IOI Insider - August 26

I guess so…? When updated, some software do ask us whether to agree them again, don’t they?

2 Likes

Okay, I slept in accidentally, missed 95% of the stream, but honestly the Gluttony sin reveal was the best coordinated joke ever done on an IOI monthly. After the trailer ends, it reveals Clemens and Travis eating a bunch of cake. Fun Gluttony joke. (@.cake941 on a hit list, watch out)

6 Likes

If I heard correct during the stream, they said Sean Bean ET is coming back. Am I right?

1 Like

Nope they said him and Garry busey won’t return in a few streams back

Emetic could be a bit OP. Then again the mine and snail are a bit OP already

That was a good livestream. Ate some food throughout it, mainly cookies but still. Yeah. Makes sense to wrap up the 7 Deadly Sins with Wrath, even though they spent like about a minute or two struggling to find the correct pronounciation for that one. I always get Envy and Wrath mixed up. Totally looking forward to shoulder swapping in Envy.

Congrats to the winners of the Lust Community Featured Contracts. There’s some great ones that I wouldn’t be too surprise if they had a little trouble trying to pick 3. Feel free to try my contract out if you’re on XBox - Sudden Malbec Games. It’s a contract set in Mendoza where you have to take out the targets using an SMG while wearing a wet suit. And yes, you are allowed to throw wine bottles at people. Make sure you grab the Malbec ones. I’m sure Mr. Yates won’t mind a bunch of bottles being smashed in the process. Gluttony is coming up very shortly, and it is going to be a short season. Looking forward to submitting some sin themed contracts, especially with gluttony. Got a couple in mind, but we’ll see how it the roadmap goes on August 31, 2021. I’m definitely buying Gluttony, just like every 7DS DLC… separately. It’s time to FEED THE PIG!!! Hopefully the next season is not going to be a “boar-ing” one. Ha ha ha.

2 Likes

Also when they said content for next year do you still think we’ll get new hitman 3 et or do you think the one in wrath will be the last

1 Like

I really hope they do a second year of content, but it’ll probably just be reruns of legacy ETs

Agreed. Throwing up makes thematic sense. Sedatives were for Sloth. I don’t get this thinking.

2 Likes

They said Gary won’t with Sean being a maybe.

3 Likes

Kinda drastic to forbid modding completely for now.

Usually a developer keeps the “technically forbidden” in their TOS and only pull it out to fight really crude/illegal mods. But now it is pointed out explicitly towards the players. This surely is a change of wind and I hope IO decides to allow modding to a generous degree.

That is what you people get for asking this every month. :stuck_out_tongue: And a whole server replacement being around surely did not help either.

11 Likes

I’m wondering, what can IO do to punish those that defy this no modding rule and how can they even find out that I’m running Hitman WoA with with mods? :thinking:

Though I didn’t watch this one I’m surprised that spoke about content that wasn’t official announced or released such as the Butcher Suit and Solstice Suit.

No one has ever talked about that officially from IOI.

I don’t know these are the first acknowledgment of these suits from IO, but the chances of them of releasing well best way to put it is purgatory limbo at the moment.

I’m assuming this pertains to content after sins. I will say it again. They should do one last Patient Zero like expansion to send off the series and ends things like they did with 2016. I personally feel this would be the appropriate time for something like Solstice Suit to be released alongside a appropriate item.

I know I might get flak for this one, but I feel the Solstice Suit should be treated like the Black Winter Suit/ ICA Coins where they are timed exclusive items that you got for playing Elusive Targets. Though I’d wait for the Steam Release first that’s just me though.

4 Likes

I don’t think they can do much, but for modders who provide the mods it can get problematic.

But ofc they can go the Take2 path and start reacting on it in draconian ways.

5 Likes

Everyone gonna have a field day if IO goes the Take2 route… god have mercy on the forum’s admins :grin:

13cec72ff575eb8bf489da24f73e8400

4 Likes

Okay, so livestream was fun. Not too much with new content or announcements (not so happy about another loud gun I might never use for the gluttony dlc)

Shoulder Swap in the September patch is mega cool. Finally.

Contracts Mode not getting anything new is a bit unfortunate, HOWEVER, it’s not in the cards in the immediate future.
It’s a bit sad to hear that implementing complications and additions to contracts mode would be a lot more work than what’s ideal (possibly due to the team size?), but it’s in the list and they do know how big of a wishlist item it is… hopefully, if they can’t get it done for the Seasons of Sin, (as it would take away from other development) It’s something we can get for 2022.

Colorado in Season 1 got the ‘All Exits Available’ patch in a late update for the original game, so it’s not impossible we still get some wishlist features near the end of live content.
Implementing a new Gate exit in Mendoza would be harder than turning on existing stuff in Colorado, but hopefully that can get put in too, if it’s not so against the designer’s vision.

7 Likes

This is how I see everything. Garden Show, even though it repurposed many assets, was a bit of a make good for players like us still sticking around. It did lead to less roadmap content on the lead up, which shows to me a finite number of employees.

Maybe after the Deadly Sins, there would be some employees freed up to do other content additions? I at least hope the game will get some dev attention after it gets a bump when releasing on Steam.

6 Likes

The Q&A makes me a bit sad. I really want the solstice suit, the butcher suit, and this Hitman 2 reward programm suit thing with the new briefcase that are in the files.

Raytracing info soon? Awesome! Can’t wait for that. The SSR in Hitman 3 compared to 2 already lift the levels to a new level, raytracing is going to look amazing. I hope they implement all kinds of raytracing, not just shadows or reflections.

SHOULDER SWAP, FINALLY! That is amazing news.

Modding forbidden? Ouch.

2 Likes

It is a bit disappointing, but Travis did allude to content being made for 2022.

With the Steam release, I’m sure we’ll still be getting some new stuff next year. Maybe therell be fewer rollouts, maybe a new themed seasonal roadmap event will begin, who knows.

But I’m confident that they might work one of those suits into the game by the end of its lifecycle. They know people have seen it in the files and are interested in it, so hopefully they can work something out.

(But yeah, they’ve still got to organize that potential content with some new stuff they’re probably making, alongside the possibility that they could put the team to work with some contracts mode additions. All depends on how it’s managed…)

6 Likes

Yeah but I would have more trust in IOI if there wasn’t awesome stuff in the alpha, Hitman 1 and 2 that we yet have never seen aswell.

And content for 2022 sounds awesome, and is, self-complimenting allowed, something I already talked about before the release of Hitman 3. That once it launches on steam, they will be these rewards for owning Hitman 2 and such, and a re-run of the elusives, etc.

2 Likes