June Roadmap | Year Two

5 Likes

In my opinion, IOI gives some players a chance to complete the unfinished ETs. This is preparing for the release of FreeLancer.

2 Likes

Why is the sniper rifle called the “White” Ruby Rude when it isn’t even white? It’s mostly black with pink and teal. They could have simply called it the “Ruby Rude 300 Sniper Rifle”.

12 Likes

Well. Done creating my 2 contracts for Hot Scope. One of them, may not be possible to get Sniper Assassin on unless you know how to get your targets to the right places without pacifying them. Sorry. I think you guys will hate me with this one. :grimacing::face_with_hand_over_mouth: I’ll make a post on the Fan made contracts thread when I’m ready so that you guys know what sort of pain you can expect to suffer beforehand. :smiling_imp:

With Heat Stroke, I’m stumped on ideas. What maps in the trilogy would fit well with this Summer theme? Marrakesh and Mumbai are two maps that I haven’t completed their Mastery Levels on and are also the maps I don’t particularly like. Miami would be a good map to pick. Haven Island, Dubai maybe? I don’t know. Heat Stroke may be that time where I either; recycle one or two of my old contracts, or skip the set entirely.

1 Like

I have SO many ideas for Heat Stroke…

After your last ducky contract got featured and subsequently dumped on by people, I’m surprised you’d go for another :smiling_imp:-style contract. Good luck with that homie.

2 Likes

Yeah. While it was good seeing people struggled, after seeing what was possible out of watching other people’s runs of The Night The Duck Cried, I decided to go one step further and make another :smiling_imp:-style contract.

Anyway, those two contracts are created and posted on the forums. The :smiling_imp: is the Paris contract - Broaden Your Majestic Scope. The shade of violet in the contract image I’ve provided screams evil… and pride. If that one does get featured, I’ll leave a note for the developers to alter the kill conditions so that you need The Majestic sniper rifle specifically, just to make it more :smiling_imp: for those that don’t have the 7 Deadly Sins DLC. It’s going to be fun seeing people attempt to complete this one.

Good luck with these two potential Hot Scopes that I’ve created if you’re on Xbox.

Looks promising. This is my first time ever attempting to create a contract to fit the featured contracts theme. It’s going to be lit… literally. I’m excited to see what else is planned ahead.

2 Likes

Uh… this may or may not be an oversight but not many people are talking about this little problem about this roadmap. The Serial Killer Elusive Target and The Gunrunner Elusive Target are overlapping with each other in their dates. How will that work in-game in terms of menu, @Clemens_IOI? This would be better in sense if like one of the Featured Contracts is sandwiched in between two Elusive Targets so that we don’t get overlaps like these. I supposed there isn’t really much you could do about that with this roadmap.

At least we’ll be getting what’s practically a pink Sieger 300 Ghost, a recolour of the best sniper rifle in the trilogy by completing… another set of Elusive Target Arcade Contracts. I’m keen to see what people will come up with for these two Featured Contracts. Might be enough to keep me warm during Winter down here in Australia (Southern Hemisphere). I got 2 ready for Hot Scope, and yeap… another :smiling_imp: contract in there… potentially unless there is like magic that these good players can come up with using a sniper rifle. If that does get featured… somehow, I want a teensy tiny change out of it when it releases, sniper rifle = The Majestic sniper rifle.

They overlapped the ET dates before with the Fugitive & Bookkeeper. Both ETs are active for their given time slots, but only one shows up on the main menu (I believe it’s always the latest one on the menu).

2 Likes

24 Likes

Toby Jones Terrance has never looked more like an action star…

4 Likes

You ever notice ALL ET’s look like famous actors? :rofl:

4 Likes

Is it of the Ghost variety? Looks more like the standard Sieger, the one that looks like the W2000 from Blood Money. That one didn’t have the extra penetration that sends targets flying further.

Why The Gunrunner and The Serial Killer now? These ETs appeared in the new Arcade Contracts just last week so absolutely zero hype to be able to touch these yet again. Where as it’s been months since The Liability last appeared in a Arcade Contract, so it feels like this one is appropriately placed.

@Clemens_IOI When planning out where the ETs are going, are the ETs appearing in the Arcade Contracts that are getting released around the same time even getting taken into consideration? It’s just making things feel like repeat after repeat. Whereas if there was more space between an ET appearing in the Arcade and then in the OG ET format (like with The Liability in this roadmap for example), it would at least feel more ‘new’ and less repeat-y (which then also creates a feeling of boring).

This is most likely so players can unlock Summer Suit with Gloves and Suburban Suit with Driving Gloves (eck!).

5 Likes

At least for the Marrakesh ET, there were alternatives that they could have used instead that still allowed people to unlock the Summer Suit with Gloves to eliminate the repeat-y feeling. They could’ve gone for The Angel of Death or The Fixer instead.

(but tbh, AoD wouldn’t be so bad)

2 Likes

Or, they could have just made those suits unlockable in Arcade mode, but we don’t have time for rational solutions.

4 Likes

Still waiting for a banana unlock…

13 Likes

The banana seems like it could be a very fitting Mastery unlock for Ambrose Island (Please, IO! Make it happen!)

5 Likes