Languages you speak

Found a thread with the same name in the old forum ruins, and thought it’s worthy of a revival.

As of me:

Farsi/Persian (Iran): native
English: decently fluent (school, movies, internet, classes)
Spanish: basic conversation (Duolingo)
Arabic (Iraq, Saudi Arabia): basic conversation (school)
Russian: All I can say is “hi dog” (Duolingo)

Humorous Hichkas

Python: Fluent
PHP, JS: decent
C++, SQL: alright

13 Likes

Here’s mine…

Filipino/Tagalog: Native

English: Okay pretty fluent

German: Still learning lol, I can only say please, hello, and good morning

13 Likes

Ukrainian, Russian - Native, though Ukrainian almost not used.
English - Advanced (B2/C1), would name it second native :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Dutch: native language
English: can speak this one pretty decently
French: learned french for 6 fucking years yet i can’t form a proper sentence to save my life.

18 Likes

EnglIsh - Native

Scottish Gaelic - Used to be decent, haven’t spoken in years and have gotten very rusty

13 Likes

Hungarian - Native
English - It’s quite sad that I’m actually somewhat better at English than Hungarian.
German - Learned it for over 5 years, pretty decent at it

13 Likes

German: Native
English: Well, it’s enough for small talk and for the Hitman Forum :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

English. That’s it.

All high school Spanish taught me is that I have a terrible ear for spoken language.

I did, however, really enjoy Latin in college, since it was all reading and translating. If I hadn’t put it off until as late as possible, I might have even switched majors.

11 Likes

Spanish and English. Can understand fairly well written Portuguese and have notion of a conversation in it (Brazilian Portuguese so far).

11 Likes

English is my first language and I also know basic Irish and very basic German, as I’m learning it with Duolingo at the moment.

9 Likes

English. Th-that’s it

12 Likes

I speak german natively, my english is okay i think and some sentences Huttese.

Achuta, me pe kasa MrOchoa :hugs:

12 Likes

German, swiss german (yes, that’s different), english, french, some italian, some greek. Had latin at school, but was a very lazy student…

12 Likes

English: native
German: 5 years in school. I was surprised to learn that I could still speak it well enough to get around in Germany on a business trip a few years back.

10 Likes

English.

I did study Japanese for a bit but I’ve forgotten most of it. Whoops.

My fiancee can speak English and Spanish though.

10 Likes

Malayalam: Native, but worse than English.
English: The one I am the most confortable with.
Hindi: I can only understand and speak in Hindi, though I can’t write.
Arabic: Learnt it in School, but forgot most of it.

9 Likes

你好, 我叫 @William1066.

That’s the most I can do with Chinese.

7 Likes

Romanian: native
English: Advanced

I also studied French for 11 years in school but it never clicked for me and I can barely say how old I am. :sweat_smile: Wish I was allowed to choose something else like Russian (most of my internet friends are Russian) or German. :pensive:

11 Likes

Russian: Native
English: Decent, but sometimes forgor how to type some simple words lmfao

9 Likes

German and english.

Would love to add spanish at some point. But i never take the time to actually learn it.

Heard about a method of learning the 1000 most common words for any given language and going from there. It wont be perfect, but you would be able to communicate.

7 Likes