July Roadmap (2022)

People who didn’t have the chance to play that ET back then might disagree.

1 Like

Or, to solve the whole dilemma, make a new deal with Sean Bean to use him again and next time have some damn foresight about this sort of thing.

1 Like

Meh. Sean Bean really didn’t bring anything special to it - it was just the climax of the marketing for H2. The mission wouldn’t be anything less than what it is now with the role replaced.

1 Like

I think it would be something less than what it currently is if Sean Bean wasn’t there.

The whole allure and funny meta-humour about it is Sean Bean himself, playing this immortal-yet-constantly-dying character. To replace his likeness and voice would just turn him into a mysterious, but typical Hitman character.
At least that’s how I see it

3 Likes

I also would love to play The Undying through an official method again, but not if that means whatever was in the scope for the future for the Hitman or other games needs to be cut and shrunk down for it.

The entire mission is one massive gag about Sean Bean’s many on-screen deaths, so his removal would greatly impact that meta-joke; the reason The Undying exists. Replacing him with another person loses that joke, unless they make a pastiche of Bean himself. The entire appeal of the contract was to kill Sean Bean, not some Joe Schmoe.

The Undying was advertised several times over the course of H2’s life, most notably when the Miami pack released. He was basically used as an advertising tool, making use of Sean Beans lovely marketable face in it.

At this point, they either have to cough up more money to use his face and voice again, or just make it available via escalation like they did with Mumbai (under different circumstances though).

2 Likes

If it was announced on their Twitter, then it’s official :man_shrugging:, Discord has a bot that posts their Twitter stuff in the server and in HMF it’s usually the members doing these stuff, it was official and it was posted in April 21st

btw May’s roadmap released in May 7th so the “it’s too late” excuse is wrong anyway

5 Likes

what did you mean by this

1 Like

the “et suit” for mumbai was made available via an escalation, due to there not being any ets for mumbai. He’s suggesting they could do the same for the unlocks the undying gave in hitman 2

6 Likes

Likeness rights holders don’t care about what those people think.

edit: i just want to add this it isn’t me saying fuck the people who never played the undying. In terms of that Elusive Target we have to be more pragmatic with it simply due to a celebrity being tied to it.

Sean gave his likeness for a one game deal. That being said HITMAN 2 and 3 are two separate games and they have to be viewed as that.

2 Likes

Obviously.

I posted my post at the same time as thrison. It’s not a reply to their post, it was a reaction to Patrick’s post.

tommorow ambrose trailer maybe.

Tomorrow nothing. Thursday maybe.

4 Likes

As if

:pleading_face:

2 Likes

Nothing forever. Ambrose will be shadow-dropped like a true Silent Assassin

2 Likes

7 Likes

Never say never. I expect some type of marketing for the map.

6 Likes

Given that the roadmaps are released on Tuesdays, can we assume that if there’s no announcement or release in the next hour, there won’t be one today?

There wont be one today, it is evening in Denmark.

3 Likes

It would’ve released hours ago.

2 Likes