IOI Insider Questions (September 23)

This is the only question out of the whole thread I’m sure they will answer. Congratulations

10 Likes

Second one with absolute definite answer will be “what did you eat for breakfast today?” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Obviously it is : how are you all doing ? And congratulations on hitman being the second best game of the year for PCgamer. Disco Elysium was first, so it’s a very honorable second place, I’m sure more awards are to follow. The game deserves it.

But beyond that, I have three questions : a serious one, a curious one, and a lighter one.

The Serious :
The largest change made in Hitman 3 are the hidden story missions. They are at its core via the most intriguing challenges and the level design.
Grey Dubai Story mission, admittedly a tutorial, makes you pass next to the NPC with the phone conversation about the explosive golf ball. I doubt that it’s by accident.
I presume they were made because most players never really disabled the story mission HUD, so they allow them to have the pleasure of “outsmarting” the level by themself.
Was this the design goal ? And because you have access to the metrics : were they found by most ? Did it work ?

The Curious :
As I said in the Gluttony thread , the gluttony escalation have a lot of small but significant changes to add opportunities, sometime ease, sometime challenge, all adequate to the escalation gameplay and objectives. How much fine tuning was made here ? I don’t have a specific question, I’m just curious on the process, on the craft. I also want to give my appreciations to the Live Team.

To directly quote from this thread

The Lighter :
Hitman has a lot of references. (recently @maydaymemer pointed out the ones from Burke and Hare).
Carpathian Mountains have a bunch of densely packed, heavily armored guards where the best combat strategy is to constantly switch targets, make them fall over and close the gap or slowly finish them off. Is that a John Wick 3 Continental shootout shoutout or just a happy parallel ? Whichever, it was a fun gameplay idea, if only a one off.

Thank you for doing those streams.

4 Likes

Can we please have an Agent 17 suit?

13 Likes

My question:

What does the future of H3 DLC look like? Are you guys planning to stick to the escalations format, or are there other plans in the pipeline?

13 Likes

Will Elusive Targets continue (either Legacy or New) after the 7 Deadly Sins content updates stop? (Around November-December-ish for Wrath?)

8 Likes

Will Trinity Pack come in this update?
Are permanently elusive targets close?

2 Likes

A recurring classic: any news on Ray Tracing?

If my memory serves me well, the last time we got a “stay tuned” - any updates since then?

9 Likes

Are there any plans to have the Last Resort and Golden Handshake ending cutscenes have their own little card in the menu? So that we can view them without completing the missions over and over?

16 Likes

I know, always the same questions:

• Will we ever get an updated contracts mode? Where we can delete our own contracts before someone else plays them? Where we can add other complications (like in escalations)?
  • As for Featured Contracts: Will those be open for other maps than H3 any time in the future?
  • We have a crowbar, we have a wrench in our inventory. Will we get a chance to complete the set with a screwdriver?
11 Likes
  • Is there anything being worked on to add some more flexibility to contracts mode? IE. Fixed starting location, more specific kill requirements, another exit to Mendoza, etc.

• What about being able to select items you don’t want players using? IE. the Sieker, Emetic grenade, etc

• Do you plan on allowing players to string together contracts?

• What was the hardest map in terms of level design to work on? What about graphical design? Which map in Hitman 3 do you think has the best level design?

• If you were a target in the game, what location would you be in? What would you be doing?

• What is your favorite food?

Thank you for doing these streams

11 Likes

Is there any chance you could implement a ‘quick equip/unequip’ button for VR? It would be much appreciated!

1 Like

Before the release of H3, IO said the game was going to have six full maps with level 20 mastery. Was this a miscommunication or did something change? Was a level cut or was the Romanian level initially planned to be bigger?

11 Likes

Hey. I am looking forward to this livestream this Thursday and seeing what 3 contracts from the Gluttony Community Featured Contracts Submissions get featured.

Anyway I got one question and this is about Contracts Mode. Will there be any changes or additions in Contracts Mode for Hitman 3?

There is a couple I see could happen. One is the ability to add in custom objectives. An example is in Dubai, you will need to obtain the ATM card from Omar. Another example is in the Whittleton Creek level from Hitman 2 that you can use a custom objective and say that you need to collect 8 blueberry muffins. A good way to show them is to add a complication that you guys used in escalations where additional objectives will appear throughout the mission, some are optional and some are mandatory.
Adding in a feature like this for contract makers like me adds in plenty of freedom and variety to contracts. You can make this feature exclusive to Hitman 3 which would get players to purchase and play this game.

Apart from that, a good thing to do is to add another exit to the Mendoza level. The dancefloor one used in the main mission is not included in contracts mode. This really sucks without it since all of the exits are not very close by at all. The one that would be the most used is the grape field exit. And that is not really grape for speedrunners because it means they’ll have to make one of these targets really close to an exit. So either add in the additional exit or make the dancefloor exit appear. We can still talk to Diana while in contracts mode, so it’s not that much different at all. The dancefloor exit is the most central and easier exit to get to. Another potential exit that would fit well if added is that gate near the viewpoint where Diana gives you the invitation if you started the mission in your suit and not at the car park. It’s far but there is guards there which you can make them as targets in contracts mode. Basically Mendoza sucks when it comes to exits.

7 Likes

Hey Travis, Clemens & team. Hope you’re all doing well. I have a specific question about the Deluxe Pack on the Epic Store, though I appreciate you probably cannot give an answer to this.

We’ve now had two half price sales for the Hitman 3 Standard & Deluxe Editions. However, during both of those sales the Deluxe Pack has remained at full price. This seems to be unfair on people like myself who pre-ordered the Standard Edition at full price. I notice that the Deluxe Pack is heavily discounted during the current Playstation Store sale. Why is the same offer not available for PC players?

8 Likes

Are there any plans to fix (or even knowledge of) a bug that prevents taking certain unlocked weapons on missions? Because the following weapons, which are unlocked in my inventory, cannot be selected for use in any missions regardless of whether I attempt to use an agency pickup or a briefcase:

Jager 7
Enrham HV CM

You can let them know the issue by sending them a ticket. There is a channel of receiving official support for specific bug like this. The website below provides information of current issues they’re tracking via others’ reports as well.

https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

3 Likes

Have the sales for the 7DS been high enough for IOI’s continued expenditure with a “Hitman Live team” and better yet, more expansive investment in paid DLC content into 2022?

I hope that there are enough who are willing to financially support IOI in keeping up with the investment of new content rather than just pushing out the recycled Hitman content.

I applaud the creativity of the 7DS DLC, and I trust the IOI team in generating more fun puzzle making, whatever form it may be (e.g. escalations).

I’ve silent assassin-ed all the feature contracts (outside of Fall Season Preview of H2) and now waiting on new content…

5 Likes

During the last IOI Insider, in regards to not having a patch for the season of Gluttony, Travis roughly stated, “…it allows us to focus our efforts on the patch as well as starting to look ahead at 2022 and more bandwidth/resources…what the plans are [there]”.

Ergo, my question is: Do you have any plans on when you are revealing any potential teasers as to what 2022 may have in store (perhaps something like HITMAN 2’s Content Highlights)? :wink:

7 Likes

What’s the deal with the GOG release of 2016? Is this some preparations for an offline mode overall on 2016/2/3?

On a related note; Make an offline mode already, please and thank you.

9 Likes