more or less) yesterday and now refuses to ever authenticate my profile or connect or whatever the hell it’s doing that is completely unnecessary in this single-player game.

This launch has almost completely killed my love for this series and if I can’t play it for more than a couple hours on a day I was otherwise crushed with work and miss an entire weekend I’m probably just going to uninstall and never think about it again. Developers made a cool game, sucks I can’t just buy and play it. Games shouldn’t be causing more stress than they relieve and 100% of this was avoidable on IOI’s part.

2 Likes

A full day later, still no dice. Anyone else having any luck?

1 Like

nope. I’ve checked a couple of times today but at this point, with no communication from IOI I doubt anything will happen until Monday at the earliest which is pretty ridiculous. By that point it will have been what, 3 out of the first 5 days since launch with the game effectively unplayable?

1 Like

Welp, this is pretty bizarre (and infuriating). I followed this advice posted by @Urben:

@PC players

I deleted these files:

EDIT: first two seem to not be related to this fix
(installation Folder of H3)\HITMAN3\Retail\HITMAN3.exe
(Installation Folder of H3)\HITMAN3\Launcher.exe
Files in the folders in C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\IO Interactive

An let EGS download them again. Note that the third thing will delete local saves and any game settings.
The files get generated on startup again and might have been corrupted.

After this I could connect with my account again. This will not damage progress.

I assume one has to delete less but I went for all three and had success. If someone tries that, please delete file by file and tell us what exactly fixes it.

My assumption the faulty file is the one in this folder:
C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\IO Interactive\HITMAN3\TemporaryStorage

And, surprisingly, after a full reinstall, it seemed to work (my Dubai mastery seems to be f*cked up like other people’s, but w/e).

… But only for a couple of hours. Then, while just looking about in the menus, I get a failed to fetch configuration error again and now I’m back exactly where I started. Totally unable to connect.

I consider myself a pretty patient person, especially when games I love are concerned, but this is making me want to pull my hair out.

Edit: I’m now reading other threads and seeing that this isn’t just me experiencing this exact problem. Just… geez.

no luck there, still waiting to be able to connect since yesterday. Considering refund.

1 Like

I am so sad, I haven’t been able to play since friday, I have logged into hitman 3 multiple times a day and now just want to be able to play a little of my new fav game. Is there at least a short term fix even if the issues will come back later, or will I just have to wait until, um… whenever the servers get fixed. It makes me super upset to not be able to play the game, or to not know when to expect a fix ;(

1 Like

might it be possible to avoid full reinstall? because mine worked again after but justfor 1 hour sadly. If it could temporalily be fixe but without complete reinstlallation (taking up to 3 hours) that would be good. I suspect it might be the save games? are these completely removed with that roaming\io interactive folder?

Well, I’m not the best person to ask (I’m reinstalling now because I don’t know of any other way), though I was just wondering the same thing. I know the save games are in the IOI roaming folder, but I don’t know if that’s the source of the issue or not. My guess based on what other people are reporting is that it’s something on IOI’s side that has to do with their account system.

mh reinstalling as well…hoping to speedrun through the last mission to get teh xp and then just playing mendoza until it kicks me again. In theory I just could play offline since I got so many h1/h2 unlocks but I still waant all the h3 unlocks and escalation unlocks.

2 Likes

@Travis_IOI Its been 2 dry days of not playing a game i just paid 60 dollars for, its good to see some people situations better but ive loaded this game up every other hour for the past 2 days and i cannot play online (noone wants to play offline without even challenges being an option, like seriously why the hell is that a feature…) same “failed the fetch profile”

Is there an update coming soon for xb1? Is a single person at IOI gonna publicly acknowledge this massive screw up so those of us still having troubles know the problems are being looked at/worked on? Seriously starting to want a refund myself at this point, i want some closure ffs never had a game just not work for multiple straight days even the dumpster fire anthem worked decently at launch …

3 Likes

You have exactly 2 options:

1. reinstall to have your savegames wiped and try again for some hours until it kicks you again (thats how it is on PC)

2. Wait until they fix it. SOONtm.

1 Like

It would just be nice if the goddamn devs would acknowledge the problem. I havent seen a single tweet or post referring to this disaster of a launch, wish i had just waited a month like i normally do for most launch titles i just love this series so much i didnt forsee this trainwreck happening, im reinstalling the game now hoping i can at least play a little bit on my weekend :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They have acknowledged it but it seems its difficult to fix or they have no one working on it right now as its weekend.

What is odd is my main profile is having the connection issues but my alt profile connects just fine. I didnt do any carryover on the alt profile, only on main profile. Think it has something to do with the carryover.

1 Like

How would I just create a brand new profile on PC and use that (basically starting from scratch)? If I do that, is the original profile gone or can I get back into it later if I want?

I’m not exactly sure for pc. I’m on ps and used 2nd profile.