IOI Insider Questions (September 23)

Doesn’t seem like it, as it hilariously has the exact same limitations as the other versions. Crazy how GOG let that in lol

3 Likes

How much of an NDA hell is it to have a QNA stream? (or would that also fall under NDA?)

4 Likes

Repeated question of food and lunch:

The “Danish lunch”: open faced sandwich on a thin slice of dense rye bread smørrebrød: Like many Northern Europeans, they like Nutella (chocolate spread) on toast for breakfast. The “Danish” rises with yeast and is baked (more like bread), whereas De-Homer-Simson-Donut is usually a cake donut. The Danish (short for Danish pastry) is often ascribed to anything that is donut-like without De- Hole. Like a lot of Northern Europeans they like their fish, such as fiskefrikadeller which is the Danish equivalent to the mexican fish cake.

1 Like

I believe they mentioned working on getting at least the latter 2 unlockable somehow

1 Like

Do you plan to do anything with scrapped content like that Berlin escalation that was mentioned in one of the insiders?

More in general, how does the team feel about scrapped/unused content and the effort put into it? I’d assume its at least a little bitter working on something only for it never to be released.

5 Likes

Who’s the best HITMAN player at IO Interactive, and how do you think they measure up against the very best community players like frote, mendie, CJ etc?

7 Likes

Will we get to see Diana in a mission again like she was in Mendoza? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

How many people are still working on the game on anything other then the sins?

Us players don’t think anybody is working on fixing bugs, so genuinely curious how many people are still working on the game.

7 Likes

Are we going to get the Rave-On Suit sometime in the future? (the Berlin Entrance exclusive suit)

It’s the only suit in the game that’s unobtainable for other locations! …other than the Romania shirtless “suit”

13 Likes

Related : are we going to get Romania Shirtless 47 sometime in the future ?

Or a Plain Shirtless 47 (or Viking War Paint Shirtless 47 for wrath). Either would be good.

11 Likes

I want a Jam-Suit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef9QnZVpVd8
Sorry, I’ll see myself out…

1 Like

OK. I do have another question, not relating to my other question about Contracts Mode. Hitman games on Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass? Is that happening? It doesn’t have to be Hitman 3.

1 Like

It might be too late to ask these questions, but anyway

• Are Hitman novels(Enemy Within, Damnation) canon?
  • Is the black pyramid the real structure or VR background?
5 Likes

I’m just watching the stream and they something about there being on the table for new et concept

Does this mean we’re getting more ET after 7DS

2 Likes

They’re always saying they have plans for elusive target formulae. I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions yet, I’d wait until 7DS is all done.

4 Likes

Look at from the other direction. Very rarely do the devs say that they outright have no plans or that things will absolutely not happen. It’s much safer to say that discussions are happening, things might occur, plans could be in place etc.

If a dev says that something is not going to happen, that shuts a door and it make the community start to complain about how their requested thing is unfairly being refused. If they say it could happen, might happen, or that the devs want it to happen (without promising anything), then it leaves that door open and the community has to just keep waiting. It’s much safer from a dev perspective to avoid saying “no”.

2 Likes

Except for Sniper Assassin. It’s their polite way of saying “piss off” to everyone who’s still asking after no-one played it when they worked on it; I’ll wonder when they’ll take the hint.

1 Like

Enemy within definitely is as it indirectly sets up 6, and is even referenced in the Birth of the Hitman comic. Unsure about Damnation.

Interesting. Sidebar here, but I read through the novel once, and was wondering if you could remind me of those connections were?

This was later referenced in Birth of the Hitman issue 4, as a sort of retool (not a retcon, that’s different) so Ort-Meyer would make 47 think he’d killed 6, not be best friends:

Ort-Meyer is a hell of a bastard.

Something to note here is that the writers didn’t have to do this. The novel is fairly obscure outside of Hitman’s playerbase, so they very easily could’ve retconned the entire book. But they didn’t. They explicitly referenced it, and that to me shows dedication to tying in prior story points and making them work.

9 Likes