IOI Insider Questions (October 21) [CLOSED]

Damn that night look like halloween night event🤣

3 Likes

Yes!,

More Escalations, ET and Bonus missions the works. Especially for the H2 maps what felt bit shafted for bonus levels.

1 Like

What happens after 7deadly sins?

2 Likes

Hope for bonus mission, events ,challanges pack

5 Likes

If you can use one word to describe Hitman 3’s 2022 content what would that word be?

1 Like

that should be pretty easy to answer, if you dont have ideas for creative media you always default to those 7 simple suckers ( though the sins escalations may have not been the most creative exploration of the sins, usually defaulting to the cliches with the exception of pride, the elusive targets have been an excellent use of the sins.)

3 Likes

Worked for Dead Rising 3’s Psychopath boss fights, so why not?

2 Likes

What was your favourite part of any map to work on? From across the World of Assassination.

1 Like

When some items explode (e.g. the remote emetic device in a briefcase and also some of the new 7 sins DLC items), they leave some traces which cause the NPCs to enter an infinite loop trying to pick them up. Will this problem be fixed in the future? It ruins an otherwise excellent NPCs AI. Anyway, thanks for continue to support this wonderful game.

5 Likes

Another question, With the IOI earnings report was Hakan able upgrade his gold helicopter to a pure diamond studded one?

5 Likes

question:

It’s probably not up for discussion yet but the next free location and elusive target will most likely be on hokkaido. But will we see the undying again once miami rolls around as a free location with elusive target? As you didnt continue your contract with both garys after hitman 2016, I assume you did the same with sean bean. And if the undying does not return, how will new players get the miami gloved suit?

6 Likes

This looks too cool. Dartmoor as well……one of my favourite maps of all time :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

One word: S’more-of-it
[to pass the years before the next IP release]

2 Likes

Just so you know this was answered last stream (I asked it), he said they originally claimed they’d do that but then they changed their mind for 7DS, though won’t rule it out for future but won’t be saying anything until 7DS fully done with.

This was also ‘answered’ either last stream or the stream before July’s stream, they said “We still haven’t decided on that one”, in case you didn’t see it

6 Likes

i didnt, thanks for the answer!

2 Likes

Ok, questions… Apology in advance for the length…

First some development-related ones:

• I asked this one in a different thread already, but will try again here. In Dubai, there is a rather disappointing lack of the option to have both targets evacuate by helicopter and then blowing them/it up as they are taking off, similarly to Caruso´s seaplane in Sapienza (or Hayamoto back in H2SA). I was wondering whether this option/scenario was considered at some point, and if yes, what prevented its implementation? Are there any technical issues/difficulties associated with it?

• In a February article on the Mendoza mission (here), Martin Ansdal was quoted saying “Originally we had two ideas,” … “A tango location set in Buenos Aires and a vineyard set in South Africa. These two were combined…” I was curious whether there are some other features that were specifically considered for a South Africa-based mission that made it into The Farewell, or was it just the vineyard setting at that point? And on that note, any chance of seeing 47 visiting South Africa, perhaps still in H3? :wink: (asking mainly cause in the variety of WoA locations, Africa did end up a bit underrepresented)

• In the announcement trailer last year, we got the first glimpse (see pic below) of what would ultimately turn out to be Chongqing. However, due to the English writings on the street, many of us speculated until the location reveal that it would be Hong Kong (which would be very fitting as the setting for 47´s final dealings with the ICA - Chonging is also fitting, but only country-wise). So naturally, I´m curious whether the location was Chongqing from the get-go, or whether HK was initially planned and then changed (and if yes, why). Additionally, the scene from the trailer suggested the location would be more crowded. Were there any noteworthy differences in the initial mission concept that got changed for the final release? (one reason why I´m asking this is also due to the contrast between the mission itself and the official description of it on the IOI website: Under the flickering neon lights of busy cafes and amidst a flurry of small shops and food stands crammed into tight streets, Chongqing offers travellers a respite from the demands of everyday life.)

Next up, questions/requests regarding some mission features:

• Could you please remove the enforcer status of that one guard on the terrace in Paris towards 47´s starting suit(s) (absent in H1, added in H2), and reduce the NPC viewcones in Haven Island to the same level as in every other mission? Both are rather annoying and totally unnecessary “features”…

• Could you also please revert Diana´s “younger” voice in the ICA Facility missions back to the normal one? The fact that some lines of her dialogue are changed like that while others (particularly cutscene ones) are normal and genuinely switch on the fly only results in a very annoying inconsistency (and Diana´s standard voice is much more preferable).

• Would it be possible to make some of the explosives explosions - namely the big ones such as the demo/semtex blocks - more efficient and effective? In their current state, they look and feel a tad bit underwhelming considering their size… :sweat_smile:

And two final ones:

• In terms of bug reporting, is the designated HMF thread sufficiently monitored or is it more effective to file a report via Zendesk? (wouldn´t want to waste time on all the screenshots and writing for nothing :sweat_smile: )

• IOI and Arkane Studios both have a knack for creating extremely well-designed and intricate environments with a nearly unlimited number of ways to complete the player´s objectives. Any chance or consideration of a future collaboration on a project?

Cheers.

10 Likes

Asked this in last month’s thread but I’ll ask again:

-Before the release of H3, IO said the game was going to have six full maps with level 20 mastery. Was this a miscommunication or did something change? Was a level cut or was the Romanian level initially planned to be bigger?

-Also when are we getting an unlockable banana?

9 Likes

OK. I got a pretty simple question.
-Will there be a variant of the Sieker 1 (the emetic dart gun unlocked as a Mastery Level in Haven Island), and a variant of the Remote Emetic Gas Device (also unlocked in Haven Island as well) available as unlockables in Hitman 3?

Having these two items available as unlockables would make it easier for new players that bought Hitman 3 as their first Hitman game, and would also help in contracts where an emetic weapon or an emetic device is required to get certain targets moving. Kinda seems a bit unfair that the Kalmer Tranquilizer and the Krugermeier has unlockable variants in Hitman 3 but not the Sieker and the Remote Emetic Gas Device. Should be pretty simple to recolour it, or slap a sticker on it. Do not make it a Featured Contract Tier unlock for both of them please.

5 Likes

Hong Kong is complicated politically because it is now a territory of China but was under British rule for 99 years from the time of the Treaty of Nanking. Less possibilities of offending anyone to use a generic Chinese city than to use Hong Kong as a Hitman location.

1 Like

That of course is the one explanation that immediately comes to mind, but HK has appeared as the setting of numerous video games over the years, including two Hitman ones. I don´t see it being offensive as a Hitman location unless the target(s) or mission theme directly address the political situation there or its past under British rule in a “problematic” manner, which in the case of End of an Era they don´t (with the tiny exception of Royce´s character, but that´s not commenting anything). If HK was indeed considered to be in H3 but got switched to Chongqing due to the protests happening there “just to be sure”, then I perfectly understand. I´m just genuinely curious because of that trailer scene and its difference from the final product.

PS: In case you feel like discussing this further, let´s do so via PMs so as not to derail the thread :wink:

3 Likes