IOI Insider Questions (October 21) [CLOSED]

Haven’s sightcones are not a problem imo (the gaps in levels are, however, but the two issues are unrelated as this happens in other levels too). Given how the level was made (very flat with lots of water and open view), it’s a very understandable addition. Totally agree about the Paris guard thing though, that is really stupid (and also inconsistent, as Vampire Magician is not an enforcer for that guard).

2 Likes

I guess that one boils down to personal opinion. I find it quite annoying in the context of WoA being a game with pretty ´fixed´ systems and mechanics where you normally know what you can or cannot get away with, so having to readjust yourself this much for one single level is kind of a drag. I get that there´s the level´s specific geography, but it still has a lot of vegetation and cover areas, and other maps have flat open spaces too, with the NPCs´ observance not being nearly this sharp. Not to mention that they sometimes see me even though they really shouldn´t (though that might be related to the level´s ongoing bigger issue).

How exactly do you mean that? The sightcones being inconsistent throughout levels, or…?

Oh yes, we ought to begin a mass appeal for this guy´s demotion :grin:

2 Likes

New question:

When is the bloom toggle coming to H3 (which Travis talked about in one of the previous IOI monthly’s)?

4 Likes

I’m a Japanese player.
I bought the Japanese version of HITMAN3 on the day it was released on August 26th.

Q.HITMAN3 Japanese version has a problem that HITMAN2 Japanese disc users can not get HITMAN2 access pass.
Is there any plan to solve this problem?
Do you have any plans to send a message to Japanese players?

Q. HITMAN2 was released as a free play game for PS the other day, and more and more players are playing HITMAN2.
I’ve heard a lot of people talking about the problem of not being able to complete the “feed the birds” challenge.
Is there any plan to fix this?

Q. In the Japanese version of HITMAN3 and HITMAN2, the description of Andrea Martinez in the Santa Fortuna mission is somehow changed to the description of Almareynard in Hawke’s Bay.
Is there any plan to fix this?

Q. In the Japanese version of HITMAN3, the clothing rewarded for the Dartmoor Garden Show is displayed with the clothing name and description reversed.
Will this strange phenomenon be fixed?

Q.In the Japanese version of HITMAN3, the description of the recommended contract tiers 6 to 8 is written like a program, which doesn’t make sense.
Will it be fixed?

Q. In the Chongqing mission, there is a scene where you look back on the conversation between 47 and Diana at the ICA facility in the past, but the translation is different in the Japanese version of HITMAN3, and it has become a disappointing scene.
Is there a plan to unify the translation to the same content as in HITMAN1?

Q.The search function of the contract mode is inconvenient.
Is there any plan to add a function to search for user names, or to add further conditions after the search?
Is there any plan to update it?

Q.I love the contract mode.
Q. Is there any plan to release a special version of HITMAN that focuses on the contract mode?
If possible, I’d like to create it from the target’s appearance, behavior patterns, special assassination conditions, etc.

Q. Are there any plans to add new targets or missions for HITMAN3 that have a storyline, such as bonus missions from HITMAN1 or special missions from HITMAN2?

Q.After all the updates for HITMAN3 are completed, will there be any
Are there any plans to sell additional DLC that will make all elusive targets from all titles including HITMAN1 and HITMAN2 playable offline?

Sorry for the long post!

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

9 Likes

Can you add another place to disable cameras in Bangkok?

8 Likes

There used to be one in the security room behind the hotel, where the tuk tuk and pest control van is. So to reword the question a bit, can that security terminal be added back in?

8 Likes

As mentioned further up by @tryagainlater , what are the chances of an unlockable banana?

The banana is just too much fun to have it locked to certain locations. Cheers

8 Likes

And following along from that, can we get an unlockable rake? If bananas became actual unlockables, I think a rake would be in order. After all, we’ve got essentially useless canes and baseball bats, several of each, in the inventory, as well as a comically long sword, so why not another long item that’s actually useful for SA?

5 Likes

That was a long time complaint so I have already done that at fancontracts.com. You can sort by rating, username, game, and type. One of the Japanese players, @Hamushi, is also so active there.

google translate tinkered japanese:
私はすでにfancontracts.comでそれを行っています。 評価、ユーザー名、ゲーム、タイプで並べ替えることもできます。 日本の選手の一人、@ Hamushiもそこでとても活発です。

3 Likes

Q. Did you report all these issues to the support team ? This is the best place for that.

https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

3 Likes

Did you get the Bond deal because No Time to Die stole the snow scene from the Hitman 2016 Trailer?

:grin:

3 Likes

More on the topic of requests, could we get some more liberty for default starting point load-outs in H3 missions, particularly Dubai and Berlin? It would be nice if the restrictions got lifted with mastery progress as was the case with Hokkaido and Miami.

Additionally, any chance on getting the option to choose whichever suit we want for the Patient Zero mission, rather than being locked into the Recon Gear/Tactical Turtleneck? It currently really is the only mission (aside from Situs Inversus) where all the winter-themed gear thematically fits…

As for unlocks, I know bananas and rakes are fun, but what about things like chloroform or nitroglycerine/octane booster? Also, will the explosive pen make a comeback as a H3 unlock? (asking specifically as I haven´t done the progress transfer from H2 and it is thus missing from my inventory, alongside other glorious items such as the travel briefcase)

9 Likes

The geometry gaps, where NPC’s can see through walls because of tiny gaps in the level.

3 Likes

Oh, if we’re speaking about transparent walls: Please fix Chongqing finally. It’s so annoying that almost every NPC can see through walls.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve long wanted a chloroform unlock. It’s essentially a sedative bomb that doesn’t auto-lock on NPC heads (right?). And unlike the magnesium (or shaman? I never remember), it doesn’t void SA. Kinda OP, but we got the snail bomb which is similar enough, so yes, chloroform flask is my #1 wanted unlock, even before ducky screwdriver.

But I also want a green emetic duck, soooo…

5 Likes

Shit, I never even thought of that. That’s brilliant.

4 Likes

Q:
Any chance of a multiplayer mode?
Was thinking that, once the support for Hitman 3 ends, if players have a multiplayer mode then the games will be played and enjoyed for an even longer time. It seems good to me :man_shrugging:

2 Likes
  1. What is the first name of Don Archibald Yates? Is it Don or Archibald?
  2. Did Travis misunderstand the question when he responded with “server manipulations are a red flag” to a question about server replacements, which do not manipulate the servers, in an IOI Insider some time ago?
  3. Is there any chance we could be getting a native Linux port of the game? Hitman 3 apparently currently takes a number of workarounds to run due to issues with DX12, and it’d be nice to have the game working on multiple operating systems. You’ve advertised it as the definitive way to play the trilogy, after all.
7 Likes

Are there any talks about a “Glacier 3”? Travis have mentioned in a few places that some elements like prison or elevator can’t be implemented, maybe we can expect those for the future games with an upgraded brand new Glacier.

3 Likes

Better still is that you can actually use the rake.

You can rake leaves into a pile, and then you hide little beetles carrying TNT (remote explosive) on their backs amongst the pile of leaves .

Unsuspecting NPC attracted to jump into the pile of leaves and you blow the NPC up.

– maybe too complicated to program though for what it is worth.

2 Likes